Sign in to follow this  
PassiveAggressive

Tips for SMP (post-treatment)

Hey guys, I’ve now had SMP for a little over a year (15 months), and throughout that time I’ve come across  numerous questions regarding after care on this forum, so I thought I’d give out my personal favorites in hope that it will help others. 

Im a relatively fair skinned guy. Not pale, but not super tan...y’all know what I mean. Anyway, one of the questions I’ve seen asked most frequently (myself included) have been in regards to sun protection. Personally, I think I’ve found the perfect product: 

Kinesys alcohol-free spray sunscreen

It’s worked like an absolute charm so far, and keep in mind I live in San Diego where the sun is harsh. I’ve been able to not only prevent fading, but also get a decent looking “tan” up top. So for those in need of a solution, give this a shot! 

Another question I see asked is about cleaning the head. I tried product after product, and while they kept my scalp relatively clean per say, I was always concerned about the chemicals involved and wether or not they were doing more harm than good. Ultimately I came across a product y’all may very well already use:

Neutrogena 3 in 1 cleansing wipes

They are alcohol free, and keep your skin smooth and feeling fresh. As I mentioned, they are wipes, so it’s easy to use and doesn’t require rinsing afterwards (I still do for what it’s worth). I’d highly recommend this one. 

And finally, for those worrying about head shine: 

Peter Thomas Roth anti shine 

it’s been recommended on here before, and while it’s a bit pricey, I feel it does the best job hands down. 

(I apologize for formatting/spelling errors, I’m writing this on my phone haha)

Hope this helps!