johnnyNY

Finally did it and booked my first session July 9th in Chicago w/ Mike

When I had my first treatment done my practitioner shaved me down with a foil shaver so it was pretty much wet shave length when the treatment was applied. With that being said I'm assuming once it fades it's gonna match up perfectly with a foil shaven length.

I guess what freaks me out a bit is that there were a couple guys on here like pdx who I saw after their first treatment it was identical to their real color. By the next day after their treatment they could go out in public and you would never know. Mine is not like that yet and I have to hope it fades to get to that point. I know everyone's body reacts different though so it's hard to compare situations from one person to the next. I am just thankful I hold the ink and I'm not in the unfortunate situation,like some, where extremely fading occurs.

I know I'm in excellent hands though and it will work itself in the end.

I just checked in the mirror this morning and now that my hair is even longer it's clear that the treatment is lighter than where my real hair is coming in, which is a GOOD thing. Maybe what was making the treatment look darker was my real hair. For the last 2 days it's been way longer than I am normally going to wear it as I an on shaving once per day. It was tougher to tell when it was a bit shorter but now it's clear that the darkest areas are where the hair is. Once I shave it down today finally I'm assuming its gonna blend awesome.

Like everyone says on here, I just need to relax and wait until the end for the final result.

Alright today was the day I could run some water over my head and finally shave it down. I just used Andis Headliner clippers with no guard which gets it really close. I am looking to get a nice rotary shaver this week. 

Color seems to be blending, dots are still a bit big up close but I know it's still super early. Wouldn't mind getting an opinion on a couple things......

What do you think of the hairline? Does it look really natural and are there any suggestions that I could do for my second session to make it even more natural? Even tough it's not a straight line, I still feel sometimes like it's to perfect. Again, maybe it's because Im not used to having a hairline. Just not sure if I should have went softer. I was also considering softening the point in the front a bit. 

Do you think in the past pic the color looks to dark on me? Under most lighting it, looks awesome but in dark lit rooms I sometimes feel it looks to dark and almost black. I attribute that to it not fully settling yet or that I am not used to having this much coverage making me see more scalp than anything previous to the treatment. 

Still overall though I am extremely happy and know that it only gets better with the second session. I just want to go into the second session with as many ideas (little enhancements) as possible to make this look the most natural as possible.

post-295255-0-91849400-1405274373_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-89987400-1405274389_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-28094500-1405274393_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-94878900-1405274395_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-67104300-1405274398_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-17438400-1405274403_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-95451600-1405274405_thumb.jpg

That looks awesome.  I'm booked for next week and I'll be stoked if I get anywhere close to what you got.  I'm the same complexion and hair color as you and this makes me way less nervous now.  I've got the same redish tint to my hair when it's long...it looks great.

Sorry, but I'm asking for the same do. lol.

Any advice?

WooTown, 

Best advice I can give you is try and relaxed as it's a day to day process of healing. I myself even freak about things that eventually turn out ok. Also it's hard but try not judge your result until after your second session. Mine is this coming Friday.

Majorly important as well is really do your homework as far as what type of look you want to go for. Really know what hairline you want, how you want your profiles ect. Bring as many pictures for examples as possible to show your practitioner. This way they will be able to get a vivid idea of what you are trying to achieve and will adjust it perfectly based on your facial features as certain hairlines don't look right on everyone.

If you wan to talk in depth, feel free to PM me and I can give you my number. I have had an exceptionally positive experience thus far and it's only the beginning. I'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have. 

Well session 2 was complete yesterday and as of right now I couldn't be happier! Mike is a dam Picasso when it comes to designing and completing a hairline. We made a few adjustments to soften it up and soften the point in the front and it came out great. Wanted to get an opinion from you guys on something.

For the first session we went with a shade 28 and for the second we played it safe and went with a 30 due to me holding the ink pretty good in certain spots.

First has anyone had experience with going one shade down for the second session to fill in and did it turn out in the end, 3D kinda? 

Second, is the overall color going to look darker anyway because you have more ink compounded on each other now between the 2 sessions regardless of going lighter?

Lastly, I really like the darkness that it is right now and after fading may opt for a third session to try and get it to this darkness. Do you guys think it would be to dark on me though considering my eyebrow color and that I have more fair skinned features? People that know me know I have reddish brown hair so a shadow that dark might look suspect.

If so I will probably just let this settle and keep it as is. I love it dark but don't wanna look out of place either. Obviously I wanna try and achieve that kind of cropped look but don't want to overdo it darkness wise either. I don't have black eyebrows and olive skin so I don't know that I would have a shadow so dark lol. 

post-295255-0-08954900-1405788325_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-65571900-1405788342_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-12120600-1405788353_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-86142700-1405788363_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-02904400-1405788372_thumb.jpg

It can sometimes happen that guys choose to go a shade lighter, this is probably because you held the pigment really well and considering more density = more darkness anyway a shade lighter will give you a complete look and one that will end up where you need it to be after the full settling process. I say give it 4-6 weeks before deciding on either a 3rd and/or darkerness. We just dont know how it will settle on you long term and longer you wait the better it will be to approach the future. Treatment looks good..i trust you are happy :)

Thanks Fix Ma Heed and Dr Carter, I"ll definitely see how the settling process goes before deciding to quickly. I love the contrast right now and that's definitely what I want. I think what was bugging me before was that it looked like such a uniform and cohesive gray that it almost appeared that i just painted gray paint on my head. This gives the illusion of real follicles and a real shaved head. As of right now I am loving it. 

Thanks WooTown!

The more I look it, I think I made the right choice going a shade lighter especially if adding more adds darkness. Right now as it stands I feel would be a bit to dark for my skin tone, so if I would have gone darker this session the outcome may have been to dark. Also if adding more density with the same color makes it a lot darker, that could have been an issue as well. Hopefully it fades into the perfect shade of gray with a nice fade look compared to the sides. Worst case I can always go for a third.

Here are some day 5 pics after my second session. It still has a lot of settling and fading to do hopefully and I am not sure how I feel about the end result as of yet. Here is where I am at right now......

1.) I still feel that the color selection is to dark. As you can see in the first pic which is in natural daylight, no sun, the top is very much darker than the sides. I feel this way about the color choice because the color that was used on my sides and profiles has blended nicely but is still darker and can clearly be seen over my natural hair color, only more subtle. If this was used all over the top of my head I think it would have been a more desired look and still created the mild fade I was after. The sides were done with 32 and the top was done with 28 for the first session and 30 for the second. Even some of the dots from the first session on the sides that have had 2 weeks to settle now are a touch darker and I think would have been more ideal for the top as well. Every time I look at the sides I wish my whole head would have been that darkness because it is darker in a subtle way and looks much more natural. I know it has a lot more time to settle and fade but right now at certain points the top looks so dark and dense it almost looks painted on in certain lighting.

2.) Now that the pigments are staring to settle a bit from the bold black color of a fresh treatment, I am experiencing the chameleon effect again. What I mean is, it takes on all different colors in various lighting conditions. Sometimes it's the perfect gray, other times it's a super light weird looking gray, other times it's a touch blue looking. It's just very frustrating that I was told this is normal by my practitioner and NOT told this in my initial consult with Ian before I made a decision. I am not panicking yet or frantic and hopefully this issue will subside once this has more time to settle. If it does not resolve itself I am unfortunately going to be very dissatisfied and obviously upset that this was never brought up in the initial consult. My practitioner was even kind of surprised it wasn't mentioned.

I think that because the color might be a bit to dark for my skin tone is what is causing some of the weird color issues as again the dots placed on the sides look much more natural under the skin.

3.) I am still unsure on the hairline as I feel it might be a tad to low and it's to perfect. I am feeling I should have went with just a touch of recession. This is the least of my worries though because I can zap that with a laser and adjust it accordingly. 

Again, I am not panicking yet but just addressing where I am at as of today and I know it has a lot of settling to do. It's just unfortunate that I am more paranoid now about my head than when I shaved my head bald. When I went out before I had nothing to worry about and it just sucked having a bald head sometimes. Now I have to constantly worry about how my head looks when I go outside or enter a room. I was hoping for a confidence increase not decrease. 

The last pic I posted is a more natural look that was achieved that I hope mine turns close to, maybe just a smidgen darker/dense. It looks super natural and looks closer to a shaved head to me than what I have right now but again we shall see once it starts really settling.

post-295255-0-86039900-1406139424_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-59831800-1406139436_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-35952900-1406139448_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-00184300-1406139459_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-52124400-1406139469_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-89945600-1406139480_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-33002900-1406139495_thumb.jpg

post-295255-0-79852800-1406139589_thumb.jpg

Wow that looks really good! I don't think it looks too dark. Based on your before pics you still had enough hair up top to pull this off. That's how dark I wanna go but my heads just not holding the ink all that well. Hopefully next week I'll get this all straightened out.

Looking great so far mate! Looks like a finished treatment as long as it doesn't fade too much. A bit of normal fading should get you to the shade you want anyway

So do you guys think it would have been a mistake to do 32 on the top as well? It's just right now when I go outside, whether the sun is out or not, the top is extremely dark and looks like I have straight up black dots on my head. I am hoping this is because it hasn't fully settled yet.