HBK

Booked at Last - Can't Wait! FUE Mess to Get Sorted

Curious hbk. If you did get more fue would the new dots you receive be covered under warranty if you're still under your year from first treatment of smp? I only asked because you said you wanted a little more fue. Btw I don't think you need anymore because what you have looks awesome.

Not exactly sure what you mean but if you're asking if I'd get another FUE HT then get his to do SMP on the scars then the answer is DEFINITELY NOT!

If you're meaning getting a SMP touch up on the FUE scars then yes the dots will be covered until 1 year after the date of my 1st session.

Appreciate the awesome comment, thanks! But I do think it still needs a little bit more just to finish off the scars. 1hour scar touch up in a couple of weeks should do me for a few years hopefully!

Hbk. I misread your sentence

"Starting to think I might need a touch up on the FUE's. I find that under some light (bright fluorescent office ones) I can see them standing out but then other times it looks invisible"

as if you were getting more fue. My mistake. Now I know that you meant you were getting more work done on the fue scars you already have.

Ill get a diary started after I go in for a consultation. Do they give test patches at consultation to see how my body absorbs the pigment?

Looks great bud. Bit more time. To settle of course but one of the best Iv seen

Thanks a lot man. Really cool to hear that from you seeing as your treatment is one of my favourites, I took a couple of your pics with me for my 1st session to show what I wanted!

Took a couple of pics outside today and was surprised to see how light my SMP looked (pleasantly surprised as it looked more natural). Took a couple more just there in indoor evening light seeing as it's half time in the footy and I'm bored, now it looks quite dark. Just shows what a difference lighting makes

Had a beautiful baby girl join the family recently so plenty of pics been taken. Thought I'd post a couple to show how my SMP looks in everyday settings rather than the usual close ups of my head!

SMP looks absolutely class HBK and I'm delighted for you with the wee addition to the family.

New poster here from Italy. I'm really happy for you! It's unbelievable! I have too white dots in the same position...( like a strip) but mine are a bit bigger. and I have plugs in hairline. I'm scheduled to have a reversal with Feriduni in Belgium next month. He will take all plugs out (2 cm hairline) and he will plant them back in the donor white dots. My target is to shave my head whit no transplanted hair in recipient and more coverage on the withe dots. Then I would love to have the treatment done on my scar tissue first and then on my all head once I'll be happy whit the scar. Do someone know where could be the treatment done near nort Italy? Better France or Spain or England? Thanks a lot four help!

Alright folks,

Just thought I'd post a wee update on my laser session on my hairline. Rather than post all the reasons why again - I'd posted on the thread "why not tell the truth" about how a couple of guys made some negative comments about my hairline which made me decide I wanted to soften it, so full story is on that thread if anyone's interested.

I went to the London clinic and was treated by Dee who was very friendly and helpful. I came away from the session and after letting it settle for a couple of days, I wasn't too happy. My hairline was slightly curved and sat slightly lower in the middle in a very soft widows peak. The laser had removed / lightened this peak but next to nothing at either side of the hairline and was now basically left an almost completely straight hairline which was way sharper than it ever was. I did notice at the time that there was very little pain at the sides at all whereas the middle was a bit worse. Looks like this is because there was very little reaction to the laser at the sides compared to the middle, unfortunately I wasn't clued up enough to realise that was the case at the time otherwise I'd have said something.

I contacted Dee and explained what had happened and she agreed and was happy to arrange a 2nd session the next week on the areas that hadn't been lasered as much as I'd hoped. After having the 2nd session I'm much happier. I asked her to laser it jagged so that although I only wanted it faded, if the SMP were to disappear completely I wouldn't end up with a sharp hairline of SMP further back. This seems to have worked quite well so far and has definitely broken up the hairline.

Apart from the fact it wasn't ideal having to go to London a 2nd time, I'm still much happier and it was worth it in the end. I will probably need a touch up on the hairline with a few random dots to fully sort it but I think it's well on its way now. I've attached a couple of photos to show where the hairline was before and what has been done to it.

Before laser, right side was sharper than left so here's a picture of it

After laser, first photo shows roughly where old hairline was

Yeah I know lads I was surprised myself! I was really happy with my treatment overall and didn't see that coming at all.

Don't know if you guys saw the other thread or not so I'll be brief on here. I think it was just the hairline since the comments were about a "black line round my head" and then someone else said "looks drawn on". I didn't press them further about what they meant as I wasn't wanting to prolong the situation obviously.

They aren't friends. Just a couple of guys at work who I don't know particularly well - if anything they are in my book of c***s now! Haha.

It's shattered my confidence though which is the worst of it as I hoped to move on from hair loss worry and anxiety after treatment. In a way I have but just replaced the worries with new ones about people finding out about SMP.

As said in the other thread though, still wouldn't change getting SMP and things are still much better than before.

Hey HBK, been a while since I last commented so thought I'd drop by and see how things are going. Surprised to see you've had further sessions because in all honesty, your treatment looked perfect months ago, before the touch up session.

I remember after one of my sessions, I was obsessed with the hairline being perfectly symmetrical, to the point where it really irritated me almost every waking moment of the day. I couldn't get it out of my head and  ended up making it seem worse than it actually was. Several months down the line and I don't see that same imperfection when I look in the mirror (and no extra work was done on it). I think naturally, we are hyper-sensitive about our new look during the treatment phase and from what I gather from my own experience and reading others, our mind can make things seem worse than they actually are. That said, I understand why you reacted how you did after those comments.

Whoever those negative guys were, you need to ignore them. I can't even see your scar - at all! I said that a few treatments back. I'm extremely envious of that and you should now just get on with your life, maybe even take a step back from the forum. I know that not regularly being on here for a few months has helped me get more perspective, got me out of the "SMP bubble" and allowed me to focus on other things and get used to living with my new look. It's still good to come back every now and then though - never forget your roots ;-)

Here's a few with a fresh wet shave outside in natural light.

Got some concealer on the FUEs but you can still see them if you look for them.

1 month after 2 sessions I think this is absolutely the best I could have hoped for before treatment so I'm well chuffed!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is absolutely brilliant.

@HBK: you said some mates called you out on this hairline? What age group are you in?

I'm in my mid-20's and this is exactly the look I'm going for.

This is absolutely brilliant.

@HBK: you said some mates called you out on this hairline? What age group are you in?

I'm in my mid-20's and this is exactly the look I'm going for.

Alright pal,

Yeah I got called out a couple of times now unfortunately. I'm early 30's. The pics don't show up in the quoted post but going by the date I'm pretty sure I'd only had 2 sessions then. I'd had 4 by the time I got called out.