Sign in to follow this  
Drdopey83

Looking for some guidance

Read many posts of yours on the forum and such. I am 22 years old, already had the HT last year and am now realizing what a horrible decision I made. This seems like my only possible long term hope at this point. Obviously, like so many other users I am very nervous and hesitant about the whole thing. Would you mind forwarding me the brochure? Also I notice you reach out and support a lot of people through the forum. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind doing the same for me. I seriously think I started losing my hair when i was 15. I have been using toppik since then and it temporarily fixes things. However, my hair has become increasingly thinner; so much so that I know toppik or other concealers is not a long term solution. Coming to the terms that I am going to have to be bald I am now obviously concerned about the scar on the back of my head. How embarassing! I seriously think hair loss has been the biggest thing holding me back in life. I have been able to accomplish many great things for a kid my age and yet I don't feel like I have because I am always hiding. Is there any advice you have for me?

Hello mate,

welcome to the forum, i have had the treatment for over a month now and it's the best thing i've ever done! You sound like your hair loss has got you down but trust me when i say you've found a "cure" here!

My advice and everyone else's will be to meet with Ian and have a consultation as he can answer all your questions and you can see his head as well (he's had the treatment). If you don't feel ready to meet Ian yet then list any questions or concerns you have about the treatment and they will get answered on here.

what's your e-mail and i'll forward you the brochure.

Yeah I think in all cases you have at least 2 treatments and in my case it was 3. I had my hairline lowered and my hair had receeded so i had that filled in as well.

The first treatment filled it all in and took about an hour, then the second was just touching up the areas that the ink hadn't taken to as well and then the third was my choice and probably not needed but when your given the chance to CHOOSE how your hair looks you become quite vain about it all! ha

I actually had the third treatment today so i'm going to put my story up on the site now regarding my treatments but believe me it will be all good news!

@Drdopey83 First of all whoever did your H.T at 21 should be named and shamed, i cant believe clinics can be so fucking clueless to long time hairloss. They should of never of done the procedure for someone your age.Its all about the money and no concern at all for your well being. Hope you get it soughted out but i would really do your research into this and meet as many people as you can that have had this done, you most likely saw the before and after pics at the H.T clinic so you know pictures can be deceiving .

Hair loss is a lucrative sector, therefore it is always important to separate sales patter from hard evidence. We're not in a position to comment on your particular case, but 21 seems very young for a hair transplant procedure. Any advice we can provide, please feel free to ask.

Oster, as you quite rightly say, pictures can be deceiving sometimes. We are actually in the process of building a video library on YouTube for exactly this reason. You can find our library here:

www.youtube.com/user/HisHairClinic

So I met with Ian in Los Angeles and we agreed to do 2 procedures in Birmingham in the middle of December and then the third in Los Angeles at a later date. For those with HT scars...how long did it take for you to see good results on the scars? Ian said that would be the toughest part to camoflauge in just 2 sessions. I will keep everybody updated. I am very excited and very nervous. Please write back with any thoughts

Gabe

Just got to the clinic and had dinner with a mate whos just had his second treatment and looks great! Mine is scheduled for 1pm tomorrow. I am so excited and lot less nervous than I thought. My only concern is about my HT scar but Ian says its very thin. Hopefully it takes the pigment well. Ian did tell me I would not be able to workout this week following my treatments. Working out is a major part of my life and a necessity for my job so I was wondering if anyone did workout and what results they got from this? Thanks everybody and I'll be posting tomorrow.

My experience thus far. First of all, when I shaved my head I was surprised to see I did not look nearly as bad as I anticipated. After the first treatment I was pretty positive that the treatment would be 100% effective for my hairline, crown, and other thinning areas. In fact I think it is the perfect solution. However, I was not convinced that my scar from HT would be camoflauged to the point where I would be comfortable with it. Three days later, everything seemed to be lookng better but yesterday i had my 2nd treatment. Again, my head is somewhat red so it is hard to tell how much my scar will be camoflauged. The HIS team has assured me that by the 3rd session they will be able to cover it. I DO trust them. They seem quite confident. I will say this, as bad as the scar looks right now- one day after treatment- I still feel more confident walking out the door with my new restored hairline and full appearing head of hair. I think I look good and the scar is not enough to get me down. If the scar gets camoflauged, the treatment will be flawless in my opinion.

For those reading this, can anyone tell me how long it took after the 3rd treatment for the scar to look or disappear the way you liked?

Also, since I had the HT last year and my scar is new, mine is pink whereas most clients were white. I wonder if this pinkness has anything to do with why its so easy to see right now. Any and all thoughts welcome,

Best,

Drdopey83