Sign in to follow this  
huvud87

Clear NW6 planning to have MHT, how to explain "full head of hair" after the treatment?

Hi! Going to have my MHT pretty soon, one question that I have thou, is how do I explain that I all of the sudden I have a "full head of hair" after the MHT?

I'm a clear NW6, so I'm thinking telling about the treatment is my only option?

Or make up some shit about that I have underwent a hair cloning procedure, but the downside is that the hair follicles dont grow out=)?!

I wouldnt make up some shit, I would simply give the truth but without all the details.  If someone asked, you might say, "Yeah, for years I was losing hair and finally decided to do something about it.  Received some excellent treatments from a clinic I was able work with, and they have helped me to regain a better appearance. "   I would not go into all the details or drag on.  That way you have spoken the truth, allayed their suspicions by not producing an obviously bullshit excuse but also left them wondering how you achieved such a significant change in your appearance.  Beyond that, you do not owe them any more details unless they are your spouse or children.

I'm going to offer some slightly different advice from other responses you're going to get on here.

But seriously consider it...

Tell them you have had your pubes transplanted onto your head by a pioneering surgeon called Dr Crabs,

Stay with me...

Sarcasm has killed many cynics. In other words... don't explain it. Don't explain yourself.

Anything you lie about... people are going to be cynical and know it's probably bullshit anyway. You don't owe

anyone an explanation. You come into the world alone, you die alone. In between, you had a tattoo put on your head.

Its a tough one. One possibility that I know a few guys have used is to say they've been trialling a new drug on behalf of a major pharma. Thousands of people take part in drug trials, so its a plausible story

Thanks for all of the responses! I have no idea which is the best; Dr crabs;), rogaine, truth without details,truth or drug trial?!

I'm in the middle of college at the moment, so there will be a lot of comments I know that.

Truth without details seems like a good option, but there is going to be a lot pressuring comments like: "Why wont you tell?", "Thats must be one hell of a miracle treatment" etc.

Drug trial option/Regaine: Really effective drug to grow that much hair in 3 weeks;D

Think my best option is to say something like this? :

"Yeah I have a had a treatment, to fix my hair"

Reply from others: "Ok what is it, why dont you grow your hair out?"

"Its a miracle solution so I dont want everybody to know(with a mysterious smile)", "The fixed hair wont look good in the beginning when grown out, so I like this style for now"

Just say your the lucky 1% rogain actually worked on lol

Rogaine works on most men, most just have an unrealistic expectation of it giving back a full head of hair or try it for 3 months complain its not done anything and pack in, you'll notice that with most hair loss treatments, the guys complaining will have been using it 4 weeks and expect to see a massive change, the change is gradual and one point of hair loss treatment alone wont give significant hair growth, several areas of hair-loss must be stimulated for best results.

On the topic honestly, I'm not a fan of making extravagant lies up to cover your tracks will just annoy you in the long run, people will ask and ask and without a good response they'll never believe you, if your claiming you gained significant hair back from a treatment, topical or a clinical study (which would seem rather far fetched) they'll pester you and tell you that you should grow it out, i'd either be honest or you could try saying you have Alopecia of some kind that's improved significantly after you tried a new treatment, technically you do have alopecia (the mpb kind) and you did have a new treatment, so technically your not lying, misdirection if you will.

Why not have a voting about this:)?

Option 1: Telling the truth that it is a "tattoo"

Option 2: Telling that I have had a treatment, but not saying what treatment

Option 3: Telling that I have had a treatment, had sucess through for example rogaine, hair cloning, drug trial (if option 3 specify what treatment I schould name)

The honest truth is the people you don't know will never notice and the people you do know probably won't notice either.  It's one of the most shocking things about this procedure.  I have been a norwood 6/7 for 20 years and have shaved my head that entire time.  Since the procedure my sister, step mother, aunt, uncle, cousins, etc have all seen me and haven't noticed anything.  If you read this forum you will find that this is not uncommon at all.  I never believed this part of it until it happened to me.

It is so natural they can't put their finger on what the change is.  My aunt asked me if I was growing my hair out while my step mother asked me if I had lost weight.  The rest of my family hasn't noticed anything and my uncle is a barber.   I can assure you it wasn't that they noticed and were just being polite.   If that were to happen it would be obvious and I can tell you first hand this isn't the case.  They simply either don't notice or can't put their finger on the change.

There has only been one person who I could tell clearly noticed and it's a guy I work with.  He started talking to me and then I noticed his eyes dart up to my head and then back down several times.  He even stepped to the side to get a better look.  I was laughing hysterically inside because I know how natural it looks and it seemed like the guy was having a hard time believing his eyes.  I never said a word and he didn't either but he knew something had changed.  

In the end you will be confronted with this dilemma far less than you think you will.

The people you don't know will NEVER notice and the one's you do know

Gungli: haha..yes I have a hard time believing that people wont notice. I have a few friends who say that I look like karl pilkington and all different bald guys, have a hard time believing they wont notice. How old are you and your friends? I'm only 26 and people are pretty shallow in this age, especially in college. So I dont think I will be as lucky as you.

Why not have a voting about this:)?

Option 1: Telling the truth that it is a "tattoo"

Option 2: Telling that I have had a treatment, but not saying what treatment

Option 3: Telling that I have had a treatment, had sucess through for example rogaine, hair cloning, drug trial (if option 3 specify what treatment I schould name)

SMP just turned into the XFactor.

I would pick option 1 but I don't have a BT Landline.

I'm 43 and have heard bald jokes my whole life.  Keep in mind I've been bald almost as long as you've been alive and NOBODY noticed.  I struggled through all the same crap in my 20's that you're going through now and everyone close to me knew it bothered me.  Trust me when I say you are going to be shocked and quite frankly might even be a bit disappointed at how few people notice.  Read through some of these threads and you'll see that what I'm telling you is not that uncommon regardless of age.

As far as shallow goes that has nothing to do with it.  Humans have a natural tendency to almost instantaneously detect irregularities in other people.  Whether it's a lazy eye, skin discoloration, hairlip, etc....  people will pick up on that immediately. Think of how many times you have looked at somebody and how fast you were able to detect if something just isn't right.  It must be some type of evolutionary adaptation.  Anyway, I believe this is the reason people close to you are unable to recognize the treatment.  It's an optical illusion.  They're seeing something so natural it doesn't trigger any red flags.  The only thing that registers is that you look better somehow but they just can't pinpoint what is is that has changed.  That's not to say that nobody will notice but you will be very surprised at how few people you're going to have to explain this to.

or............. like me go into work and not have to explain anything because not a single person notices.

Honestly, if you already had a lot of hair to start with, I reckon this is a much more common scenario than it is given credit for

If you have a buzz cut/3-4 days growth hair people will know something's up from a mile away. With wet shave the change is more subtle and people would be scratching their heads wondering what s going on.

Baldspot suggestion is actually pretty good  lol

-What did you do to your head, why do you have hair?

-What

-What did you do?

-Nothing, what do you mean?

-Never mind, bye

Getting a conservative hairline also helps I believe

Huvu87 are you currently shaving your head everyday??? 

As far as shallow goes that has nothing to do with it.  Humans have a natural tendency to almost instantaneously detect irregularities in other people.  Whether it's a lazy eye, skin discoloration, hairlip, etc....  people will pick up on that immediately. 

This is exactly it. Just like the "mole" in Austin Powers... sometimes it's the focal point. Sometimes when I see other bald dudes, I assess if they're actually balding or if they're shaving. Or if someone has a gap in their front teeth. Or grossly overweight. But if I don't really see a huge glaring physical flaw, it allows me to focus back in on what they're saying. Sure, it sounds shallow, but I can't help it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

It's human nature. People notice things. The thing I'm excited about the most is that SMP will help people focus on what I'm saying, rather than the fact that I'm balding at such a young age. I'm done with people feeling "sorry" for me.

If you have a buzz cut/3-4 days growth hair people will know something's up from a mile away. With wet shave the change is more subtle and people would be scratching their heads wondering what s going on.

Baldspot suggestion is actually pretty good  lol

-What did you do to your head, why do you have hair?

-What

-What did you do?

-Nothing, what do you mean?

-Never mind, bye

Getting a conservative hairline also helps I believe

Huvu87 are you currently shaving your head everyday??? 

Not shave shave, but I buzz my hair to 1-2 mm about every third day.

You can see my baldness im my other thread "To light for MHT?"

Gunglichin, I like the way you write and use words.  Just as an additive to what some of you guys have mentioned, the reason the human visual system is so attuned to imperfections is that it is important to survival and mating (and hence natural selection).  The human visual system usually sums up whether someone is a friend or foe in 3.1 seconds.  It also determines initially whether someone is sick or healthy within ~ 9 seconds and whether someone is attractive or ugly within ~3 to 15 seconds. (that is equivalent to a very fast fourier transform in real time - so never let anyone tell you that you cannot do well at mathematics) The same is true of all animal species whose primary sensory system is visual,especially primates and the great apes.

As already said. I think you will be shocked that most people dont pick up on it. Sometimes you will thinking why has no one said anything. I must admit, I do get a lot of people looking at my head, but I believe this is more due to the fact its a short style and draws attention from this as opposed to having SMP itself