All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. Last week
  4. Sunblock / sunscreen

Sold a pup Vichy Capital Soleil is a no-go, contains alcohol denat. That's what I get for taking info from their US website.... shame since it is the largest tube and cost much the same as the other products. At least some Vichy Ideal Soleil products also seem to have alcohol denat, so I think unless I can hold the product in my hand prior to purchase, I'll give Vichy products a miss. The Avene SPF30 seems fine though, anythng ending in -ol is well down the list of ingredients. The Avene SPF50 is on back order but will hopefully be similar. Looks like a warm sunny Easter coming up, first chance to try these possibly
  5. I first received SMP through HisHair back in 2013. Over the years, I've had a few touchups however, I haven't been back since 2017. When I visited the website yesterday (first time in a long time), I noticed that HisHair is now affiliated with Bosley. Is Bosley using the same ink/needles/guns that HisHair used back in the day? Has the quality of artistry changed? I'm looking to go back for another touchup session, but am wondering if Bosley has changed things for the worse. Specifically, I'm interested in the Chicago location, so if any of you have had recent experience there, please fill me in. Appreciate it.
  6. SMP Laser Removal

I had a similar experience with smp, was desperate for help and asked a tattoo artist to have it removed as quickly as possible. He said I wasn't his first, a guy already had 3 or 4 sessions and it still wasn't gone. Everything depends on the laser settings however. I had one session with the tattoo guy and it took away most of the tiny dots but the large ones remained the same. He told me I'd need about 5 or 6 session to remove the big dots as well, with 2 months time inbetween each session (I was gutted to say the least). Then my practitioner booked a session for me in a beauty clinic with an experienced surgeon who had done a lot of tattoo removals, had a test patch done and a few weeks later all the bad areas. Everything he lasered was gone in one session, big dots included. Took about 10-12 days for the redness to go away but it worked. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the laser settings here, if not a mod will probably remove them but you can pm me if you want. Settings were 1064NM, dot size 3 and 8.2 J. It definately hurt to get it removed, but it was fast and it worked and that was the main thing for me. I hope it helps!
  7. Hey all, I was just seeing if it is possible to buzz my hair a number one? Photo attached and get Micropigmentation to bring the hairline forward and fill in the receding part? Is that achievable with Micropigmentation? Also so happy to cut it with no clippers to achieve the result? Has anyone had this done with similar hair to me. I’ve had a look on the internet but can find anything with a number 1 clipper with Micropigmentation. Cheers
  8. Dark Skin SMP Removal

Hey Taurykent, im looking to get Micropigmentation done and interesting into why you are looking to get it removed ?? Cheers
  9. Sunblock / sunscreen

Well after some more research I just ordered the following from Escentual: The Vichy Capital Soleil product seem to be the one that is "alcohol-free"; the Ideal Soleil equivalent contains Alcohol Denat according to the Vichy website. The Avene products look interesting too and are also free of ethanol and Alcohol Denat. As indicated above, all sunscreens seem to contain ingredients that are some sort of alcohols, but the concensus on the forum seems to be that these are less damaging and are further down the list of ingredients, so the risk to SMP should be very low (much lower than not using sunscreen at all). I wanted a mix of SPF 30 and 50 since I want to slowly tan my white scalp in a controlled manner..... Will try these over the summer and see how I get on.
  10. Earlier
  11. SMP removal

mrman89...Any updates? The fact there has been no updates makes you wonder??
  12. Dark Skin SMP Removal

Hi, I've had SMP treatment at HIS a few years back and desperately want to have it fully removed as it's just not me anymore. I'm worried it will damage my skin as I know laser removal can be a lot riskier on dark skin individuals with the potential of hyper/hypopigmentation...do you have any advice as to what the best course of action is?
  13. Yeah that probably can’t be done, when people have fair hair like yours. Not just fair but white, when shaved it looks like nothing is there. So smp will not be possible. You shouldn’t want it though as your hair looks fine as is. As to cobblestoning it so minimal you can not even see it. Leave it as is. In my opinion. not a technician in any way.
  14. New session with Zang, one year later

looks amazing such a difference you must be so happy!! truly happy for you!! thanks for sharing !!!
  15. 1 point vs 3 point needle difference?

correct Smp has always been done with a 3 point micro - these newbies seem to be expermenting with 1 micro - not worth the risk especially when all the pros have always used 3 micro! good luck
  16. Zang

Zang is the man for sure!
  17. 1 point vs 3 point needle difference?

It is believed that 3 point needle though giving a bigger dot will stay for longer as the single point will fade quicker as the amount of pigment may be quickly flushed out by your immune system. Be careful either way smp is not perfect.
  18. Smp and regular tattoo

Hi I am worried about poor results or being unhappy with results as I have scars and smp can be very difficult on these areas. Should smp fail and leave me unhappy with it. I will wish to get a regular tattoo over my scars instead. Will smp pigments have an effect when mixed with regular ink?
  19. Zang

Zang is in Los Angeles with his own clinic I beleive called Zang SMP. Quick google search should bring him right up. Would you say he is a good guy to use to correct a bad smp procedure?
  20. No scrubbing or alcohol on head ?

As I look into sunscreens, which are recommended by HIS but all or almost all of which seem to be full of alcohols, I'd also like to understand this. Anyone?
  21. Sunblock / sunscreen

Hope you're right. All of the products mentioned above, as well as the others I've looked at, are full of alcohols and other chemicals. Including the body shop one that claims " No added fragrance, colour or alcohol " but you have to click "All ingredients" after which the same list of chemicals is revealed
  22. FUE scar camouflage with light brown hair

Hi ever the optimistic i am in the same boat, HBK has a good diary\forum post and there’s is a video of Glenn (I believe anyway) in the video section who had plug scars that look good now. Needhair is another good story and he doesn’t post anymore meaning he’s off not caring which is nice.
  23. Yea guess I had to get there myself ;-) It's best in the middle of the day but definitely still a daily routine. Also not sure the little Braun is going to hack it long term. Edit: The Series 3 is much better and much quicker.
  24. Smp just for camouflage FUE

Hi there, Thinking of getting smp but only to mask scars, will not being going onto the crown at all and will only do scar cover on the horse shoe area for a natural look. Any my thoughts on this? Is this realistic? I am 25 and worried about how aging turns hair grey and my balding isn’t finished yet. I don’t want anything too drastic or to paint outside the lines of the scars at all. I hope that this will be my solution. pics attached
  25. Hi I’m a new poster i want to get smp done but only as scar camouflage and leave the rest of my head as bald as it is. Everything as natural as possible. So just the horse shoe will be done after I was wrecked by Turkey fue procedure. Will post pictures some of dots are large but many hopefully small enough to cover with a dot. one part of my plan is to just do the small dots and then hopefully everything will be at a level I find acceptable and go leave house without a hat on confortably.
  26. Light brown hair and unevenly greying

I didn’t think it would be long before going to the wood.. it got the better of me in the end lol
  27. Sunblock / sunscreen

I wouldn’t obsess with the alcohol thing... small amounts in moisturiser etc won’t affect SMP I use Piz Buin dry touch factor 30 when knocking about, but on holiday I just use whatever my missus packs lol. Last year it was some clear Nivea spray, which was a bit greasy i exposed my scalp to quite a bit of sun last year, 2 holidays aboard & long walks every other day and suffered zero fading
  28. Sunblock / sunscreen

Fantastic, haven't looked back. Sounds like you are in a very similar situ to me, my scalp hasn't seen the sun in a decade either! I couldn't expose it before having SMP since my "it was thinning so I shaved it" story would have been shot to pieces. So now I have a slightly more pale scalp compared to my face. It's not bad though and hopefully some controlled exposure to sun over the summer will even it out. Thanks SHVD, only thing I've heard re aloe vera products was when we were in the Caribbean. Local sellers were selling them but the advice to tourists was a definite "Don't bother - you'll fry". As you say though this might be fine at our latitude and with our 'summer' weather. However we're off to Spain in late June, exactly when the sun will be at its strongest. So may need something better. I'm reluctant to use any of the brands that we already own due to alcohol content.......
  29. Well I foil shaved down to the wood last night and while it was a bit smooth for my liking first thing this morning, it feels great now. Let's see what it's like later after 24 hours.....
  1. Load more activity