damien

HIS are treating celebrity hairdresser Daniel J

HIS Hair Clinics are currently treating Daniel Johnson, a leading British celebrity hairdresser, with MHT.

Daniel Johnson, otherwise known as Daniel J, boasts a hugely impressive portfolio including many Premiership footballers including Wayne Rooney, Ashley Young, Rio Ferdinand, Jermain Defoe, Mario Balotelli, Dimitar Berbatov, Patrice Evra, Tom Cleverley, Chris Smalling, Darren Bent, Nemanja Vidic, Andy Weimann and Ashley Cole.

Daniel J is also the hairdresser of choice of Dappy and Fazer from N-Dubz, and singer and songwriter Mike Posner.

More information about Daniel J can be found here
http://www.danielj.org/

A full case study, possibly including a video, will be posted in the first quarter of 2012.

HiTop.... Why the sad face? I wouldn't look too much into this as he isn't known in the UK, I have never heard of him and my girlfriend watches all of these make over, daytime tv shows.

From the sounds of things he is a top hairdresser in the world of football (soccer) stars over here and not somebody your everyday person would know or use. Basically he gets paid a ridiculous amount of money to to cut hair....Fair play!!

The only thing I can see affecting things is bald/receding footballers finding out about the procedure through him, and then having it done themselves..... which to be fair I wouldn't blame them and I can't see them wanting to shout to the rooftops about it either!

One positive to take from this.... He obviously knows hair and what looks good on ones head, so if he has confidence in this treatment it is a pretty strong endorsement!!

Daniel J is a very good looking guy. He'll look even better with MHT, but HIS really sells itself. They don't need him parading around promoting HIS as a livesaver, etc, etc, etc.

I'm starting to believe that MHT is the hairloss industry's best kept secret.

Hitop - I think your reaction is really unwarranted here. Anything that helps Ian grow the business is good for all of us. 

The more successful HIS is the more likely they will be open in 20-30 years in case any of us need additional procedures and work done. 

I want HIS to become huge. I think the more people who have this look in public the more acceptable and accepted a lot of us will feel. 

Celebs and athletes are already getting this done. All HIS needs is one big celeb to step forward and say they did it and the clinics will be inundated more than they are already. 

Growth is good for this. It makes the long term potential very strong. 

I don't know who Daniel J is from a hole in the wall, but if he helps HIS get more visibility and acceptance in the marketplace it's a great thing. 

HIS shouldn't be a secret service that only a rare few find out about. With the amount of people suffering from all forms of baldness out there I hope they all find this place like we were lucky enough to. 

You say that now, LPP.

But when you have every other waiter or secretary or cashier asking you if you had "that tattoo procedure" while you are in the middle of checking out, you'll think otherwise and begin to dread your decision.

If people want a treatment for their baldness, they better get off their arse and do some research.

I hate how the world wants to cater to lazy people who want to sit around and moan instead of trying to get up and change what they don't like.

Once HIS gets put on full blast, you'll be compared to every new  "athlete" or "celebrity" who recently received MHT.

LPP, do you constantly want to be compared to X athlete or Y celebrity? All because you share the same hairloss treatment?

Well look at it this way, if the *worst* were to happen and every man and his dog knew about this treatment (which I highly doubt), whether that be due to HIS or any other company currently offering this kind of procedure or one that may spring up in the near future offering it.

So on the assumption that the whole world will know about this kind of treatment, you have 2 choices, either get it done or remain bald. If you get it done and people ask you if you have had it done, you can either admit or deny it. If you choose to remain bald then people will be telling you why don't you get that tattoo treatment for your bald head :)

I’d imagine there are millions of men (NW5+) worldwide who have no desire to ever wear a hair system or get a hair transplant and who don’t even know about this kind of treatment. Hence they would not even be searching online for anything like this, they would simply have admitted that there is no solution to their hair loss.

A perfect example of this is a guy on this forum (not sure on his forum name - think it was something like "Bald No More") who found out about this procedure after having watched the Frank Skinner show (which HIS appeared on briefly earlier on this year). He said he did not even know anything like this existed and would have been none the wiser had he not tuned in to watch that show. From what I recall he has since had the treatment done.

Anyways bringing this back onto topic, Damien do you know how Daniels first treatment went?

HiTop - This treatment is a good thing that allows people who have lost part of themselves to get it back. If a celebrity going public with getting it helps more people get that back then I have no problems with it. I found this place by accident because I was searching the internet looking for help to my hair loss issue. Does that make me better than someone who hears about it on TV? I don't think so. 

You already see guys in their HIS videos saying they saw the treatment on a talk show in the UK. 

This business is not going to grow by word of mouth since most of us don't want to tell people what we've done.  

That said, I want this business to grow and be very successful so it's here for a long time. Ian and Ranbir and everyone involved in HIS deserve that kind of success for what they do for many of us. 

I'm not afraid of random people accusing me of having a head tattoo since I think that's an extreme scenario. I think most people aren't going to be that rude and if they are all you have to say is, "no, I didn't do it" and leave it at that. What do you think they'll do, chase you and keep accusing you?

Again, women get breast implants but you don't see checkout people and guys walking by asking them if they are real or not. This service is about self improvement. Yes, it's extreme but so is having a silicon bag shoved into your breast. 

If the treatment becomes mainstream then it becomes more socially acceptable. I don't think people are going to chase you down the street with pitchforks for getting this done to yourself.

I also don't know how anyone can know if you have or haven't had it done. It looks real.  

The best thing that can happen is HIS grows by leaps and bounds and more practitioners get trained and more offices open up so people don't have to come up with thousands of dollars just to fly to a clinic and stay in a hotel. 

The more guys with this look the better in my opinion. 

I know that HIS allowed BBC to do a documentary on the US clinics - I think they filmed it at the LA offices so you may as well prepare yourself that more people are going to know about this in a short amount of time. 

If you get accused you say "yeah I did it" or "no I didn't" and leave it at that. I don't envision a scenario where people are going to constantly ask you and point at you when they see you. 

There's a guy I see all the time who shops at my local supermarket who paints on a fake head of hair with dermatach or something. It literally looks like he got a paint roller and painted his head with black shoe polish. He doesn't even try to do follicles. He just paints black color onto his scalp. There's no hair. 

He looks ridiculous and I've never once seen anyone go up to him and ask him why he paints his head. Do people sometimes do double takes as he walks by them? Yeah. He looks bizarre. Still, I don't see anyone bothering the guy and it's obvious what he has done. 

Sorry but I have to agree with HiTop. 

To me one of the best things about this treatment is that it is almost secret from everybody else.
You all must agree that some of the hairlines look dubious. It passes because if people don't know about MHT then there is really no other explanation for it. I really don't want people pointing me out as somebody who as had that thing done to my head. I don't think you should have any fear of the business not growing. I think the greatest fear will be that the business will grow too fast, they will then become too busy, they will then make mistakes, receive bad publicity  and that will be the end of the business. 

John. I saw the Frank Skinner show but that was after finding HIS on the Web. I don't really agree with that either. That is my own opinion for the same reasons given above.

I believe the forum is the way forward and meeting people who wish to have the treatment. Most people I have met were terrified of the procedure prior to having it done. I don't think it would have helped things if all their friends and family knew about it.  

I have to agree with HiTop on this one.

If this service remains as a discrete product, it would allow for more men to be attracted to the prospect of getting this done due to the fact that it would be their "little secret", a secret which these select men can bask in.  One of the reasons why I've become interested in this product is because very few people know about its existence and because of which, no one would assume that I was "one of the guys who decided to tattoo his head".

If MHT goes mainstream, to the point where MOST people know about its existence and the actual look it does produce, bald guys (who have had it done) will have yet another stigma to possibly have to try and fend off. It is already bad enough to go bald and have people constantly pointing out the obvious, imagine then having people point out to others that you're the crazy guy that couldn't cope with your hair loss by just shaving it off and instead had to go and do something insane like tattooing your head.

While we here ALL think that this procedure holds much promise and can very well be a great solution to masking our hair loss, others aren't so welcoming of this idea and will certainly use it as ammunition to fry us with.

This is a niche product and should be marketed as such in order to keep its appeal to the segmented market that would actually pursue it.

When hair transplants first came out, MANY men went after them in order to *solve* their hair loss. Over time, as it became too mainstream, men who had gone for hair transplants who had the tell tale signs (Strip scar, doll hair grafts, scars on top of their scalp, linear & patchy hairlines) became a target of ridicule for the masses. Hence why today, most guys cringe at the idea of a transplant, regardless of its potential to actually grow some hair. Most guys know that TOO MANY PEOPLE know about them and by diving into a transplant, they will only add to their problems of ridicule.

At the end, this is a business. Ian and Ranbir didn't start a business to see a small group of guys achieve happiness and then call it a day. They want and need to make money.

While I do strongly believe that they could succeed by simply marketing it discretely, I do know that trying to go down that road can become costly via marketing tactics necessary.

Worst case scenario, they go mainstream, too many people know, those who have got it done will have to fess up to it and the company will see a decrease in overall sales due to less people wanting to become a target of fingers pointing from the distance. (This is an extreme hypothetical)

Best case scenario, His continues to grow without becoming too obvious and manages to turn a large profit by marketing via word of mouth, while still protecting the integrity of its customers by not pulling the veil of ambiguity.

Either way, a business is a business..

DHT

Bald No More wrote:
John. I saw the Frank Skinner show but that was after finding HIS on the Web. I don't really agree with that either. That is my own opinion for the same reasons given above.

Just did some digging on the forum and found that the forum member I was referring to was not you but baldandnotproud http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/will-mht-go-mainstream

If MHT goes mainstream, to the point where MOST people know about its existence and the actual look it does produce, bald guys (who have had it done) will have yet another stigma to possibly have to try and fend off. It is already bad enough to go bald and have people constantly pointing out the obvious, imagine then having people point out to others that you're the crazy guy that couldn't cope with your hair loss by just shaving it off and instead had to go and do something insane like tattooing your head. 

Maybe if MHT goes mainstream or when the celebrities gets it done, the thought if "tattooing your head is crazy" will go away? 

I think people will think its crazy because it is UNKNOWN yet. but come to think of it, getting a bag of silicon implanted in your breast, re locating your hair from the back to the front involving surgery, getting your nose surgically corrected is CRAZIER. 

It's just ink. the good thing is, it doesn't really look that obvious (as said by a lot of clients) and it makes you look better and younger. plus it's safer. compared to drugs like propecia/rogaine and hair transplant. so I don't get it why people would say you are crazy and couldn't cope up with hair loss that's why you tattooed your hair.

Its a procedure that could make you look better, some has issues not being able to cope up with hair loss and others ( seen in the videos like john with the green shirt, shane's brother ) which they just want to get polished up.

It's just the matter of how well HIS is going to make the procedure look good as possible for you and have that confidence to not really care at all because you look good.

There must be loads of famous people that HIS will have treated in the UK, US and worldwide over they past few years, yet every man and his dog don't know (or probably even care) about this kind of treatment.

If Damien had not told us that HIS was treating Daniel Johnson, then none of us would have been any the wiser.

I'm all for HIS growing as a business and as LPP pointed out, the more success they enjoy the more likely it is that they will be around 20/30 years down the line.

In my view this kind of treatment/procedure is not exciting enough to warrant any staying power even if it did make it on the front pages of newspapers due to some celebrity getting it done and the world finding out about it. As an example many of us losing our hair can shout out a long list of names of famous celebrities who have had a hair transplant or wear some kind of hair system, now ask your friends who do not suffer from hair loss and see how many they can name or know off? I'd imagine it would be hardly any as they simply are not in the zone and not aligned to everything and anything hair loss related, like we are.

I may not agree with HiTop's assessment, but I do understand his concern. It is an issue that has been raised on this forum before.

I still remember the reaction we got when we said we were going on Frank Skinner. Many people assumed the treatment would be mocked, and I agree it was a risky move, but we believe passionately in what we do and the general consensus after it was aired was that going on the show was a positive move.

My point is that whatever worst case scenario you can imagine, is very unlikely to actually happen.

As a community concerned about hair loss, we look at photos of hair transplant patients and scrutinise. But what about the general public? Do they scrutinise as much as we do? Unless the person involved is in the public eye, and they've been snapped as a potential transplant patient in a celeb gossip magazine, no way.

Do we look at the average guy on the street and wonder if they've had a transplant? Probably not, and even if we did, would we still do so if we weren't part of a hair loss community and no awareness of transplant surgery?

HiTop, BaldNoMore and DHT - I do understand your anxieties, and I'm not trying to dismiss them off-hand, but the scenario you're concerned about will probably never happen, and even if it did, there are positives as well as negatives.

Just to clarify, Daniel J is not endorsing HIS, he's a regular client just the same as anyone else. He's having the treatment for the same reasons as the people on this forum.

Agree with DHT - we are a business and our aim is to make money, but we are doing so ethically and responsibly. Ian genuinely puts clients first and profits second. Anyone who questions this should meet him for a coffee and find out for themselves.

@ John_phil - Regarding Adee Phelan, cant release any details yet but will do so very soon. Its all good though ;)

Agree with your comments regarding 'crazy' treatments. Is 'tattooing' your head really any crazier than popping pills that may make you impotent, having head or body hair grafted into your scalp, spending fortunes on magic snake oil for your hair or covering up with Fullmore every morning?

Agree with John. A successful business is a stable business, and we plan on being here for a long time, for the benefit of all. We do not yet know how many people will need us again in 30, 40 or even 50 years time, so we have a responsibility to build our business on strong foundations.

A final thought - more and more clients are coming to HIS who simply aren't in the hair loss arena. They would never wear a system, and would never consider a transplant. They come to us because the shaved look is modern and stylish, so we work with them to create a permanent hairstyle. This is very much in 'Toni & Guy' territory rather than 'Bosley', and I am convinced this will help remove any stigma about MHT, by turning it into a style choice as well as a treatment for hair loss.

Any thoughts?

ive got a quick question for you damien..

i live about 14 miles from his hq in harbourne.in the future when i need check up or topups or whatever,could i goto Adee Phelans cube place for this as the cube is also a kick ass shopping experience and considerably closer,ie will my file be on his computer data base,or is it a totally different branch.also does they cubes prices mirror yours or do the charge what they want

Sounds like Adee Phelan has had or is having the procedure - good on him I always thought he was a good candidate and with his endorsements of HIS the news is not majorly surprising although exciting - cant wait to see the results 

mistermister
:
I was asked the other day. have you had a tattoo on your head? This in my view was because the hairline was too sharp(even though I asked for the opposite). If done right should look natural.

Have you the treatment long? Could you not get it softened?

I’m willing to bet the $3,500 I have set aside for this treatment that Daniel Johnson’s Treatment will look absolutely flawless! Because he’s a high profile client however the guy above just posted that someone asked if his HEAD WAS tattooed! And his hair line looks like a line. It’s seems like this treatment is Hit or Miss depending on your practitioner/luck.  Even though everyone is paying the same price the outcome varies. With today’s economy (USA) this 3K – 4K is a lot of money for the average Joe or younger folk. I’m positive the ink doesn’t cost 3K , I’m sure your equipment is paid for by now and You can knock out rent space with a few heads so really the Bulk of what your paying for is the artistry/service. Yet Practitioners names can’t even be mentioned on the forum.   That’s the equivalent of saying two completely different Hair transplant surgeons will always be able to perform @ the same skill level.  Even in the tattoo game…People pay top dollar for Skilled/talented artist who have portfolios.  It blows my mind that there’s no section about artist and their previous work.  If every HIS artist can perform at a top level why are so many results varying. This is a brilliant solution and when perform correctly can produce amazing results so thank you HIS for helping 1,000’s of men lift this monkey off our backs but How can we guarantee we will get the same results , the same artistry , the same consistence as some of the clients you highlight via Video/case study ? Will my video be up? Can I be a case study? Displayed on your main page?  Because that’s the kind of perfection I need from this treatment.  “ I don’t want to make the hair line worse” is an unacceptable statement from your staff”.  You guys are making history and changing lives…I would invest into HIS stock if I could lol. How can I ensure this treatment will be done right the first time ?