damien

Information About Removal Of Smp By Laser

It's Harley Street in London. There certainly were cars parked in the street but I'd guess you'd need some sort of permit to park there and also have to pay Congestion Charge??? Certainly no car park facility for patrons.

I went via train and got a short taxi from Paddington station. I think it was approx 2 miles/ £11.

Any transplanted hair will be killed off as its weaker

That is a possibility, yes.

To answer the car parking question, there is an underground QPark just around the corner from Harley Street, but be warned it costs about £20 for a few hours parking. I met a mate in London recently and used that car park. I had a Porsche 911 on one side of me and a Ferrari 458 Italia on the other side. Made my Audi A4 look like a peasant wagon :)

Hi -

I have a question around post laser treatment....How long shoudl you wait after you have a laser proceedure done to re-apply the SMP? I had laser done 10 days ago for a scar that came out too dark and am axoious to get it redone....it has healed, but I understand that with a normal tattoo you should wait 4-6 weeks before you get another treatment. My SMP is gone after the first treatment and I dont need a second laser treatment...I just want to get the SMP started again. Can I do it now?

Hi, 

I am quite decided to have a laser session but before i do I have some questions. 

Is it possible to just fade an area without the SMP completely disappearing? Is this a controllable outcome? By that I mean, is there only one laser setting which is applied in all cases to which people respond differently in terms of fading or disappearance, or depending on the desired outcome different laser settings are employed.

I ask this because, I intend to achieve a more broken and receded look, which from reading above is very much possible, but, with this slightly receded look, I feel a softer treatment than what I have now, would look immensely more natural. Also I have some areas which are stubbornly dark in the blending area of the sides, which I'd like softened but obviously not completely removed. 

Could anyone also tell me of the approximate cost of the things I have outlined above? 

Thank you.

I am also interested in knowing the answer to the question above. I read earlier that the treatment can be blurred say 10-20% or 20-40% lightening the SMP rather than completely clearing it. In an earlier answer Katrina noted the type of laser and setting for the laser to be used at for getting rid of SMP. What settings would be needed for the 10-20% fade or even 20-40% fade. Thanks

Just thought I'd provide an update. I had my hairline raised to look more natural about 2 years after my SMP treatment. I went to a typical laser tat/hair removal clinic. I explained to them what SMP is and how it shouldn't be a problem for them. One laser clinic turned me down b/c they didn't like the idea of removing a tat on the head. They were clearly not justified in this fear b/c the laser clinic I ended up using did it without a problem and they had never heard of SMP either. It ended up being the easiest tat they've ever removed.

I don't know exactly what laser they used, but the technician did say it was 1064 wavelength. Before my session, I had purchased a white kohl charcoal pencil from Amazon so I could drew my desirable hairline 5 minutes before the laser appt (wore a hat to the appt to cover the white line).

During the session, the technician was amazed at how fast the ink was disappearing. I thought "yeah but it does that for all tats, right? Disappears for a minute and then comes back only to slowly fade away over the course of several weeks." But it turns out, I never saw my old hairline again. It actually never came back. All I really needed was just one session (more on this later). It was crazy how fast it disappeared. Oh and it didn't hurt at all. Barley a sting. 

My only complaint is the red "line" around the head after the laser session. It burns your skin just enough to be red (no blistering). If you have to go to work the next day, it would be noticeable to coworkers. Fearing that, I took off for 3 days after my session. My forehead was still red on the 4th day but it wasn't oddly red and didn't standout at all.

Another big issue worth mentioning is the fact that the ink around your treated area seems to gather together after your session, so you end up with a slightly denser/darker "line" at the very edge of your newly raised hairline.  However, I ended up liking the results of my raised hairline so much, that I went back to get it raised a little more (although it wasn't necessary).  On this trip, I asked the laser technician to not let her laser run too much over the white charcoal line. My reasoning behind this was that maybe having the laser run onto the white charcoal was somehow acting as a magnet, pulling ink towards the hairline, but unfortunately it just rests in its new spot instead of getting obliterated by the laser (since it's protected under the white charcoal). I tried my best to articulate this theory to the laser technician and she seemed to understand and complied with my request. Sure enough, this seemed to make a big difference after my second laser session. Instead of freely running the laser onto the white charcoal, she tried to keep it to the very edge of it and not go over. The result was a much softer hairline with no dark "line" behind the hairline. 

One final thing, when you're drawing your own line (recommended), make it loosely jagged. Don't draw a perfectly straight new hairline.  It's crazy how imprecise you can get with it and still have it look natural. f you do this jagged enough, you may be able to avoid a trip to HHC for a softening touchup. I tried to do this on my second trip to the laser (b/c the first trip, I drew pretty much a straight line), but I still didn't let loose enough and it still ended up being a little too perfect. Seriously, let loose. To resolve this, I plan on going to HHC for a softening session.

That's about it. Just thought I'd share. If you're considering laser removal for the purpose of raising your hairline, I highly recommend it. Oh and as far as the cost goes, I live in the midwest USA and every laser place I called quoted me between $200 - $350 per session. My technician charged me $250.  Again, not a bad price b/c you can probably get away with only one session.

Hope this helps.

Great detailed feedback Craig. Thanks for that.  Good to see independent verification of a couple of the benefits of HIS Hair pigments, the absence of metals means they do not reach the same temperature as tattooists ink when being removed...so it is a far more comfortable experience with no danger of scarring.

The other benefit is the shallow depth at which the pigment is inserted... which, as you and the therapist discovered, helps the laser technician do their work by making removal quick and easy.

Thanks again

Ed

Hi guys,

Just wondering...

- How long after having hairline adjusted did it take for redness to subside?

- How much darker did the ink get before disappearing, and how long did this darkness last? I don't want to be walking around with a light treatment on top and then a suspiciously black hairline!

- How long did it take in total to disappear?

Realise answers will be different for everyone but a general idea would be good.

Thanks

Hi Dirmt,

Abit of background. I've had my SMP for over 6 years and I fancied a more softer hair line and side profiles. I also had some other areas of my head lightened and I've had 3 removal sessions from the laser clinic in London, so I've got a pretty good idea on what to expect. I'm asian, so the answers below might not be the same for every skin type, but, hopefully they should give you some idea on what to expect.

- How long after having hairline adjusted did it take for redness to subside?

Answer: For me this took around 24 hours. What I suggest is using an ice pack straight after your treatment, this will significantly reduce your redness and within 24 hours the redness should have completely subsided.

- How much darker did the ink get before disappearing, and how long did this darkness last and How long did it take in total to disappear? I don't want to be walking around with a light treatment on top and then a suspiciously black hairline!

Answers: The darkness, for me, lasted around 2 weeks. But what I noticed was, the hairline looks it's darkest in the first couple of days but starts to lessen pretty quickly. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being jet black) how dark was the hairline compared to the rest of the head, I'd say around a 5. Again, using the ice pack straight after your treatment will not only help with the redness but what I've noticed is it also reduces the overall time the darkness lasts. When I first got the treatment done I didn't use an ice pack and the redness lasted a lot longer (around 36 hours) and the darkness lasted around 3 weeks. The laser removal team will have ice packs ready just ask for them straight after your treatment.

Extras:

You can cover the darkness with abit of your missus' foundation/concealer. Did the job for me.

The pain out of 10 I would say is around a 6.

Make sure you have an idea of how you want your hairline to look after the removal session so practice with a makeup pencil before coming to the clinic.

Different settings allow for different results. From parts of the hairline being slightly softened to totally removed. Make sure you explain to the practitioner exactly what you want.

Previously I had a very sharp hairline and side profiles and now I have a significantly softer overall look, exactly how I wanted it. The guys at the laser clinic are fantastic and will listen to all your needs and concerns. I can not fault the service one bit.

Like I said, I'm asian and have olive skin. So the answers above may not be 100% what you experience but should give you some idea on what to expect. Also being asian meant I needed an extra session. The lighter the skin the less the sessions and possibly less darkness.

Hi Katrina,

How much would I be looking at to get rid of my MHT? I've attached 2 photos. One of them covered with moisturiser lol - this would be the part I want lasered off. The second photo shows the current density.

I've been on the fence with a touch up or getting it removed for the past few months! I have very pale skin and my last session was over 2 years ago and it has faded a little. Do you think I'm likely to be able to get rid off it in one session?

Thanks.

post-159516-0-62061800-1445787889_thumb.jpg

post-159516-0-11151800-1445787929_thumb.jpg

Thanks Dodgybarnet!

I'm on the fence with it still. It would be nice just to be done with it, not having to worry about touch ups or people gazing at my head, not having to worry about the sun fading it or having to wet shave everything morning

I was just receeding in the corners when I had it done, but now I'm completely bald  on top, and the hair i do have left is extremely thick lol.

I'm much more confident now and hairloss does not bother me as much. I was actually booked in for a touch up a few months ago with (practitioner named, deleted), but I was really ill the morning off and cancelled last minute!

Hairloss has been a big part of my life since I was 18  it would just be nice to get it lazered off and not having to worry about anything at all! 

I'm going to think about it for another few months,