Sign in to follow this  
Enny

What did you tell work colleagues?

Hi all,

I've been bald for a long time (and hated every moment of it!).

My head is already shaved (just with clippers without any spacer), but have a job where work colleagues are often stood right over me while I am sat at a desk.

1) Have you found SMP stands up to such close scrutiny?

2) What do people tell their work colleagues (mine are perhaps not the most supportive bunch!)?

Cheers

Yeah, i've told a couple people i work with and it's been no big deal. I think the only half-way odd looks i've gotten are more related to the slight hardness of the hairline, not to it looking fake. I've asked my buddies to be brutally honest with me about and i've gotten nothing but good reactions.

I was n/w7 for 30 yrs and no-one notices / says anything - which in itself is a bummer cos you sent all that money and folks dont notice .

Its a weird feeling mate - u dont wont folks to notice , but when they dont then you are pissed .

I work in Retail Security and as such face confrontation most days and no-one has called me out (and they would if it looked odd).

In fact only problem at work is when I write a Statement for the Police and have to put im 51 yrs of age ! - they never believe me .

I think what rings best is that which is the truth but without the details.  If someone asks, I simply say that my hair was thinning out a bit over the years and I decided to seek some treatments for it in Los Angeles. That the treatments worked pretty well but for now it works best if I maintain my hair at a short level. If they ask beyond that, my face takes on that joking type smile that clearly indicates I am changing the topic. And if the person is obviously dense, then I change up the tired routine of having secrets which I cannot reveal without causing bodily harm.