bigh2

Just had my first session in chicago with Magic Mike 7/31

At the moment it's quite noticeable. Its like a scar has been replaced with a noticeable dark line. But, I expect that the second session will make a considerable difference and it will properly blend in with your natural hair?

2b

At the moment it's quite noticeable. Its like a scar has been replaced with a noticeable dark line. But, I expect that the second session will make a considerable difference and it will properly blend in with your natural hair?

I agree with you.. I have a session in a few hours, so i will let you know how it goes.

See what your practitioner says, but I suspect that the low density of your real hair is making the scar hard to camouflage, because he can only use a small number of dots. See how your next session goes, but I would be tempted to bulk up the density of your real hair with pigmentation to achieve the best result.

2b

I agree with you.. I have a session in a few hours, so i will let you know how it goes.

Thank you, I truly appreciate that. It would be great to hear how it went. I have good density in my hair and would give anything to put the nightmare of a hair transplant scar behind me. All I've done is replaced one anxiety (baldness) with another (a scar which I hate)

SO, im back from my 2nd session.. I think it was an improvement from the 1st session, but it is too early to tell.  Magic Mike is basically is trying to blend it all in, so he went in the scar line and all around it to try to fuse it in..

The first 2 pics are taken at my house about 2 hours after the 2nd session.  the last 2 pics are taken  at HIS right after the  session...  The issue with caomflauging scars is it all depends on lighting and angle that hits the scar.  In some light you cant notice it.  In other lighting and angles you can notice it.  I think time will tell on this.  I will keep you all updated on how it goes.

post-296918-0-95250200-1407441715_thumb.jpg

post-296918-0-70302600-1407441722_thumb.jpg

post-296918-0-55571100-1407441743_thumb.jpg

post-296918-0-16472400-1407441908_thumb.jpg

See what your practitioner says, but I suspect that the low density of your real hair is making the scar hard to camouflage, because he can only use a small number of dots. See how your next session goes, but I would be tempted to bulk up the density of your real hair with pigmentation to achieve the best result.

@Damien I think he did a pretty large portion of the back area in this 2nd session.  The session lasted about an hour. 

I also fully agree. Lighting plays a massive part. The pics without the lighting are great. Definitely a big improvement on last time. Are you finished now or do you have a third session? Like me, I bet you rue the day you ever heard of hair transplants.

@Blue smart.. ill have a 3rd session in a bout 2 months and yes worst decision i ever did was have a ht.  I think 2 months should give enough time for the scar and tattoo to heal, but overall, its been 24hours, the scar HT line is still fairly noticeable in different angles, but it did soften a bit.  I think it will be a few weeks b4 i can determine the final outcome of the SMP.   I think the main reason for being visible, is my scar is white and my skin is brown.  Just an idea for HIS, but I think what probably should of been done for people of color is try to match the ink to their skin and color over the scar first then put in the black follicle pigments.  This way the thin white HT line would not be noticeable.

here is some pics from 24hours.. I think I will wait about a week or unless i see a huge change b4 the next pic..

post-296918-0-93634700-1407532242_thumb.jpg

Session 2 is still quite an improvement and I hope session 3 will make a real difference. No matter what,life will be much better than having to constantly hide the scar with longer hair as well as having to worry about the transplanted hair being noticed. I can't wait to put this awful mess behind me. Have you ever looked at Jamie Foxx scar? His tattoo is ridiculous and draws total attention to it. At least yours is quite normal and I am sure session 3 will help a lot. The hair transplant and hair restoration industry sucks and they've caused me nothing but anxiety since I allowed someone to take a chunk out of my head. Well done on taking a proactive decision towards putting this mess behind you. Keep us all informed.

@BlueSmurf Yeah i agree HT was one of the dumbest things i have ever done! @SteelerEyez its healing fairly well, the SMP had defiantly helped me camouflage the  scar.  is the HT 100% hidden, i would say no.  Its still noticeable in different lights and angles, but it has helped tremendously.  It still is heeling, i can still feel some swelling in the back area by my HT line.  My HT line was always very sensitive.  I think in a about 2 months after i get my 3rd SMP it should even make it less noticeable.  The SMP process had defiantly helped and magic mike has been doing a great job at it.

Hi, all sorrry for the slow update.. I don't think u can hide the HT scars a 100%.  Depending on light and angle of view it will be noticeable.  but I would say threes defiantly an improvement.  My 3rd session will be in the end of Nov with mike and hopefully it will be even less noticeable.    Mike, actually does great work, he seems to care and be involved, so i feel comfortable with working with him.

I agree 100% I have had 2 sessions done and it is an improvement but you can never make it 100% just make it less noticeable…I am going to be getting my third done in a few weeks/ month hopefully waiting to see how everything settles for a month or so. 

bigh2- Do you find any lotion that helps, i use aveno face lotion on the scar area with the spy 15 and i think it takes some of the shine when light hits it away 

So I get home and after a few hours the swelling goes down and AFTER looking it through various angles it's pretty hard to notice. I would say about 90% hidden. It's virtually hard to tell.

post-296918-0-55709700-1417216987_thumb.jpg

post-296918-0-02317600-1417217002_thumb.jpg

post-296918-0-40827900-1417217015_thumb.jpg

post-296918-0-12573900-1417217053_thumb.jpg

So after my 3rd session. I am already happy with the results. I think the scar is almost undetectable. It's too early, but 6 hours after the 3rd session. It looks fairly hard to detect. I think the 3rd session has done the job. Just to let u know about Mike, he has done a great job! He's seems to luv what he does and it shows in his work and enthusiasm. Keep up the great work mike.