Sign in to follow this  
SteelerEyez

NJ Shore, Scar Cover up Questions

Hi everyone, 

I am brand new to this site and have looked around the threads and read up on SMP. I was just out at the Arnold Classic in Ohio where I saw the booth. Talking to them had me thinking. I forget the guy who was there ( NY office ) but I told him how I had a HT like 8 years ago when i was (21) and it was great however the rest is starting to go and there will come a time where the scar will be able to be seen. I have my hair short ( very very thin on top) and just long enough to fully cover it. However as a 29 year old it just makes me look older then I am. I regret getting the HT and having this strip and would love to have very short hair if the scar can be covered. The guy at the booth said I have a very very small scar ( as in depth/width) however it is the smiley face ( ear to ear ). Is there anyone around the monmouth county area or in NJ who has had their scar covered up and would be willing to either meet up or just Direct Message me about their experience. Also I find  conflicting info on laser to reduce the scar and whether it is beneficial to do it pre SMP. I know this seems like a lot of questions but just trying to get an idea about this process and see what I can do to to change my life in this aspect. 

Thank you all for your help in this process

Hi everyone, 

I am brand new to this site and have looked around the threads and read up on SMP. I was just out at the Arnold Classic in Ohio where I saw the booth. Talking to them had me thinking. I forget the guy who was there ( NY office ) but I told him how I had a HT like 8 years ago when i was (21) and it was great however the rest is starting to go and there will come a time where the scar will be able to be seen. I have my hair short ( very very thin on top) and just long enough to fully cover it. However as a 29 year old it just makes me look older then I am. I regret getting the HT and having this strip and would love to have very short hair if the scar can be covered. The guy at the booth said I have a very very small scar ( as in depth/width) however it is the smiley face ( ear to ear ). Is there anyone around the monmouth county area or in NJ who has had their scar covered up and would be willing to either meet up or just Direct Message me about their experience. Also I find  conflicting info on laser to reduce the scar and whether it is beneficial to do it pre SMP. I know this seems like a lot of questions but just trying to get an idea about this process and see what I can do to to change my life in this aspect. 

Thank you all for your help in this process

I'm fairly sure it would have been either Matt or Greig who you met at Arnold.

The general consensus on this forum is that fraxel laser can help achieve a better camouflage for your hair transplant scar via SMP, if it is raised, indented or of uneven texture.