All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Hi all, I am an ex hair transplant patient or victim, who had 4 bad treatments, which have left 4 bad scars on the back of my head (I would say hypertrophic type - pink and risen). I have not had any HTs for over 10 years and I do not plan to have any more. The top of my head I'm fine with but I'm paranoid about these scars. I have kept my hair long and have tried many things to temporarily keep those scars hidden. I have been reading up on SMP and I think this can be a good solution to permanently cover this region, which I have to cover daily. I live in Birmingham UK, and HIS Hair sounds like the most reputable clinic in my area. They recommended 2 sessions a week apart (with possibility of a third) after a month. A few things concern me. 1. After asking, I have been told that the practitioner will indeed need to shave the area. This is a concern as I typically have the back long to conceal them. There’s a one week gap between Session 1 and Session 2 and I would like to avoid shaving on the first treatment if the scarring will be noticeable. I raised these concerns with the Client service team who have stated that if I wish to do it with longer hair, the consultant will make it work but ideally a shave during the second session would be beneficial. I think I will agree with this as I don't want the result to be compromised but after shaving the back, there's no going back. It will either look seamless or really noticeable and then I will have nothing to conceal it with. What do you think? 2. I thought the procedure is low risk but then I heard about the results being too light or even worse too dark, which requires painful laser removal and then your back to square one. I have been through painful hair transplant procedures (including corrections) and don't want a repeat of this. On average what % coverage can I expect from SMP and with what length? Is it worth the risk? I have done a good job in hiding the scars and don't want to jeopardise this. Would love the thoughts from Practitioners as well as those who have scars and have had tried SMP to conceal them. Thanks
  3. Last week
  4. Earlier
  5. Tips on how to look good with shaved head

With all due respect u guys have missed the point I was trying to make. Irregardless of what you think shaving your head lowers your appearance rating. I was offering tips on how to improve this and compensate.
  6. Tips on how to look good with shaved head

I’m quite pale in the winter and nobody as EVER mention “cancer look” to me. You must have a nice circle of friends!!!! Plus everybody looks better with a tan, hair or no hair regarding the the cap thing, total opposite for me. I like wearing caps/hats but never did with hair because it used to make it a mess and reveal my receding hairline. Now I can take it on & off as and when I like not sure any of your points are valid to be honest, you’re basically saying smp will only look good on buff tanned people 🤔
  7. Tips on how to look good with shaved head

"It's very important to take that cancer look away" ... Nice choice of words.
  8. Hello guys. I had my smp three years ago and would like to share some thoughts since the topic of balding has come up more and more between my friends and I now they enter their late thirties and are starting to lose their own hair. Having lost mine at 18 I can offer some advice. In order to rock the smp shaved head look here are some crucial tips. 1. Get a tan real or fake. It’s very important to take that cancer look away a glow in winter and a good tan in summer 2. Get fit. I’m not a gym goer but I walk lots keep your body in shape out of shape and bald is a terrible look 3. Lose the caps they show nothing but insecurity unless it’s required for sun. 4. Moisturize and take care of your skin I’m now 33 when I was 21 and had list most of my hair people thought I was 30. Now I’m 33 with smp people think I’m in my late twenties. It gets easier over time and you grow into the look. I would love hair I never had it so I miss it even more but smp is the only option for many guys who are not transplant candidates ( take not Wayne Rooney )
  9. Hey fellas, i had a friend who also had SMP done at HiS, and was wondering if hair follicle boosters would damage his SMP treatment? Any thoughts?
  10. Request for SMP Mock-up

https://www.hishairclinic.com/contact/virtual-smp/
  11. Hello, I'm new to the forum. I would like to ask, could anybody photoshop a simulation of how my hairline would look with SMP done? I'm considering doing it, but I'm not sure if it would look good on me. Thanks in advance,
  12. IMG_20181119_133006.jpg

I don't know what this looks like in person, but in these pictures it would seem that you can go out in public without having to conceal your scalp.
  13. MY Scalp Micro Pigmentation Horror Story

Yes, I'd like to see how things have progressed, and thank you for coming back with an offer to update. I'd like to see your present state.
  14. Kevin from stockholm?

I'm interested in getting SMP in Stockholm (norwood 2), but I haven't seen any work from Kevin online. The only info I can find of him is from this page https://www.hishairclinic.com/hair-clinic/stockholm-sweden/ Anyone has any experience with him? I was also thinking of going to visit Sam in Gothenburg since his work seems amazing.
  15. Yeah...it is tough not knowing what the outcome will be... Thanks man!
  16. Should I or shouldn't I?

Sounds like you are going through the same thought process as I was - including the 'it's too light' feeling post-SMP. I still think mine looks a bit too light but I intend to have a third session to add more density and maybe go very slighlty darker. I do think part of the problem is my very white scalp due to long term concealer use. I'm hoping it will darken a bit with (controlled) sun exposure over the summer - which is why I'm thinking about leaving the third session until autumn. I didn't mention the scar although it does appear to be a bit darker than the surrounding skin. I do agree with a previous poster who said it's visible anyway.
  17. Should I or shouldn't I?

Thanks for your thoughts. I'v been thinking about it for ages. It occupies my mind way too much and I need to make a final decision. I think the main problem is the scar, if I could get that to a better standard where it's much less visible, I think I would be alot happier. I will be getting it Lasered and starting again, then at the same time lowering hairline. I'll meet with the laser company and then my SMP practitioner to decide a way forward. Thinking about it, I didn't have much hair anyway so it shouldn't even be a question. The positives and negatives are as follows. Positives : Easy maintenance No fibres Don't have to worry about winds or hairspray Debatable if it looks better The smp looks very natural A clean pillow ( no fibres ) Negatives Head seems too white in daylight. In Certain lights it looks better. Even when I'm in a dark room its hard to see the smp Stuck with the same look all my life Scar very visible currently and feel paranoid about it sometimes
  18. Smp can help, but in different lighting it might show up
  19. Should I or shouldn't I?

I've been following this thread but haven't commented, but as comments have been few I'll go for it Your situ is *very slightly* reminiscent of where I was pre-SMP. Albeit I hadn't had a HT, but had a very thin head of hair camouflaged with copious amounts of concealer. Although perhaps not quite as rough looking as your first pics, I reckon my hair wasn't looking too good towards the end, just before I had SMP. My wife was commenting about it too. I realised it was time to make the choice between shaved/bald or shaved/SMP - continuing the way I was was no longer a viable option. To be honest it looks like you were in a similar situ before you shaved. In my opinion your buzzed off + SMP looks about a million times better than the first pics. I realise this is a very personal thing and the shaved look is more difficult for some guys to get used to than others. I'm therefore conscious that it's a choice you have to make and be comfortable with, but if it was me I *definitely* wouldn't be entertaining growing that back! My biggest concern with having SMP was getting used to the shaved look. But I've got used to it quickly and actually really like it - to the point where I sometimes think this is better than having a full head of hair! It's worth at least giving it a bit more time. Hope that helps a bit!
  20. Should I or shouldn't I?

Not really getting any comments. Friends and family haven't seen it yet apart from the Mrs who doesn't mind it. Outside it looks very white and almost looks like I've had cancer. 🙁still thinking about growing it back if I can. Sometimes I like it. Other times im not sure. Would love it to be darker like my facial hair but I guess it then wouldn't match the sides.
  21. Should I or shouldn't I?

I can see lowering the hairline just a bit but I would wait to make sure you are good with this. Are you still unsure if this is what you want to do? What type of comments are you getting? In pictures at least it looks better and must be nice not worrying about keeping your hair in place all the time, just shower and go all day .
  22. Should I or shouldn't I?

Your SMP looks great, man! Keep it shaved.. I have old transplants from 30 years ago, and have my SMP procedure scheduled for June 10th...really nervous, uncertain..but also excited. Hopefully I wont chicken out..lol
  23. Should I or shouldn't I?

Look loads better shaved than that wispy bit of hair !! No offence, but that scar looks nasty
  24. Smp cut lengh

Rotary / foil or wet shave
  25. Should I or shouldn't I?

Thanks John. Took a while to take the plunge. Once I sort scar out and lower hairline. I'll be happier. At this moment in time I could grow my hair back ( i think) if I changed my mind. If I lower hairline it means no going back unless I laser it away which I don't want.
  26. Should I or shouldn't I?

I have not had SMP. Hair system combined with transplanted hair works pretty good for now but once I retire in a few years will probably go SMP route. For what it is worth, I think you look better now. I could give you a better thumbs up if I saw it in person as pictures are harder to see how it looks but from what I see much better now. I don't obsess as much as you seemed to but it will be nice to do SMP and not give it any more thought. Glad you finally did it and again I think it looks better anyway. John
  27. I need help please

Hi Julio I’ve been told that there is 2 practitioners at Paris HIS and they have both been doing SMP for over 5 years. So you will most likely struggle to find many others with that much experience (which will 100% include scar coverage). I am sure an arranged phone call or consultation with them wouldn’t be an issue. Good luck Egg
  28. I need help please

Hi Egg, I live in Paris, but i don't find any scar case about HIS Paris. Do you have a practitioners in particular ? I really looking for the practitioner with the most scar experience, after two failed i just want the best.
  1. Load more activity