Sign in to follow this  
lskdj

SMP and weight gain/loss?

I saw online people discussing weight gain and SMP. Someone said you should be at your ideal or healthiest weight before doing the treatment especially if overweight. They said the pigment does shift a little and fading can be more pronounced. Also faces can look very different if someone loses 50 pounds. Since practitioners design hair lines based on facial features this is reasonable no? I also heard that gaining weight very quickly can make the scalp stretch too quickly...

Thoughts? 

I can see how this becomes a discussion... but on the back of a "what if" rather than on any evidence. It is not something that has come up on here before which makes me think it is not a real issue. Then there is the anecdotal evidence of the many clients who were inspired to get into the gym and make significant changes to their body shape... with nobody ever mentioning a shifting hairline. I can only imagine the chat was inspired by people noticing that body tattoos can become distorted with body shape changes. But skin on the arm or elsewhere on the body stores fat subcutaneously in a very different way to the scalp.

Very interested to hear the experience of our clients and their thoughts on this.

My only concerns would be

1. If I lost weight and hair was suddenly shaved to nothing would people think I was ill?

2. The various non sweating times would probably mean gaining weight and so No1 won't happen !