Sign in to follow this  
FUENightmare

Is SMP visible in certain lights?

Hello there,

Recently I stumbled onto a YouTube video and I saw a guy which clearly had SMP.

The result was horrible. The sides (his real hair) were very dark while the top of this head was very light, and we clearly saw that something was wrong with his hair.

Is SMP really that good? I mean, if we can clearly see the horseshoe pattern under certain light, it clearly isn't worth it in my view.

Is a seamless blend possible, especially under certain lights?

Even with a shaved head the real hair on top can look invisible or lighter under direct sunlight.

Smp can look lighter or even darker in natural light such as the sun or  under artificial light such as florescent bulbs and say a 100 watt light light.

Lighting definitely effects the look of a shaved head.

Unnoticeable, exactly. That is the idea... Like anything in the world, it will look different in different light - but that isn't a negative. Fair buzz cut can disappear on a sunny day. Clipped to just the right length, dark hair can appear to have a blue or green haze to it. A more important point is that people do not focus there, it just doesn't get seen... even when they do look, and even if they are trained professionals (accounts on here of medical exams of SMP on scalp where the client is advised to let their hair grow!).