Sign in to follow this  
baldboy

fluorescent lights

I read a post on this forum regarding fluorescent lights where the gentleman said that his head looked as if it had shoe polish on it under these lights. Could anybody else shed some, non fluorescent, ligh on this please

Yep I recall that and still stand by it. I have seen numerous people on tv under bright lighting with naturally shaved heads though since that have the same 'oiled' look. It still didn't stop me changing the ceiling light in my office from a 5' fluorescent tube to something more 'homely' though. It was my brother in law who made the comment to me. That is the ONLY negative comment I've had in 10 months.

Sorry, I just replied to the same question you sent by pm.

If you watch Breaking Bad then you will see how Walt's (naturally) shaved head looks completely different all dependant upon the prevailing lighting conditions.

I do try to avoid harsh lighting. But every bloody shop or business has them LOL

But to be fair as Robby says. Even natural shaved heads reflect light, perhaps not exactly the same but not a great deal difference. End of day, this is better than having a scalp coloured of skin. It frames your face and no doubt makes your appearance more youthful. This in itself is enough for me to be happier in life, compared to looking at pictures of a bald head and I looked ill and un-healthy (Feck shine in some senses)

I wet shave everyday and have full hair on top with bad receding hairline. Head shines like hell under bright lights and follicles are barely visible, and under some lights not visible at all.

If I get a chance today i will upload a picture under heavy duty fluorescent lights.

LoL…..    in a few years smp businesses including HIS will be able to achieve that level of realism or at least really close to it. 

PS  purpose of the pics was to show how follicles disappear under bright lights and that people shouldn't freak out when they can't see the dots under bright lights, thats when they make the mistake? (in many cases) of getting ultra dark black ink and end up with helmets. I would not go any lower than #36 on my skin tone, and a #40 minimum on the sides even though Im not sure how exactly a #40 looks,  just guessing.