SomeMagicalProcedure

Thinning crown to add realism

Hi all! 

A week left until my first session, cant wait to burn by toppikk supply :lol:

I was thinking of asking the practitioner to make it look like the crown is thinning, just a little, to add a bit of realism to the fact that I am going to be wet shaving.

I havent seen this anywhere before though, do any one of you have any experience or thoughts on the matter?

Cheers

Actually thought of starting a thread on this based on the fact I study shaved heads religiously but always accept a balding crown as the real deal.If it's an option I think I'd try it, you can always get it filled in later !

14 hours ago, bobobaldy said:

Actually thought of starting a thread on this based on the fact I study shaved heads religiously but always accept a balding crown as the real deal.If it's an option I think I'd try it, you can always get it filled in later !

Indeed my observation as well, you assume they shave because they have started to thin, and noone would get a procedure that looks ”imperfect”.  Actually think somewhat aged hairline looks good so wouldnt mind having some signs of ageing, just not the oh so dreaded horse shoe

Don't be daft now, your paying the money, you'll be living with the result, get it sorted... it's going to look real enough. Trust me, buy a foil shaver, three or four minutes ?

2 hours ago, SHVD said:

Don't be daft now, your paying the money, you'll be living with the result, get it sorted... it's going to look real enough. Trust me, buy a foil shaver, three or four minutes ?

"Real enough" may not be good enough. As I said i think i can spot the treatment but subtle touches can throw the most curious. I prefer the " he shaved as he's balding " response to " why does he shave...why is it always the same length...why doesn't he grow it out...." Train of thought.

36 minutes ago, bobobaldy said:

"Real enough" may not be good enough. As I said i think i can spot the treatment but subtle touches can throw the most curious. I prefer the " he shaved as he's balding " response to " why does he shave...why is it always the same length...why doesn't he grow it out...." Train of thought.

Yeah true, but I think it has more to do with the front end than the back. I think if your front hairline is age specific and perhaps a little receded then you will not draw much attention to your shaved head. But hey if a monks spot is what you think will alleviate you from any mirth directed your way then don't let me stand in your way ?

On 7/14/2018 at 7:50 PM, Ryan Seattle Star war said:

TBH I wouldn’t do it.

Showing thinning on the hairline makes sense because it’s easily noticed. But on The crown is not easily noticed. So don’t give them something they won’t even know.

The point is that it is the hairline that makes us look better, but a less endowed crown will put even the most suspicious off the scent.

A followup: Ive now done two sessions, and although I didnt ask for it it looks like my crown is naturally thinning because I actually am thinning there. I am however going for a third session to cover the crown since it turns out SHVD was right, it does look real enough for me to be comfortable convincing people questioning it that it is real. Actually I would have no problem saying its a ”tattoo” either, since it looks good. Its no different from any other tattoo, of course we want to look better if we have the option to.