Alec Baldwin

From Alec Baldwin to Alec Hairwin...

Alright boys, I've been posting on here awhile and wanted to share my story because the stories on here inspired me, reassured me, and ultimately convinced me to go through with the procedure. Very thankful for the participation and contribution of each and every one of you from Damien to Hating Hats to Cheeky Chops to John to HeGone to BearsBlow and and all the rest of you bald brothers with odd names who were brave enough to bare your souls on this forum.

I started going thin around age 24. I grew my hair long in an attempt to cover the thinning spots with my curls but when a girl made a comment that I was going bald I knew I wasn't fooling anyone and shaved it all off. I wet shaved for years- once in the morning and once before going out in the evening in an attempt to keep the dreaded shadow away lest everyone be able to see that I wasn't shaving my head for fashion reasons and that I really had the hairline of an old man at the age of 25.

I do know I fooled some people as many girls asked why I didn't grow my hair out (thinking there was no way a young guy like myself might really be going bald) but I'm sure the majority of the people knew as my shadow towards the end of the day was a dead give away. I basically wore a hat whenever I could, and if I met a woman while wearing a hat, I always wore a hat around her for the first three or four dates just in case she learned I was bald and ran away. As if my bald head was a dirty secret like syphilis or something. What can I say- I didn't like the way it looked. It made me less confident. Outwardly I acted like I didn't care, but inside I did. I even didn't go home with women at times because I was afraid we'd wake up in the morning and she'd see my hair ring had grown in overnight and she'd be disgusted. I know a lot of that was in my (bald) head, but that's how I felt.

I considered waxing my head in an attempt to get rid of the shadow, but I heard it was painful and on the off-chance a cure for baldness was discovered, I didn't want to trash my remaining hair. I even thought about tattooing a shadow, but I saw a guy at the gym who got a scalp tattoo and it looked like an ink helmet so I forgot about it.

One day I was on google looking up skin pigment as regards vitiligo and as I typed 'scalp pigmentation' popped up. I followed the link and stumbled on the HIS site. I was at once fascinated and very very skeptical- I mean, a tattoo on your head? Yeah right! That's stupid- that will never work. What desperate s.o.b. gets a head tattoo? Man up! Be a man, shit happens, be happy with yourself as you are. You shouldn't care what other people think about you... but what would it hurt to read more about it? So I read about it and thought it must be a scam. I watched a youtube video, then another, the another... I must have stayed up until 5am watching every last video. It was unbelievable. The treatment looked so great. These guys had to be paid actors... the lighting had to be staged. Were they wearing make-up? Then I saw teh one with the twins where one got the treatment, then the other followed suit. I figured there was no way the twin would have gotten it done if the treatment on his brother looked bad, right?

At that point I attacked the forum the same way I attacked the videos- reading and analyzing every MHT diary on here. Many guys had stories just like mine- they had gone through what I had gone through regarding hair loss...The good comments, the few bad, it struck me as an honest place where every voice was heard and left up here for the public to decide... It felt like a company with nothing to hide. The posts of a mad genius named Hating Hats were super informative- this guy had done his research and answered a lot of my questions. For about a week, I found myself at work spending more time on the HIS forum & looking at case study pics than doing my job.

One night I used a marker to put hundreds of dots on my head just to see what it might look like and took a picture with my cell phone. The next few days I must have looked at that picture a hundred times- I couldn't get enough- as crude as the pic was, I felt I finally looked like I was supposed to look- like I looked before my hair retired on me at 24.

I booked a consultation- what could it hurt, right? Everybody was nice and normal and there was zero point zero sales pressure. They presented the information, answered my questions and were basically 'here's what we do, take it or leave it'. I was surprised and it made me feel at ease. I got home and messaged a forum poster in my area. He called me right away and said HIS was the best decision he ever made. He showed me some of his pics. He was a normal guy. Not desperate, not crazy. He was empathetic and basically told me to go for it. After that I thought I'd schedule a treatment in the new year... but then I started not doing things using the excuse - I'll just do it after my treatment. I mean, why start dating that woman I met now? Why not wait until I have 'hair'? At that point I booked my treatment as soon as they had an opening- why wait to start my new life? I wanted to start it right away...

Here's how I looked before... 

post--136206126933_thumb.jpg

Just kidding. Here's how I really looked...

By the way I always prefer the guys brave enough to put their whole face on here instead of blurring it out because I think it gives a better reflection of how the treatment looks, so I vowed not to hide my face. I took my pics just after I got ready for work... unfortunately my job is bank robber.

post--136206126943_thumb.jpg

post--136206126946_thumb.jpg

post--136206126949_thumb.jpg

So my first treatment was with Zang. He was the best. Great guy. Listened to my kind of music, good convo- the kind of guy I'd hang out with for a couple hours having a beer or watching a ball game. Super professional as well- knows his stuff, really diligent and a real artist. Cares about his work, treated my head like it was his own. Took his time, backed up frequently to get a more careful look to make sure he was on the right track. I've seen painters paint and they do the same thing with the canvas while creating a masterpiece- you could tell he was putting his all into it. I couldn't be happier with his performance and how he went about his business.

As far as what I wanted, I figured he was a pro who did this for a living so I let him pretty much decide what to do. I wanted a soft hairline, but as far as color, temples or not, and placement of hairline I trusted his judgement. At first I thought my hairline was too high, but he explained how he didn't want to place it too low so that it was too close to your forehead frown lines because it would look unnatural, and he was right. It had been so long since I had a hairline, I went home and looked at some old pics and realized that's pretty much exactly where my hairline used to be.

As far as the pain, the hairline was the only part for me that was super painful. It felt like wasps were stinging the shit out of me. It made my nose run and I sneezed a couple times. And a little pee came out into my underpants but other than that... just kidding about the pee. But other than the hairline it wasn't bad at all. And overall it was definitely bearable and I sucked it up and no big deal. The session lasted about 2 hours and we only took I think 2 ten minute breaks.

It was red for a couple days, then it died down. I clipped my hair on day 4 and went out that night without a hat... and nobody said a word about it. Went to a bar and met some ladies and was as confident as ever. Went to the gym the next day- under really harsh lights, and again, smooth sailing.

Treatment two was pretty much the same. Again I lucked out and got my man Zang and it was like reuniting with a good buddy. He did his thing- two hours. He lowered the hairline slightly and added density. I waited 5 days this time to R91 my hair and 7 days to wash it (as per Cheeky's advice).

As far as anyone noticing, so far nothing. I'm talking guys who have known me since I was 18 years old with a full head of hair to my balding days to my shaving head days- nothing. The first comment I got regarding my hair was tonight a friend who is N7 said "Look at you with your clean (or nice) line up! I thought you were bald like me." I said "I used to shave with a razor, now I'm cutting it with clippers- I'm trying something new" and that was the end of it. We'll see what happens when I go home for Christmas in a week and face the family. But what I've learned is people don't pay attention to other people's heads nearly as much as we think they do, so I'm not worried.

I love my new hair. I think of it as my hair now and I love showing it off. I haven't worn a hat since and I'm not sure I ever will again. It is so liberating not to worry about standing under bright lights, or worrying about your shadow creeping up. I swear I look better in clothes now. I feel like dressing up more often. I look sharp as hell. I feel like I look like I'm supposed to. My only regret so far is that I didn't do this at age 24. The one major downside- I look in the mirror a lot more now and think 'wow that guy is handsome'. 

One thing I'd like to say to Zang (and HIS) is thank you my friend- you changed my life for the better.

Here's my latest photos 10 days post 2nd treatment. I might go for a 3rd to add more density in the new year, but honestly the way I looked after just 1 treatment was so much better looking than being bald I'm more than satisfied with just 2. But still I might get another.

post--136206126952_thumb.jpg

post--136206126957_thumb.jpg

post--136206126962_thumb.jpg

In the movies it seems like they always have at least 4 guys. 1 get away driver, the hard ass that keeps people from calling the cops, the lookout, and the guy getting the money from the safe. I say we recruit He Gone and Damien as you said. The 3rd treatment is only $800 so a little bank will do:)

Great call-  He Gone looks pretty tough with that goattee of his so he can play the hard ass. Plus seeing as how he's a Bears fan, he probably has a lot of pent-up anger that will contribute to the intimidating scowl that will keep the bank tellers in check.

The more the merrier. The coolest part will be watching the news after our successful heist and hearing them describe all 8 of us as having full heads of hair and great hairlines! 

Robby you're in. I nominate you the bad ass that keeps the women and heroes quiet while the "withdraw" is made:)

Apart from me cos I'm bally'd up lol.

I accept that position. Can I drive too? I've done a Lotus track day and power slid AMG Mercedes at MB World :)

BB I devvo do have too much time on my hands. That was about 18 months ago after buying a BB shotgun for my 15 (now 16) year old son :-)

@ Bod thanks man you're right... one less thing to worry about going through life.
@ Bully thanks to you as well.

We're putting together quite the stick-up crew...  I wonder if Aston Martin makes double decker buses? This could be a good heist movie... Somebody call Tarantino.

AB, What a great story, You had me flat out laughing at times. The result is superb too, I think the hairline is just perfect and especially when looking at it from the side does it reconfirm that Zang was spot on. It looks so natural and fresh. I would be super happy with that.