Newguy

What do you say when a girl asks you to grow it out more?

HI fellas,

Question is in the title! I had the procedure done about 4-5 months ago with Zang in LA and it's one of the best things I have ever done. I highly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence. No one has ever said a thing; I've had people rub my head, get close to it, you name it. I suppose it's a testament to how real it looks when a girl is actually asking you to grow it out for her just a little bit!

I don't want to tell the truth as I'd rather keep it private, but I also don't want to come across as an asshole that won't grow his hair out (because really, if I could, I wouldn't care about doing it). She's not asking in a rude way. She still wants a buzz cut, just maybe a week or 2 of growth (I can actually pull off 4-5 days after a wet shave, and very often just use Wahl clippers with no guard which gets me by for 2 days).

I've dated quite a few girls since having it done and this is the first one that has asked. All the others have totally loved it -- even a hairdresser of all people. The hairdresser said she has never really liked the shaved look but that I changed her mind... oh the irony. So even though it's an anomaly, I'm still curious how some of you veterans or resident comedians might handle the question.

i think lynyrd skynyrd said it best:

dont ask me no questions, and i wont tell you no lies

dont ask me bout my business, and i wont tell you goodbye

dont ask no stupid questions, and i wont send you away

if you want to talk-a  fishin, well i guess that'll be okay

:D

This is a good topic, since I've had 2 women ask me this since my treatment finished, and I'm sure we all encounter it. Personally my go-to responses are 1) I like it this way and 2) I have diffuse balding so when I grow it out it looks thin and patchy (which is half true since I lost my hair in this manner). The second answer is probably best since any woman will prefer a shaved head to a whispy-thin head of hair and it will make you look more ballsy for just shaving it off. This might be harder to explain for those of you with perfect SMP hairlines and a very dark dense treatment though.

I also do a lot of weight-training, and one girl said to me before I could even answer "Oh it's because you're always in the gym and I guess it's low maintenance to keep it shaved right?" - more reason to get in shape :D

Bald tosspot -- Tell her you'll only grow your hair out if she gets her tits enlarged.

Well, I would have tried that one except she already has her tits enlarged. Wouldn't want to paint myself into a corner! ;)

I ended up telling her I just like it this way... low maintenance. A bit of a combo of Kojak's response. She hasn't brought it up since. It's really a pretty insignificant question now that I think about it. Thanks for the responses!

The best answer IMHO is one that incorporates part of the truth but does not delve into details.  Something like, "My hair was getting patchy and thin and I decided to shoot for a new look."  That tells the truth (in a manner of speaking), puts their mind at ease and moves you onto the next topic.

BTW Tosspot, UNESCO just reached me by mistake, and told me that they would like for you to be their next high commissioner on women's health and body issues. ;)

Why not just tell the truth?  What's the big deal?  I'll guarantee you that 95% of girls would not give a shit about it...

Girls can't even walk out the door without caking their faces with makeup to look half decent.  Even the best looking girls usually look like total dog shit without make up on. 

Fake tits... fake face... fake hair...  fake nails.. fake eye lashes....  They are one big phony illusion so who are they to judge if a guy has some fake stubble on his head that looks completely realistic?

http://photos-download.tk/wp-content/uploads/1328562600girls_with_and_without_makeup_16.jpg

http://i0.wp.com/imgs.funsterz.com/2012/apmayy/0713/Girls-with-and-without-makeup-007.jpg