Sign in to follow this  
hairisgoingaway

Low contrast between skin and hair after shave - how to choose smp color?

First photo is 6 hours after electric shave with braun series 7 and second is 1 day after shave. Ideally I'd want my SMP to match my hair at least 1 days (even better 2 or 3) after shave because you almost can't see anything right after shaving due to my darker skin tone.

How to go about this? Would I have to buzz my hair again in order to have visible SMP? No more shaving? What happens when I decide to shave it? Wouldn't the darker dots look ridiculous on the top? I don't understand what's the best solution in my case. If SMP were to match my hair right after shave and I'd have to shave daily I'd still look like a bowling ball. 

IMAG3621_1_1.thumb.jpg.8c933437e8497a4084458ded76241238.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.42.04.png

2 or 3 days after shaving. This or the previous photo is the ideal look I would like to maintain + SMP.

Anyone? Nobody has an opinion on this?

If SMP was done to match this look or the previous 1 day after shaving look, wouldn't it look bad if I shaved it? What's the solution here?

IMAG3595_1.jpg

Hi hairisgongaway!

I don't like a fresh shaved head so much. But I have found a good compromise for the first day! I shave my head on any second ot third day at early evening, when I am at home. When you shave at 6pm, your head will have already more color at next morning. If you go out, shave it before bedtime. 12 to 15 hours bring a lot.

Try it! ;)

On 10/26/2018 at 12:20 AM, hairisgoingaway said:

2 or 3 days after shaving. This or the previous photo is the ideal look I would like to maintain + SMP.

Anyone? Nobody has an opinion on this?

If SMP was done to match this look or the previous 1 day after shaving look, wouldn't it look bad if I shaved it? What's the solution here?

IMAG3595_1.jpg

Even in this photo, one can see that the stubble is not "dots", but "lines" on our left. So I guess it's too long.

Don't sweat on it too much hairisgoingaway, the difference between having it match three days length and freshly shaved is in reality not that much... However having said that I would definitely go in, if proceeding with the treatment, to the practitioner with three days hair length and ask him/her to match with that. Then you can foil shave at night so that the next day you will have eight hours growth which with the amount of stubble you appear to have will solve the mental gymnastics you are giving yourself over this. In fact I would recommend you have a variety of shades in your treatment, maybe a 36, 34, 30. But really, if you are happy having your hair shaved short then having smp will just add volume and reinforce what you have.