Sign in to follow this  
damien

Fraxel laser repair - Can anyone share their experience?

Warrior. I am in same situ as yours. Can you tell me who did the Fraxell and how much? How is it now? And how many sessions have you had / will you need? Did you have it to both donor and recipient scars? Sorry for all the q's:-)

I had another treatment of fraxel on my recipient / frontal area and my first treatment of pro fraxel on my donor scar yesterday. 

It's costly. I can't say it's cheap. It costs me $650 usd per fraxel and pro fraxel was $500. Fraxel is just amazing. I can't even begin to tell you how much improvement I have gained from getting it done.
My doctor suggested that we could improve the donor scar in just couple of treatments. But as of right now I can't report the results. 

keep us updated warrior........i have a fraxel consultation next month, for donor scar

I'm quite interested in the possibility of continuing to do fraxel after i get mht , not yet heard of anyone doing this and how it may or may not effect mht treatment ....i guess we are all at the forefront of repair technology!!

Listen to madeofscars (wmshb?) advice fellas.......fraxel is def the best route to take before MHT. I too have known about fraxel for a long time but having  HT repair work done in the U.S.    I could not afford HT repair, fraxel as well as MHT. I have only ever been told good things about fraxel and thats been a few years now on a HT website repair section. You want the best possible result i'd go fraxel then MHT. Good luck        

hi guys

just back from a consultation with Dr terry a fraxel practitioner...

my scar is approx 3 inches in diameter and at the moment i wear my hair
at number 3 which leaves the scar visible but only if you look pretty hard

She advised against any treatment at all she said my scar looked healthy 
and she didn't want to make it worse!

She wasn't that sure about mht she felt it might leave a dark line when the head was completely
shaved but to be fair she wasn't 100% against it and could see how potentially in some cases
it might help
so for just now I'm giving fraxel a miss.....and pencilling in a treatment at his next spring

Before and after Pro-Fraxel treatment on strip scar. I have gotten some sun since the before photo but you can see that in the after photo that the vertical scars where the sutures were have diminished greatly. I am pleased with the results from 1 treatment. I do think it was worth the money at $500 USD. My laser experience has been excellent.

post--1362060931_thumb.jpg

post--136206093106_thumb.jpg

The main purpose of Fraxel prior to MHT is to flatten the scar, enabling (potentially) a better blend with surrounding hair. We cant recommend (or advise against) Fraxel before MHT yet because our research is ongoing. but it seems the idea may have some merit in my personal opinion

dlm
That last treatment on my strip scar will likely be my last pro- fraxel treatment. My doctor only suggested that at most 2 pro-fraxel treatments would be required for the back.  I may decide to do more (fraxel) on the front recipient area but right now I am generally pretty pleased with the over all result.

Dlm,
Yes, I think the next step for me is to get MHT done.

I'm scheduled to have MHT done in October. (I know thats a long ways away, Its when I have vacation time already scheduled). If Chicago opens up before October, then I will switch my appointments to that location as I don't need to take vacation time to go there and I can go sooner!

I have never undergone any kind of fraxel treatment before. But now I want Fraxel treatment from Sydney. One of my friend suggested me a doctor there named as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I have visited their website xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . So you guys are experts and tell me, am I taking right decision or not?

I have had several Fraxel treatments, at increasing intensities over the last 2 years. These were in the HT donor area on strip scars and also the older punch version HT donor scars. The result has been to smooth out the scarred areas, shrink the scars a bit and reduce redness. My skin color is still lighter in the donor scars than in the surrounding skin however. I have a consultation Oct. 23 at HIS in Chicago and may do 1 more Fraxel before MHT, not sure yet. But Fraxel has been great for the HT scars, but just cannot erase them or restore natural skin pigment. It seems to be more effective when the power is increased versus the lower settings of the machine.

Welcome to the forum Chgobuzz1. If you choose to have MHT, it would be great if you could document your progress in a diary thread as I know Fraxel/MHT combinations are of interest to a lot of people here

Hi, I was wondering if you did anything after/ in between you fraxel appointments, such as needling? I have had 3 fraxel appointments to attempt to disguise the appearance of a white scare on my arm, and there doesn't seem to be any change to the scare. However my skin around the scare has discoloured to appear quite brown now. Your results after just 2 treatments seem amazing. I'm just wondering if maybe there's something I'm doing wrong, or if there's something in conjunction to the fraxel that I should be doing?