Sign in to follow this  
jtl60

Is my hair too light?

I've been lurking the forum for a few months and went to an open day last month in Birmingham but at the time I hadn't shaved my head for about 5 days.

I took this pic this morning after I had shaved my head and I'm worried that the hair I have is so light in colour and matched with my pale skin tone just makes it look like I have no hair at all on the sides so the benefits of

SMP would be pretty minimal. What do you think?

0401f97d-a728-4183-b0c4-20fb1a50154f_zps

Your hair is a bit light but the point of SMP is darken the top of the scalp with pigment dots and then blend them down into the real hair on the sides.  If you look at the work that was done for Damien (the forum big boss) you can see an example of what I mean.  SMP will take years off your appearance and you will have no trouble achieving good blending despite your light hair color.

I thought Robby was the forum boss?

HeyJtl648308480, My sides are invisible when I wet shave. Yours are pretty

dark compared to mine. It' really difficult to imagine it before you have it done, so get a mock up done.

Another thing: The longest word you can type, using the top letters of your keyboard is "TYPEWRITER."

Caps Locks not essential.

Another thing: When I first wanted to get this done, I thought this only looked good at dark/black/Asian people.

But now, after seeing countless treatments - I actually think, the more of a white mofo you are, the softer of a

look you can go for and looks much more natural. IN MY OPINION. 

Good luck with your treatment if you decide to get it done.

Here are some guys, who have also a little bit too light rest hair on the sides. But no problem - some guys had made SMP on the whole head and it looks great. But I am sure, you have to pay a little bit more! ;)

I have some of the same worries. My hair is a med. brown to light brown. HatingHats, How much darker on the top are you talking? Personally I think yours is blended (faded from top of head to actual hair) pretty good but I do see some treatments where there is a clear distinction b/t the smp and actual hair. And from the distance in the photo, it just looks like a line. Is this by design? Do you specifically have to ask for a fade? It seems most of the people that have the fade going are much darker on top. Is it possible to do the "fade" in the same shade as your side hair with a lighter hair color like light/med brown?

Cheers for the comments and thanks for the photo cakelover, as you mentioned we have a similar shade and skin tone so its proof it would work for me! 

I recommend showing cake's photos as reference. His looks brilliant

Edit I'll also add that Ive personally have only seen a handful of people with shaved heads with hair so thin and light that made it very hard to spot where it started. The vast majority, including you I believe from looking at the pic, have hair that is pretty visible when shaved.