Sign in to follow this  
youngbalding

What Do Women Think?

I am a 21 year old hair loss sufferer and I have been losing my hair since I was 15. I feel incredibly self conscious about this and it has prevented me from dating and forming a social circle. I feel that my balding at a young age is a major turnoff/dealbreaker to the girls my age. Lets be honest here. The vast majority of young women care a lot about a guys hair. Do you guys believe that SMP has made you more attractive to the opposite sex? Do you believe that women differentiate between a shaved head with a full head of hair and being bald?

In my humble experience for the really hot women that are extremely attractive, well educated (or on the road to be so) and confident at age 20 to 25, about 30% really do want the protoypical alpha male with a Norwood I or II head of hair.  The good news is, that the other 70% (some studies show up to 90%) dont mind if a guy has a flaw if he makes up for it with his sense of humor, his intelligence, his athleticism, his character or his ability to be a good earner.  Relational psychologists are in near complete agreement, a woman's hair means much more to a man than a man's hair means to a woman.

Outside of that narrow window of young hot women who also possess high intelligence and drive, the other extremely attractive women who you encounter in life who find it is a must that their potential mate have Norwood I hair, you will find that the majority are shallow and besides enjoying them in the bedroom, are actually fairly petty and not the type of people you would to spend any long term relationship with.  It is a bit difficult to see that now at your age, but with hair loss comes pain and then wisdom.  And, I have alot of hair loss:)

I do believe women negatively differentiate between bald and hair, but not between bald and a shaved head of hair (or the illusion thereof).

Do you believe that smp gives you an advantage with women over being bald?

Just shave off your head and get it done with, you are too young. Worry about your career right now. If you become something in life, you will be proud of yourself and girls come to good professional people at later ages when they are done fooling around. Remember, Confidence is something that will get the girls attracted to you, doesn't matter if you have a full head of hair or thinning hair. I know it's very depressing when you lose your hair at any age. i am married with beautiful kids and wife but hairless still bothers me at age 42. When we get used to one look, we don't want to let it go. I say just shave it once and see how you like yourself.

Just shave off your head and get it done with, you are too young. Worry about your career right now. If you become something in life, you will be proud of yourself and girls come to good professional people at later ages when they are done fooling around. Remember, Confidence is something that will get the girls attracted to you, doesn't matter if you have a full head of hair or thinning hair. I know it's very depressing when you lose your hair at any age. i am married with beautiful kids and wife but hairless still bothers me at age 42. When we get used to one look, we don't want to let it go. I say just shave it once and see how you like yourself.

I want to fool around now while I am still young and not when I am middle aged.

So shave off your head, don't stress about your hair as they are not going to come back no matter what you rub on it. I am sure guys at age 21 with shaved head are getting a whole lot of sugar. 

Youngbalding- I got way more girls when I lost majority of my hair then when I had a full head of hair. Know why? Because I figured I am losing my hair at a fast speed so I better pimp it on as many girls as I can now before it's all gone. And it worked. Not because I had some hair but because I hit on so many girls that like anything else I got good at it. Practice makes perfect. And having a Ferrari at age 23 didn't hurt either.

Yes.  Both from a objective purely physical appearance point of a view and subjectively from the inner mental confidence it brings.

Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm currently taking propecia/minoxidil/ketocanazole in hopes that some of my hair will grow back. If it doesn't I will definately consider doing this procedure. It just depresses me that many girls will reject me over something that isn't my fault and I have no control over.

youngbalding don't waste your time and money on all the lotions and creams available on the market they don't work, I've been there at your age and i know how traumatic it feels, its more about confidence after 25 but before that girls do go more for looks unfortunately my advice would be to get smp if its for you, like cakelover said dont waste years agonizing about it, good luck   

If anyone understands you, it is the fellas here at this forum.  But, I also urge to you consider the other side of the coin.  If you were born really short or with low intelligence, those would be problems that cannot be fixed.  At least with hair, SMP is a viable option that really does add to the person.  I know that will not suddenly pump you up, but things could be much worse.

(BTW, I live at two locations, with one being in San Jose and travel to San Fran almost weekly.  Never underestimate the great attributes of the city you live in.  It is world class.)

If I were you, I would get SMP done now. Hair loss might not be a big deal for women who are 25+ and looking to date a man who is their age or older...but for the really young ones under 25, it is usually a dealkiller. And there are even plenty of older women who wouldn't want to date a man who has any kind of hair loss. Baldness is something which is never going to be helping you...the best case scenario you can hope for is that it doesn't hurt you too much. You are not going to restore lost hair with those drugs, and you're not going to "get over it" by sitting there and doing nothing. Don't be the guy who wastes years of his life because he didn't take action to change himself.

It's very good that you found this site, and have the motivation to get it done.

Girls your age do care, yes. I was a NW7 or so at your age so I know exactly what it's like, although I was wearing hair at that time so I could pretend to have a full head of hair.

As women age their hormones and tastes change too, they are less attracted to boys like Bieber and those One Direction twats in their skinny jeans, and they start to prefer guys who exude rugged masculinity. Baldness is the result of high DHT levels (and scalp sensitivity to DHT) and DHT is a hormone that is converted from testosterone so there is an evolutionary unconscious reason for ovulating mature women to find that kind of look attractive.

I think there's a big difference between being bald and having SMP give a framed hairline to the face. Before treatment I could get women but it was generally only the ones who liked my type, but these days after treatment (and without bragging too much) I get hit on by women all the time from 20-somethings to women old enough to be my mum. It definitely helps.

I think Im one of the youngest guys on the forum , starting balding at 16 and got this treatment done at 18.Hairloss sucks and after I got this treatment I still manage to get decent girls.You got to have the mind set that if a girl doesn't want to hook up with you, then would you really want to hook up with a shallow girl in the first place.I know your a young guy and you want to play the field but honestly its not as great as you think.Yeh sure theirs nothing better than getting with some hot blonde in the club but at the end of the day your still alone and have to make a trip to the doctors to get for penicillin lol. Its much better to find a girl that likes you for who you are. Id rather have one of those kind of girls then a bimbo any day. 

Bro, I feel your pain.  Trust me, I can empathize with this.  I started going bald in my late teens and it crippled my self confidence and ego.  However, I assure you, there are women--yes, gorgeous girls--who do not mind if you are bald.  Furthermore, with this procedure, they will never be able to tell.  True, we won't have the Brad Pitt hair like he had in Fight Club, but I have been shaving my head and have been using Toppik for years, and I have had some fun with some hotties.  I plan on getting this procedure done in a few months and I can only imagine the wonders it will do for me (And for you too).

Many, many people have short hair, and the girls love it (The Rock, Vin Diesel, etc.).  Just hang in there my friend!