Sign in to follow this  
mrhair123

What can you say about the inks used?

Hello,

I've had my His SMP for about 6 years now.

• My first session was 2 sessions and one touch up
  • My second session was a few years later (it's healing as I write this), which was 2 sessions. I left it a long time as I wanted to let it fade out but I changed my mind.

This week, I made the decision to tell people that I've had it done and people were impressed. But some people really asked a lot of questions about the inks/safety of it and it got me a little worried! Of course, I understand that you can't tell us everything you do as competitors will copy - but can you assure me it's completely safe? The main question was how come they remain black for so long, even under intense UV light? Have any professional bodies approved/inspected the inks you used? How do you know they are completely safe and non-carcinogenic?

It saws on the FAQS that the inks are different to tattoo and permenent makeup inks, so what research has been done on them?

I've read the FAQs but I still feel more needs to be said. It just seems strange that their are quite a few companies doing this now and we still don't know exactly what we are putting into our bodies.

Thanks 

Bobobaldy is right, the depth makes a big difference. Did you read this... https://www.hishairclinic.com/treatment/knowledgebase/pigments-and-pigmentation-specifics/

The details are a business secret, we are in a competitive industry, but the pigment is designed to be chemically inert, sterile and highly resistant to UV light...and very important is that they decompose stably. There is always the possibility of an allergic reaction... the same possibility that exists whenever you put anything into your system for the first time.

My concern was what's in the inks – what tests have been done to know that they aren't carcinogenic.

I know there's always a risk of an immediate bad reaction – I was thinking more of the long-term effects/safety.

I know I know... I'm a worrier. But still, I think it's a fair question to ask :-)

It is a very reasonable question. I think the answer you need is that there are a very short list of ingredients, all of which individually meet those requirements of being essentially inert and most certainly non-carcinogenic. Mixing them does not create something new, just a blend.. - the precise blend aimed only at meeting the criteria required for the final product, of being sterile, chemically inert and resistant to UV light (because the depth at which the pigment sits means it is more at risk from UV light than it is from the white blood cells working for your immune system).  

Hope that helps.