Craig

Darkest Color On Caucasian Skin?

I'm one week removed from my second session and although I'm excited about the final result, I'm certain the dots are too blueish.  My practitioner used color #s 22 and 20.  Any white guys on here that have gone darker than that?  I want my SMP dots to appear black, not blue.  Heading into my third treatment, I'm worried the blue base coat is already too dense and adding anymore dots could result in the blob look.

From the time I've spent on the forums I think 26 or 28.shade 20 is pretty dark unless you have thick jet black hair and dark eyebrows. Any darker and I think you run the risk of it looking unnatural but that's just my opinion from my time I have spent of these forums.Best of luck. 

oh and the reason why you may be seeing blue is during SMP you can experience bruising from the needle but it will eventually go away

I'm one week removed from my second session and although I'm excited about the final result, I'm certain the dots are too blueish.  My practitioner used color #s 22 and 20.  Any white guys on here that have gone darker than that?  I want my SMP dots to appear black, not blue.  Heading into my third treatment, I'm worried the blue base coat is already too dense and adding anymore dots could result in the blob look.

Troy is correct. What you are seeing is an illusion created by bruising. Happens all the time so dont worry, it will go away given a little time.

All pigments used by HIS are dilutes of pure black pigment. This pigment is not made of constituent colours, therefore it is physically impossible for it to turn blue, green, or any other colour other than a shade on the black/grey spectrum.

Thanks Damien and Troy.  That cushions my concern for the time being and I'll just wait a few more weeks and see how it develops.  I sincerely believe HIS when they say only shades of pure black pigment are used, but I was worried that maybe the layer of pink skin over the pigment gives the appearance of blue.  I really do hope the "blue" is attributed to micro-bruising and not some permanent affect due to collagen or skin. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Damien and Troy.  That cushions my concern for the time being and I'll just wait a few more weeks and see how it develops.  I sincerely believe HIS when they say only shades of pure black pigment are used, but I was worried that maybe the layer of pink skin over the pigment gives the appearance of blue.  I really do hope the "blue" is attributed to micro-bruising and not some permanent affect due to collagen or skin. Keeping my fingers crossed.

You'll be fine. I had the same issue to a lesser extent after my third session, and I still do very slightly around my hairline. Its very common and always resolves itself as the bruising subsides.