Folks,

I was hoping to get some opinions. I have a very wide scar.

I recently had 5 vbeam laser treatments. Which has helped a bit.

Do you think I could smp the scar and get decent camo?

Or is this just too much of a monster scar?

5 to 14mm in some spots.

It's relatively flat. Completely flat in some areas slightly raised in others.

post-293189-0-85164000-1408670626_thumb.jpg

post-293189-0-11483900-1408670652_thumb.jpg

post-293189-0-93415600-1408670669_thumb.jpg

I agree. The size of the scar is less important than the texture of it, and how indented or raised it is. A wide, flat scar will always camouflage better than a thin, indented one.

Are you happy with your vbeam treatments? Have you tried fraxel? Its not really my area, so just curious

By the way, your question inspired a blog post :)

http://www.hishairclinic.com/what-type-of-scars-camouflage-best-with-smp/

Thx for chiming in guys. I'd say it's 90% flat in most areas. Maybe 85% flat in others. But wide as all hell.

What color do you think the scar is? Red? Pink? Skin tone?

The vbeam helped it was redder than the devil.

Next is fraxel. Gonna try and get this as smooth and flat as possible before smp. I can't fix width of scar so just gonna try and have the flattest smoothest best color scar I can.

Difficult scars are those which are colour very white or red as the colour tends to still show through when SMP is applied. I think your scar is skin tone from what i can see so it should get decent results.

I'm wondering same thing - but I have 4 scars - not as wide as OP, but 4 of them! I guess some would say my HT was successful as I have decent coverage, but I hate trying to brush it as perfect as possible to reduce the look of thinning. Can anyone recommend a good fraxel practicioner in Chicago area as I think my next step would be to reduce the scars as much as possible before going to HIS for the SMP. Thanks

JetFan, from talking to a bunch of people and a friend of mine who is a dermatologist realize you will never get it perfect flat and also the skin will never be the same as the surrounding due to it being made up of different tissue, Yours looks VERY flat, much more then mine, I would say go for the SMP as it makes A HUGE DIFFERENCE, just my thoughts

Go Steelers lol had to 

Thx guys. Would love to be able to shave my head and be done with concealers and stress. Really hoping I can get this to work.

As far as being totally flat I dunno. I broke both bones in my forearm playing football 25 years ago. It streched just like my ht scar. In fact it looks like a strip scar on my arm. It's truly 100% flat.

I'm gonna do a small careful test patch of fraxel to see if it helps.

I'd hate to do this and get say 65% camo just to realize if had been bit more patient or waited longer I could have gotten to 80% camo. That's big difference.

Steerlrz- are you scars wide? Raised? Pics?