Sign in to follow this  
Raybatesman

My Experience in the London Clinic :)

I sure am. Born in Beirut and have a 'permanent' tan hehe. When I had my first two, it looked perfect BUT i was warned that it will find and was advise to do a third. Now that I see how it is after 2 years down the line I believe I definitely needed 3. He obviously knew what he was doing and that i'd need 3 to make it look natural. I think I could have went for 4 if i wanted it a bit more dense or dark but at the same time that might be too dark.

It seems 3 is an average session number for this procedure.. I think?

I sure am. Born in Beirut and have a 'permanent' tan hehe. When I had my first two, it looked perfect BUT i was warned that it will find and was advise to do a third. Now that I see how it is after 2 years down the line I believe I definitely needed 3. He obviously knew what he was doing and that i'd need 3 to make it look natural. I think I could have went for 4 if i wanted it a bit more dense or dark but at the same time that might be too dark.

It seems 3 is an average session number for this procedure.. I think?

Nice Beirut! I've got that permanent tan as well, my family is from Amman, Jordan, but I was born in the U.S. Thanks for the info, I'll leave it up to the professionals to judge what I should do, you're right, they are experts and will know what I need to do. If I decide to go only 2 and then later get a 3rd is that possible? I know that they want you to do the first 2 sessions back to back (week span), but I don't know if the third also has to be as short of a time frame. Thanks!

You can do what you like, at the end of the day it is your money and head. They will just recommend what they think is best and to get a good result or see how much more you need, it probably is best to do it within a week. I would do that personally :)

Congratz Ray! I've been following your thread/case study ever since I found this site.  Your head looks really good under that extreme sunlight.  Are you using any anti shine in this pic?  Are you considering a touch up before the wedding?

Thanks

Thanks guys :) it's been a rocky road since my hairline was 'restored' but I've been lucky enough to meet a great girl at last after all the failed relationship and years of confidence being knocked out due to hair loss.

As for the shine, I get it really bad. I'm sure that day my head was very shiny in person because of sweat, sun lotion and walking around all day with my head exposed. It's terrible when I go work normally and I use that oil sheet people recommend but that gets annoying too. That's one of my major problems with my scalp even when I had hair. I remember I had to shower my hair every day cause I wake up and it's so oily every morning. Wish they find an easy cheap solution for that problem.

I might get some retouching.. Ill see it I can book an appointment and see Damon if he still works in Harley street. His opinion was always taken highly by myself!

Thanks for the reply ray. Trust me my thinning is a lot more noticeable in person. I've actually moved my appointment back to october now, need some more time to think about it. When i had my consultation in birmingham i spoke with #### clarke, and he was quite confident that i could have a couple days growth and it still look ok (although he did say nothing is guaranteed, so its a risk still). Growth is really important to me as i dont want a wet shave look, but rather a really short hair cut look (like i have just come from the barbers). At the moment im leaning more towards getting the treatment done. Worse case scenario, i dont like it and i can get it lasered off. Would suck to waste that money if this happened, but then again i could absolutely love how it looks once its done....so i guess its a risk im willing to take. Will update you guys on how i get on.

Thanks again.

There is now way you can get away with two days of growth when lowering the hairline unless they match the pigment color perfectly. Then there is the difference in dimension of the hair and the pigment.

Considering fading and the philosophy of HIS to work on the save side it's not gonna happen. I think you should do a few testpatches if you really want two or more days of growth.

Ray you love travelling!! Don't you? Best think to get an open mind and know other cultures. The treatment as usual. Awesome.

haha, I sure do. I think ever since I had my treatment done I've been to Portugal, Spain twice, Italy, Slovakia, Scotland, Ireland, Turkey and Philippines. I've got Germany booked for Christmas as well. Looking into booking a long far away holiday for next year sometimes possibly to Cuba or Thailand :)

Ray,

Congrats on your engagement! You still look great. 

Someone recommended on here Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel. I think it was Born Receded. That stuff is excellent for reducing shine and I stopped using the Milk of Mag trick it's worked so great for me. You should check it out. It's pricey and it's a small 1oz bottle, but it's lasted me a few months now. You just rub a little up top after moisturizing. I've noticed when I look in that dreaded awful reflection of car windows, I can see the treatment whereas before I'd look like I had no MHT in that odd reflection. It's great stuff.  

Thanks again :) here is a picture from yesterday with my usual weird facial expressions (carrying a christmas tree back home), i shaved that morning. Still looks very good after 2 years now. I wonder if I'll have to top up when I hit my 40's, before or not bother at all.

1456117_10151694854157470_101545385_n.jp