Young Bald Guy

How I created the 3d look for my Smp

Alright guys I'm just curious if anyone else on the forum has put any thought into this. For my first sessions I went with shades 28-32 and this left me with a light grey shadow on my head. It looked amazing and it matched my hair perfectly right after I shaved my head, but I just felt it made my head to shiny and with my hair being that short I lost a lot of shadow that I would have with a couple days growth. So for my last sessions I went a lot darker and ended up at shade 14. It was a light sprinkle all over my head.I found that this session gave me more of a 3d look because their was a contrast between the light smp and dark smp.

Now I don't have to wet shave and can get away with using the clippers everyday. I will admit I did have a bit of hair left but my temples were brought down about an inch so I think anyone could get away with this. I was able to meet up with a fellow forum member and he took a close look at my head and he could not tell what was my real hair and what was SMP.

So for the guys that don't want to wet shave , this option is available.Here's  a picture I made to give you guys a better understanding.

post-234499-0-43973200-1405475282_thumb.png

I have had 5 sessions all together. My camera broke so all I have right now is my webcam and It doesn't have  the resolution to describe what I'm talking about. Im getting an iphone with in next month or so. Once I get it I'll be sure to take lots of photos.

Hey,

Actually that's exactly what I did 2.5 years ago.

I started off with 34 or 32 and ended with 14.

I will admit though, my reasons for going from light to dark weren't to achieve a 3D look. I started of light because I wanted to gradually introduce the world to "me with a shaved head" as opposed to someone saying "Hey, how did you go from a NW7 to a NW0 bald". 

With my second session I went a little darker. With my third even more darker. Unfortunately, I had some fading, but on the bright side it gave me the time needed for nearly everyone in my life to start seeing me with hair without raising any suspicion. Then when I went in for my forth we dropped to 14 and the magic was complete. 

I really think that is the way to go. 

I tricks your eye into thinking there are different depths to your shaved/cropped head. 

I like this idea...i guess its just important to point out/remember that when dropping a colour significantly to create a so called 3D effect you still have to be wary of the density levels. Its a sprinkle of a dark and needs to be just that, not a sudeen drop in colour with crazy levels of density.

Do you think it would work for darker complexions? I don't think so,  since I don't have the range of colors, I think I'm at a 6 now. Just  throwing it out there. 

Do you think it would work for darker complexions? I don't think so,  since I don't have the range of colors, I think I'm at a 6 now. Just  throwing it out there. 

Unlikely...as i think you really need something (your skin tone) to contrast against the SMP pigments somewhat so that there is a diffrentiation of the darker/lighter pigments giving that 3D effect. 3D on very dark skin can only be created with real hair.

@Juju , Im not sure if it would work to well with darker skin, but the basic principle is have different shades to create different layers.

and with this , you must moderation. Nothing to Extreme!

Also I have never been caught and I meet a member of the forums and he saw my treatment and he was so happy with what he saw he went and booked smp

So, is this 3D effect something more people have had/tried?

I'm debating whether to have more treatment or not, because I think my current shade is too light, but I don't want it too dense with a darker shade either.

A 3D'ish solution sounds awesome, but is it?

The attatched picture is from a BJJ youtube channel, and the guy on the right has what I would refer to as a 3D effect. I understand that what he has is real hair, but is it not possible to do SMP more like this, as an alternative to "normal density"? :)

post-188429-0-98951300-1405864479_thumb.jpg