Sign in to follow this  
Carioca

MHT on strip scar, 1 year post op

Hi

I had a hairtransplant some 15 years ago, i been living with an ear to ear scar ever since, a year ago i had MHT into the scar(see prev post)  here is a few comments to those who think about having the same procedure done

the result been amazing to be honest, the scar is absolutely still visible , in certain angles it really shows and in other its complete invisible, overall i would say its a great improvement, before the scar was the first thing people noticed about me now the hardly see any scar unless they real close, for me its been a lifechanger, regarding the color in the scar, so far i havent noticed any fading at all, actually the scar looks a bit better around 3 months past procedure, the people at HIS been real amazing and i cant thank them enough, so for all you out there, yes mht is a real good solution to hide your strip scar but it doesnt make it invisible

cheers

Carioca

When you got the procedure, are you given some kind of choice, or options for the scar, as far as how short your hair will be shaved?

Like if I but cut to a #1 with clippers, can the scar still be covered? 
Or do you have to shave to the skin for the best possible MHT results? 

I agree with Robby #1 is too long.
Yes Jgq85 they will tell you what length you can get away with, most of us just shave though as it seems to be the best way to camouflage the scar is to shave the hair down to the skin as this is where the MHT is, well, there abouts. 

Remember you scar area will have no hair the longer your hair the more noticeable it is.

Tesla

I think that if hair strokes the same length as the length of hair you wanted to keep, were tattooed in, then i think that this could work quite well up to say a no 4 or so.

very similar methods are used when recreating eyebrows with semi perm make up. They tattoo in hairlike strokes the same length as any remaining hair. Camouflage is all about matching like with like really.

I did have some work like this done years ago by a semi perm make up tattooist and it worked really well but just didnt last long ( a few mnths maybe) I also had some work done by another one that was done as a block colour that years later has turned blue and still there.

But the line one worked well. Could HIS do short lines/strokes that were the same length as no 1 -2 ? it'd be good to hear from a tech re this.

I would much prefer to kep my hair at these lengths if i could......... just a idea that could maybe be considered?

We tried this when we were first developing MHT but the illusion doesnt work. At first glance it produces a 3D effect, but it just doesnt stand up to close scrutiny.

Good idea but we explored that already and its just not realistic enough