Sign in to follow this  
Wallzer

Very flakey scalp after treatment

Just had my 2nd treatment and washed my hair today 5days after treatment and my scalp is soooo flakey, itchy ans red. Like I could literally peel my head.. Is this normal? Will it effect my result? Anything I can do other then use moisturiser?

Mine was the same after the first treatment which resulted in a lot of the dots just coming off. My scalp is naturally flakey so rather annoying to be honest. 2nd session it hasn't been as bad although still noticing fading (probably due to flakey skin).

Does ink colour play a part in how successful your scalp will retain the pigment. My first session was a 18 and didn't retain much at all.....2nd session 10/12 and it's been decent so far although again still worried about fading on one side in particular (and hairline). There was another practitioner who walked in during the 2nd session and recommended a 6 was used which i was reluctant. Hmmm maybe he was right.

Yeah it's normal for your skin to be flaky right after a treatment.  I think it's mostly because of not being able to scrub the dead skin off very well.  Not much you can do except lightly put some moisturizer on and wait for some time to pass so that you can scrub it more vigorously in the shower once you get to that stage.

@ staycalm - yes ink color plays a part in how successful your scalp retains the pigment... in the sense that the darker you go, the more that remains after your immune system reacts with it.

Need to wake up this thread.

Had my second treatment 2.5 weeks ago and I have to say I am sort off happy with my final outcome.
I asked the practitioners to us a conservative approach.

Anyhow, the issue I have now is that my scalp is super dry and flakey.
I use lotions directly after shower every morning to combat the dryness.

I have noticed only the crown and hairline area has 'flakes' and dryness issues while the sides and the back are fine.
I am tired of putting lotion everyday after shower. Does anyone know of any shampoo that I can use which contains lotion so that I dont have to put lotion after each shower. Please give me your advice on this issue.

thanks

- Nizoral works as shampoo, it's really good. Although you don't really need to use a shampoo.

Use a face cleanser. You should also exfoliate sometimes too (st ives apricot is good).

- When you shower, make sure the water is only luke warm when it hits your head. 

- Try putting olive oil on your scalp once a week for 15 minutes.

- Diprobase and Simple Derma cream are both excellent. Either one of them should have

it cleared up in no time if you put it on every night before bed. I'd start with one of these first.

Different things work for different people. I only know all this crap cause my head was drier than the Elephant 

Man's arse when I had SMP done.

Many thanks tosspot, really appreciate your detailed response.
Will follow your instructions

- Nizoral works as shampoo, it's really good. Although you don't really need to use a shampoo.

Use a face cleanser. You should also exfoliate sometimes too (st ives apricot is good).

- When you shower, make sure the water is only luke warm when it hits your head. 

- Try putting olive oil on your scalp once a week for 15 minutes.

- Diprobase and Simple Derma cream are both excellent. Either one of them should have

it cleared up in no time if you put it on every night before bed. I'd start with one of these first.

Different things work for different people. I only know all this crap cause my head was drier than the Elephant 

Man's arse when I had SMP done.

Is there a way I could tell if my skin will tend to be flaky or not after the traitment?

Those that are experiencing this have what kind of skin?

Always very dry?

There is no way to know in advance unfortunately, not that I'm aware of anyway. This doesn't happen very often, but it can from time to time. As soon as 4 days have passed after each session you can moisturise like mad to address the problem anyway.