Landlord1

Go darker with scars

I've had 3 treatments within the the past month and I'm still really bothered by the appearance of my scars. With each treatment, I get excited when its first completed, when I'm leaving the clinic and even the next couple days afterwards, but when the fresh dark ink fades, its almost back to where I was. My scars are fairly smooth and blend very well within the first couple days. The practitioner is trying so hard to match the color with the shaved hair color. They do a jod job at that. The problem is that its gonna fade and everyone knows its gonna fade. No secret. Outside lighting is probably the best because of the broadness of the light. Shadows aren't cast on the scars as it does with inside, overhead lighting. Any imperfection on the scalp is gonna be seen with inside lighting. I think that the key to the best result is to go darker than any natural shadow would be, no matter how light the hair color is. I'm not talking about the guys with no scars. Anyone with scars, no matter the smoothness of the scar, is gonna have a shadow on the indentation in certain lighting. If they would pick a shade darker than the (40's) shades that they offer, the camo of the scar would be better. My shades are 42 on top, which blends fine with my ht's but the 44 on the sides and back is not doing the job. Every photo I've seen with the whole head treated darker than the natural have been the best. It's just gotta be done darker than a shadow, simple as that. The treatments that have less dense, darker pigments, make better overall results. If the treatment is done too dense around and in the scar, it only makes the scar more obvious. I can take my girlfriends eyebrow pencil and make random dots on, and above, and below the scars, and I can't even make out where the scars are. And yea, I'm saying the whole head should be done also. If you want a good scar result, I think you gotta go darker than a shadow, thats all I'm saying.

i agree with you completely i have the same issue im almost 100% happy with mine 4 treatments later but i think the darker you can go the better to cover scars especially the one's on top of my scalp the better,like you said in shadows the and under indoor lighting all the imperfection show and when i had my treatment done fresh and dark they were all hidden until it faded that bit too much.

"And yea, I'm saying the whole head should be done also."

Totally agree. I think my entire head should have been treated right from the start.

My results are good but they could have been great.

Guys with scars should have the entire head done. Everything. If I would have known that beforehand, I would be in a much better place.

HIS should actually recommend this to guys with scars. As I said, if I would have know this, I would have asked to have my entire head done (all over).

For the guys with scars considering this treatment - pay heed to what we are saying on this tread.

I'm calling tomorrow (June 11), to schedule my 4th. I have 8 hrs of travel to New York to do this treatment. (4 there, 4 back). Maybe it will be done this time. Matt's covering all the areas and doing a damn good job, just too light. I hate to bring up GLI, but if you'll just  look at the pics on their site, they've gone darker on just about every scar case and the whole head. I understand that HIS wants to do it as process and not do anything to look un-natural, but the scar cases should be a little more agressive. I appreciate the fact that they don't want me to get negative attention from darker than natural pigments, but I'd rather my scars be invisible or close. They have given me a fair price on my treatment but the travel to New York is killing me.

@Landlord1
"
I hate to bring up GLI, but if you'll just  look at the pics on their
site, they've gone darker on just about every scar case and the whole
head"

I'm with you. I almost went with them but wanted something close to home if things were not right. Here I am after four treatments, not where I think (ultimately) I should be. This is not being unrealistic in regard to expectations of results.

I have no problem paying more to have my entire head done but I had no idea as to how this works for guys with scars.

As I said before, HIS should advise people (as experts in this area) as to what is the best approach to take for people with HT scars or maybe we are the test cases for them to get feedback and enhance the procedure.

Regardless, I'm satisfied with the results but I think there is a better way to treat guys with scars and from my perspective, it could be better.

You guys aren't test cases, we've been offering scar camouflage treatments for nearly a decade. Its just that scar tissue does not react the same way to pigments as undamaged skin does. Fading is a real problem, hence why more sessions are often required.

GLI go darker because they promise a completed treatment in 1 session in most cases. What you dont see is the number of 'repair' cases we have as a result of poor quality treatments. We'd save a fortune if we followed this method, but experience shows us time and time again that this does not produce anything like the same results.

That's a pic from this morning. I had my 3rd treatment on May 31 (a week and a half ago). It gets better each time, just not there yet.

About GLI, yea Madmax, I think those pics are done the same day. They've got the same shirts on in both pics. Yea, mine was great too the 1st day. Ha.

Im scheduled for July 5 for my 4th treatment.

post--136206099894_thumb.jpg

See the difference between the two pics. These are both from today. This is what I'm referring to as the "shadows" of the scars. I just feel like the pigments should be at least that shade or close, so that you don't see the shadow. Not on every head, just the light haired guys.

post--136206099909_thumb.jpg

Yea, I can still see them but it's a lot better. One or two more treatments will probably do it for everything. The fue scars are very minimal now. I notice them more towards the lower back part of my head. I have them on both sides and they are covered pretty good.

I've called the office and scheduled my 4th treatment and I have expressed my concerns but what they keep explaining to me is that if they go darker with the scars, they could stay dark and look unusual. I get that. What I can't seem to get across to anyone is that I'm not just talking about the scars. I'm saying that the whole head should be treated darker to eliminate the shadow affect. Maybe just 2 shades darker than whats natural.

Yea, thanks for saying that.  Just a couple shades darker and it would all blend out.  Damien is only commenting on the scars though, not the overall coverage. Just a little darker all over and there wouldn't be any shade or shadow differences.

I'm getting pretty excited to be getting my 4th treatment in a couple weeks. I've spoken with Matt about my concerns and I feel confident that it's gonna be really close to being complete this time. He said that he would blend up from that dark line in the middle across the back, up thru the crown, and go over the scars again. The top and sides could use a little also, but looks pretty good overall.

Hey Jonnyboy631, are you talking about that lowest scar or all of them? I've pretty much given up on the lower one. Actually, there are 2 that connect. Matt said that they are so far down that the ink would't stay. I have five linear scars total and multiple fue between those.

New pics from today (July 6th). Had the appointment with Matt yesterday. He pretty much went over everthing again but did it all with the 42, which is one shade darker for the sides and back. Just lightly on the sides though. So far I'm happy with it. I didn't even wear the hat when I walked out.

post--136206104699_thumb.jpg

post--136206104709_thumb.jpg

post--136206104719_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is a much bigger improvement than I would have ever thought possible. Not only are the scars practically invisible now, but in bright light too...and you don't even look bald in the sunlight despite having light hair. I gotta say, I'm impressed.

thats looking great landlord.........darker and more blending seems to be the best answer for scars, just treating the scar in isolation doesn't seem to work in the majority of cases

your treatment looks very promising....how are you feeling about it now?