Sign in to follow this  
Baldwithscar

Scars and bald

Hi I'm new to this forum but have been looking at the topics for a while now I have numerous scars on the side of my head which make me unbelievably paranoid Iluckily I wear a hard hat at work and I use nano fibres and concealer sticks on the scar areas only, I'm not massively paranoid about being bald but I am considering treatment all over just worried what people will say if notice I was looking to follow my natural hairline and go for a receding look I've had some sort of treatment on the scars of a beautician but that went pear shaped and ended up blue so I went for consultation at his hair about a year ago and advised me to have it lasered of which I have.I've prob got about one more procedure to clear existing ink to barely noticeable. now my hairs got really thin bald I can no longer keep it long enough to hide the scars so I'm currently saving while making up my mind.the scars are from cyst what I had cut out about ten years ago I had scar revision but unfortunately my hair didn't grow back in them places the scars aren't really red or bumpy as any one any thoughts or advise I would be grateful thankspost-294265-0-17817800-1392577508_thumb.jpgpost-294265-0-96145300-1392577518_thumb.jpg

If you are in Manchester why not pop into the clinic there and say hi to Danny - I live/work in Stockport if you are ever  over this side and as I work in a shopping centre its easy to say hi to me any day even at work .

If your bothered by the scars mate I would go for it. I'd pop into a local clinic and let them see were you are with your laser treatment. With the rest of you head I'd go for a light look so nothing shouts out to people and you'll be fine.

If you want the best blend then I would say yes it would be better if your old treatment was totally gone. But I would get an expert opinion. Go for a consultation and they will be able to tell you.