Sign in to follow this  
Raybatesman

My Experience in the London Clinic :)

Hi Ray. Thanks for posting and updating how things are with the smp. I think it still looks great 3 years on but do you think maybe a touch up at this stage now could make it look even better as the techniques since you had yours have got even better or are you content. Congratulations on your wedding.

I could do with a touch up however I'm not desperate for one or think that it is necessary at this stage.

My Mrs knows about it, I told her very early into our relationship and it didn't make a difference to her which is nice. Most of my friends know as well.

Hey all, I was just wondering the other day. Was there some sort of a deal that if you get a HIS treatment then the next time you top up in the future you pay a cheaper price? If so, does anyone know how much? I have been tempted to possibly do a top up next year to get it slightly darker again. :)

Cheers chaps. That sounds about right I guess... I can not remember for the life of me how much I paid for my 3 sessions. It feels like years ago now although I only did it in mid 2011 I believe. Do you or anyone know someone on here who has done a top up? Just wondering if there are any benefits or if it's not worth it because that's a lot of money to waste.

Ray just read almost all your diary. Great read. You ever think you'd be married right Now had you not of gotten the smp? How different this has actually made your life? All the best to you and your beautiful wife.

To be honest, yes. I think hair is great for self confidence.. we live in a world where image matters a lot but the reality is that there are women out there who really do not care what kind of hair or no hair you have. One of my dads cousins who I used to hang around with when I was younger used to get all the stunning girls and he was balding and on the chubby side.. What this did for me was make me more confident and less shy/insecure. Before I used to wear a beanie hat or a hat all the time or never look down so no one would see my bald patch but ever since i had this done I do not even think twice about where I look or what I am doing.

It has done two things really, made me confident and made me look younger. I am not 32 but a lot people still think I am 25. I remember a month after I had this done I started going out on a lot of dates and went a bit wild! I still would rather have hair if I could, just for those lazy days or weeks when I can not be bothered to shave my head but oh well.. this has done the job. I am now married and have a kid on the way so having hair or not does not matter as much. I am not even sure if I will bother getting a top up... however, i do remember that first feeling when I had this done and I miss that feeling! It felt damn good having a hairline again after years of depression and insecurity. 

your head isn't that big im surprised they charged you that much.

They don't charge by head size and £2k plus vat is pretty standard unless you have significant scarring from ht's. Actually as it was a high norwood I'm surprised the price wasn't higher !

I dunno I'm 22 and live completely on my own and am in uni, it's been a little stressful the change pyschilogically and of people spotting it and having to cut it down every day due to still having alot of hair, trust me you really have to be in a good place and have a good support around you other wise it can mess with you there really is a age I would recommend doing this at, as I just think I was too young and should have waited a little longer, not to throw shade in your diary just felt to input, but congrats about the baby news and on being an uncle, I hope I'm were you are one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? How come you got this done when you have hair still? I pretty much had no choice. I was already left with a horse shoe by the age of 24 or so.. and was badly thinning around 21. Got this done when I was 28 but still think i could have done it way earlier.

Why did you decide to get this done when you still had so much hair? I had nothing much left from my front hence why it worked for me nicely. I do agree that it is annoying that you have to shave every day but its still better than not having a hairline in my opinion. I remember when I first got it I'd be able to get away with 2 days sometimes but now i find my self shaving nearly every day!