cakelover

Took The plunge today with Paul C :)

SO...... I had my First session at the Birm Clinic today with #### Clarke and it went really well. It was nice to get to see the new building which is a nice stylish place and was welcomed by a lovely young girl on reception who was really friendly and chatty which passed the time and settled my nerves while I waited to meet #### and get on with things (My nerves and anxiety really didnt kick in until half way through my hours journey to the clinic... where my arse really started to go and the realization really kicked in lol)

I spent half an hour with ####, going back and forth on the hairline and sides and I think I was a little more conservative on how the low to bring the hairline and how forward to bring the sides than maybe #### would have liked and I could tell he would have happily brought it slightly more forward (Looking at it now I would have to agree with him but I wanted the more is less approach for my first treatment). Density wise I asked to start along the lines of our forum leader Damien as I found the light approach he has would suit my existing hair. 

I had 36 on the front of my hairline blending into a 34 a little further back, which #### and the other practitioner were pleased with and my skin took the colour very well and there is some nice coverage for a first session.

I also asked #### to design a nice little "flick" scar near the front of the hairline which he was quite excited about and seem to enjoy doing... It wasnt a case of "Im just going to stick it in here". #### really took his time on deciding which side it would look best,...The sizing and how far back to place it (Trust me when I tell you this guy loves what he does and his eye for detail is spot on).

I asked #### if he got bored just sticking dots in peoples head day in day out and his passionate answer of " Its about how I can Improve peoples lives and how every head and shape and result is a different canvas for him" This dude really does love what he does and he goes about it in such a professional and detailed manner that you cant help but trust and admire him.

The pain was ok.... As many said different areas hurt more than others... for me it was the temples and the top central part of the head that really took it out of me but all in all it is bearable.

The Result.

In all honesty when we had finished and we looked in the mirror, It was a really weird feeling... Its hard to describe,,, some and most probably feel over joyed and ecstatic but I felt happy with the density and the awesome feathered and jagged hairline but being a complete slaphead for the last 10 years it was a weird feeling to see myself that way and one of apprehension and nervousness.... I think the overall redness and darkness does give it a very defined and helmet appearance immediately after..... but now I am home and the initial redness has died down and in my own natural surroundings all i can say is..... IM ASOLUTELY OVER THE MOON!!

My family were amazed and really calmed my nerves with there honest responses and opinions. I can see that once it has started fading down to my natural colour it really is going to give me a whole different/Improved appearance. The hairline does need to come down a few mil and now the sides have been brought forward I can see there is even more room to extend that and add a slight point to shape my face more.... This really is something you can't decide until your first treatment is down and settled and then you can judge it so much more easily in preparation for your second session.

I will be adding pics along the way and any advice would be welcomes or I will happily answer any questions....Sorry its a bit short and sweet but its been a long day and Im knackered now and my heads banging lol. 

All I can say is Thanks so much HIS and I look forward to my finished result as I know its going to be killer :)

These were taken 20 Hours after my fist treatment. The redness has subsided quite a lot and the dots are fading down slightly now ...... They are still very dark which I think isn't quite matching my skintone just yet and making the hairline look a bit to defined and in your face.

I would love some feedback guys as right now I'm not 100% happy with the hairline shape and height...Also I feel the sides need some more work.... Its just so hard deciding the best route to go.

The density and colour tone on the top is amazing and my family just can't compliment it enough..... They never imagined it to be this good. My mum put her glasses on and went right up close to my head and said its just undetectable she can't see how anybody could ever tell.....Also the little baby hairs on the top of my head make it feel even more real, as it feels like thick stubble on top, which just adds to the whole illusion and makes it even more undetectable.

As Ive said I am happy so far, I'm just pondering my hairline shape..... I would like to go for more of a widows peak point finish and widen the hairline to make my head look less eggy, as I dont think the current round shape suits me.

Just to add on the close up picture you can just about make out the slight scar #### has included... Its not very noticeable right now but will stand out more once the 2nd session is complete.

post-159585-0-55547700-1385474469_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-43489200-1385474476_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-96333000-1385474486_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-34762600-1385474497_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-04054700-1385474507_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-84939800-1385474528_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-77694000-1385474538_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-25157300-1385474556_thumb.jpg

Bloody hell, are you Damien in disguise? :D

Looking good so far, I do think that there is scope to lower your hairline provided your frownlines don't stop you from doing so.

You look one million times better! You could add a little to the sides but trust me when I say that (in my opinion) that less is more when it comes to side profiles as I learnt to my own cost. ;)

Thanks Robbie mate :) What issue's did you have with your sides then Robbie? (I did read your diary a while back but can't remember that part).Yeah to be honest there is at least another centimeter to play with on the hairline and the sides ( According to PC). My old hairline marks are still very prominent and we could have followed that but I wanted to air on the side of caution..... something I'm regretting a little now!!

I definitely think I need to lower the front hairline and peak it into more of a point to to try and square my head off a bit more as at the moment it is a bit to egg shaped and doesn't really shape off my face as much as it could.

Following your original scalp lines is the best guide you can possibly have. I agree that your mock up shape looks good but I wouldn't go as far as saying that your existing shape doesn't suit you. Some of the widow's peaks on here have been really good.

Regarding my own treatment, I had a small laser session just to knock a small area off my side profiles. Although I had many nice comments on here I felt that they were too angular and forward and the temporal point was a little high, by having a 30 second laser session it has lowered the height of the peak, taken away some larger dots and made my treatment look a little more natural and age related. I also had the benefit of getting a small hairline scar added (which I wasn't aware of when I started my treatments) and to me that was worth the cost of the laser session alone :D

Awesome mate.... Just tracking through your post now to kill some time while I'm sitting around the house. I do think scars bring a nice natural look into the hairline and takes the eye away from the definition of the front somewhat.

I am probably jumping the gun a little bit and the more I look at it and the more it fades the more I like what I see..... I just need to live with it for a week and let it fade down and discuss with #### next week I think..... I think Im going to ask him to start bringing it down gradually a few millimeters at a time and then keep looking as we go along..... As you said in your diary,,,, its can be quite frustration judging it with just the white pencil, especially on the first session!!

1-2?? Really lol? That sounds a lot but It will probably make one hell of a difference to my face shape.... Its really different looking at it in the mirror than photo's. Going by the photo's there is still a hell of a lot of room to come forward!!

I probably already know the answer to this ...I know I'm only one day in but how long is it until the dark dots die down to reveal more of the lighter colour to match my sides? Do they drop off like the little scabs I've read about or do they just gradually fade down?

Is it normal for it to be a little helmet/defined like straight after? I know I know I'm just going through the Initial apprehension and need a bit of a booster from the guys that have already been through all of this!!

Some notice the scabs coming off, some don't. I rarely noticed mine. I recall #### scrubbing my head with a wet wipe before session 2 to remove lots of mine so he could see what he was working with.

You don't want them off prematurely. I'm sure they'll start coming off after your 4th day shower and shave. It will certainly then begin to look less defined and I'm sure your worries will ease as it lightens and softens.

I think you can afford to come down a bit at the front. This will have the added benefit of a "softer" hairline and therefore more realistic for a white dude. You could come in a bit at the profiles as well, but just make sure they aren't too sharp as these tend to look fake IMO.

All in all a great job, nice pigments and the blending will be awesome when it's all done. ;)

Thanks a lot fellas...... Just having a bit of the first day jitters and anxiety I think!! I have been fully aware of the process for years and that its easily a month from your first session before you start to see any kind of finished results.... So much harder to tell yourself that when its your head though lol.

Anyway Day 2 and things are looking much better :)

The redness and darkness has started to subside and the feathering effect on the hairline is really starting to soften up now. The black dots are settling down and its looking less and less defined and softer by the hour :) :) :) so I'm starting to understand where its heading now and getting some great ideas on where to adjust things and how far to come forward.....

I was getting so confident with it today I had a quick walk into the garage at break time for a sandwich and thought sod it I'm going to trial run this badboy (Even with it being such early days and having what feels like a shag pile rug around the sides) so I strolled in and took my hat off and nobody battered an eyelid...... Even the young girl who serves me everyday didn't give it a second glance.

I did have a little stress out earlier, as I'm wearing a beany hat to work and today of all days it was quite mild weather wise and I had to do some manual labour which made me slightly sweat under the hat..... The more I sweat the more stressed I got and just sweated even bloody more but couldn't do anything about it as I has 3-4 work colleagues with me and just had to get it done quick as poss...... I think I will mention it to #### but hopefully it hasn't had to much of a negative effect on the ink.

Just want to say a big thanks to Robbie as his advice and diary has been a big help the last couple of days..... Plus I will get some more pics up on Friday when I can shave it down and moisturize.

5 Days post First Treatment

So I shaved last night and everything seems to be healing nicely and I didn't experience that much irritation or itchiness to be honest, which was very nice lol. 

There has been a lot of fading and it has left the top looking very sparse....but this is something I was expecting as #### explained he is going to do more spacing with the dots on my head than he normally would for the first session to get an idea of how light to go with the density as I wanted to go with a lighter thinner look on the top ( more like Damien's lighter effect)

So far I haven't noticed any scabs or pigment heads falling off and the dots are still quite large at the moment....Maybe I have one of those heads that needs more time to shrink as my scalp is in very good condition from years of moisturizing, so it may just be a case of holding the colour much better.

I am very happy with the progress so far and I can really start to see where this road is going to end and it is going to look so real and natural. I am going to lower my hairline and give it more of a pointed look than a rounded look in the second and bring my sides more forward. From front view the hairline is still a little too sharp for me so I am going to ask #### to add another little scar into the hairline and really work on jagging it up much more.

I have been doing a little shopping this morning and was trying a couple of jumpers on in NEXT where they have "Them" mirrors.... you know the ones.... They are placed in each corner of the changing room and show your head at every disgusting angle lol.... I hate them usually.... so obviously as soon as I went in I started checking out my head...and all I can say is WOW what a major difference lol my head actually looked like a normal persons head and not some weirdo looking alien dome haha......I felt like a fucking model I swear.

This week I feel like something has awoken inside me... My family have told me I look like the little cheeky chappy I used to be and I find myself just being happier around people and just having general chit chat with people in shops or while at work.... something I think my confidence stopped me from doing in the past and actually made me a self conscious misery guts!!

Anyway I will stop rabbling on and here are some pics from this morning with about a days growth from an R91 shave!! Please be aware it does look very light in some pictures but this is only the first treatment!!

post-159585-0-53808800-1385820256_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-86663700-1385820264_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-83563400-1385820281_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-33502400-1385820322_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-58032700-1385820340_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-22824000-1385820353_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-03803800-1385820367_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-54630700-1385820378_thumb.jpg

post-159585-0-58998200-1385820404_thumb.jpg

MY alien Dome before..... This was taken over 3 years ago....... It actually depresses me that I have hardly any photos of myself ...especially with my kids..... I think I'm going to be making up for a lot of lost time now.

post-159585-0-75807800-1385820941_thumb.jpg