Sign in to follow this  
Wasabear

Removal process for SMP

Hi everyone,

So I just got my first SMP session done a day ago, and the results are actually very good. I have diffuse thinning on top so it matches perfectly at a 1 guard.

However, I am having second thoughts. I know, I know, the rollercoaster, but the truth is I feel like having it done was what was needed for me to accept the process of going bald. 

Anyways, I do plan on at least postponing my second session for now before making anymore decisions. And I also plan on speaking with my practitioner (His Hair) about my options.

In the meantime, I had some questions for you guys since I’m sure I’m not the first one to have come to this conclusion:

1) What is the risk of existing hair loss or discoloration if I use laser removal? My practitioner said it was minimal but wondering what people’s experiences have been 

2) How long do you have to wait in between getting the procedure to removal? Will it look “bad” in the process?

3) Are there any ways to speed up the fading process naturally in the meantime? For example exfoliating, sun exposure, retinoids, etc...

Thanks for your time!

Why don't you give it a good few months before removing it? I've read many accounts of guys not being sure about it at first and then loving it.

Well that is what I am thinking of doing. At the very least leaving things as is vs completing my treatment. I know people will say I only got the “template” but at least that willl fade quickly vs having them fill everything in which will take much longer to remove.

I just hope it won’t look too off in the meantime :) 

The main thing in my case (won’t speak for others since it looks like many people have had great results and are happy with it) is that for me it’s about self-acceptance and getting over my issues vs trying to cover them up. Unfortunately it took getting SMP to realize this for me. But it was as like as soon as I got the  procedure a light went off in my head  and I said to myself  “hey this just isn’t worth it”

Natural ways for fading: A lot of sun exposure (or sun bed), swimming in chlorinated water, putting alcohol based topics on your scalp. Should all work.

To accept going bald and being cool with the fact is probably the perfect way to deal with it. I for one hate my bald head and SMP helped me in a great way. I have lost all my confidence because of hair loss and SMP gave me my life back. But I envy everyone who is able to accept his baldness and who doesn’t make a big deal out of it.

All the very best on your journey.

Hmm I like the bald shaved look. I've been shaving my head forever. Like I'm cool with it but I do almost ALWAYS find myself wearing hats with my outfits, snapbacks, high quality fedoras, english caps whatever. I've also noticed that women are more into me when I meet them WITH a hat on. It's much easier for them to accept my baldness AFTER I've already established a connection with my head covered. When I don't wear a hat, it's much more difficult to get attention for women...

So yeah, I'm getting SMP in October.

I don't understand why you would wanna get SMP just to get it removed afterwards...

Whats the problem actually? The blending with your existing hair is not seamless? The hairline you got is too low and seems unnatural? In my book, the best hairlines using SMP are faded hairlines, I find sharp hairlines horrible. 

Did you have remaining hair on your hairline to start with? It's easier to get a natural result if you don't have to recreate a hairline from scratch.