Sign in to follow this  
Scarredup5

Experience in shaving HT scars???

What has been people's experiences in shaving their scar before getting SMP?

I am contemplating on wet shaving my head and getting preSMP laser work on my scar before getting it camouflaged with ink this fall after the TO office opens. A few years ago I buzzed my head to a #1 and my scar could be seen from across the room. I am hoping that since my scar is reasonably flat, white and thin and the fact that I have light colored hair (red) that my follicles should be so light that the scar will not be that noticeable. I know that if I buzz my head that the scar will look terrible before getting SMP but will it look passible if I wet shave every day minimizing the contrast of the follicles and the white scar? Also, after getting SMP does the ink look more noticeable than the follicles if you wet shave? 

Anyone have experience with this? 

scars are very varied, so its hard to give a complete answer.

I think your scar will possibly be less noticeable from a distance if you wet shave, but up close you will obviously will see it clearer,

i find that having some stubble can soften the look of a scar especially when combined with SMP and thats my preference but others prefer a wet cut/electric face shave combined with SMP which makes for a more seamless blend.

If I use the electric razor on my scars I have to go use light presure as I can get razor burn, also I have to be careful with wet shaving as I can get carried away and forget about them and cut them.

T