Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Seattle Star war

Has anyone thought of combining SMP + Hair Fiber?

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you is thinking about it too.
We all know the downside of SMP that it doesn't give you the 3D look. (Even the 3D scabs left after each session fall off very soon later)
So I was thinking it would be awesome if we can combine our SMP with Toppik or any product out there. It would add a more realistic look to this 2D paint we have, wouldn't it?

I've read some great ideas about combining SMP with FUE, but unfortunately my donor area isn't approved for hair transplant.
I even thought of taking some hair from areas in my body (where it's thicker) and transplant it on the SMP hairline on my head, but I don't know is it's even possible.
So the Fiber thing might be a good idea.. We can wear it like once a month.. (as if our shaved-head look naturally changes and we let our hair grows..)

Am I thinking too much about it? lol .. anyway, you guys know the struggle and how hard all of us try to fill that desert on top of our heads in a the best way possible!

Let me know your thoughts. 

You are thinking way too much about this. Let it go. Just go with the SMP. Once you come to the realization that this is your best look, you will be so much happier.

Fixating starts to get into the realm of body (in this case hair) dysmorphia. 

FUE/SMP Combo was a failed experiment, thus you don't see it anywhere. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone happy with a hair transplant. It will never be thick enough, or provide the look of real hair, unless you are a millionaire.

Just joined this forun, booking my first session in 2 weeks time (scary times)

I think concelar on smp isnt a good idea although i have read people had added talc powder to smp and supposedly it adds to the realism.  Havent seen pics though.  Try it out pal, and post pics if you can

11 hours ago, bobobaldy said:

I do remember somebody used to sprinkle hair from his shaver on his head, with moisturiser/sunscreen helping to make it stick. If they got dislodged or noticed he would say his shaver must have been full, helped confirm he was shaving his head.

That's hilarious! haha