Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Seattle Star war

I just booked my 1st session. I'll post daily pictures

Hey Guys, So I decided to take the plunge FINALLY and booked my first session on July 6th.
I will post pictures here from now on to help people who wanna do it too. (Since I couldn't find many people helping I will start with myself)
I'm going for a subtle SMP and a natural high hairline. Any advices or recommendations to tell my practitioner?
I'm more nervous now as it gets closer to the date . Your insights would be much appreciated guys!
Let's keep in touch from now until I finish all the sessions.

Awaiting your kind comments.

Looking forward to seeing the pics buddy . 

Just relax and enjoy the experience, the nerves and apprehension is part and parcel of the whole procedure,   your practitioner will put you at ease by discussing exactly what your looking for. 

Thanks guys for your supportive words. I noticed all the SMP images on internet that look fake has one thing in common. Yes! (The straight obvious hairline).

That's why I was thinking about telling my practitioner (feel free to criticize/disagree with me) to:

1- Put a fake scar or make the Hairline 'tapered' or "feathered" (I don't know if this is the right terms) I want it to be going up and down exactly as a natural distribution of follicles would be placed (Or leave more spaces between the follicles to give the illusion of receding hairline)  .

2- I'm mid 30's, so I'm thinking about making the hairline up high. Why? because of those reasons:

A- To match my age.
B- I don't want a major change to my face appearance and allow people spot the difference. My friends and family are a little critical and they would look for any change to give me a hard time lol.
This way, I would introduce my new look slowly to the people who know me well.

C- Honestly, I care more about the horse shoe in the back of my head. I care about hiding it more than having a nice and low hairline). (Of course I want both to look on point but that's what I care about more).

D- By leaving the Hairline high, it lessens the possibility of mistakes that might happen in the temple areas (on the sides), because in my thinking, he would just continue the original natural line instead of drawing a new defined line. you know what I mean?

What do you think? feel free to disagree and say your reason. It helps a lot and ease the nerves :) 

Cheers!

if you post a picture now folks can give more informed advice as to you options , the pictures posted on here an hour after a session are never as good as this looks in the flesh , I refer you tube videos to photos as lots of photos on poor cameras as well , good luck mate you wont regret it

Thank you all for your great comments. Here is first batch of photos (4 pics before the 1st session)
As you see, My family passed me very bad genes. If you look closely to each single strand of hair you can notice how thin it is. That makes it hard to even think about FUE. 
As promised I'll be posting every day following the procedure so you all can be updated and have a better realistic understanding of how SMP journey would go for you in case you decided to take the leap in the future.

My practitioner is waiting for me to give him some guiding before the 1st session. So, these days I'm trying to think of how my front, frontal corners of Hairline, temples, color of pigment, etc.. gonna be to look as natural as possible.  

Cheers!

35769681_1852287504817845_2939701210539622400_n.jpg

35763220_1852288128151116_5650032634688962560_n.jpg

35898106_1852287774817818_6828159068973039616_n.jpg

Good luck! 

I have finished 3 sessions and much happier than I was,  I went for the slightly receded look and not one person has questioned it.  

Looking in mirrors will become a hobby for the next few months ? 

On 6/15/2018 at 10:07 AM, PermanentVacation said:

I had a faux scar added. I just went yeh go for it when I was having the treatment.  I can’t say if it looks ok or not but nobody has mentioned it to me so perhaps that’s a good thing. 

BA2B140C-EB11-4216-94C4-D9361AD2A4A9.jpegsdf

I like it, it's different and not on the hairline as practitioners typically do it, so it's more realistic.

7 hours ago, Johnm said:

Good luck! 

I have finished 3 sessions and much happier than I was,  I went for the slightly receded look and not one person has questioned it.  

Looking in mirrors will become a hobby for the next few months ? 

The receded look is very smart, unlike the people we see on youtube usually attempt to cover every inch in the head and make it look fake. It would be really great if you can share before and after pics. No pressure though :)

Go Ryan! Big area to cover with fue, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

You have fine hair you reckon? You have a good density of that fine hair though. I think your hair shaved down shorter than it is in the pics will still be a dark shadow.

You have those sort of horns on the side of your temples, little sort of pointy bits of remaining hair at the front of your sides, I would go right through them and join up with the bulk of your sides hair, kinda about an inch below the top of that raised 'horn'!!

In the first pic you have posted you have a spot of glare from the light, for me that's your natural centre point, how you join that point from your sides depends on yourself and the experience of your practitioner... for me in my treatment I could have went an inch down on either side of my temples to my eighteen years old hairline but, I'm near fifty, so!

On 6/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, SHVD said:

Go Ryan! Big area to cover with fue, don't believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

You have fine hair you reckon? You have a good density of that fine hair though. I think your hair shaved down shorter than it is in the pics will still be a dark shadow.

You have those sort of horns on the side of your temples, little sort of pointy bits of remaining hair at the front of your sides, I would go right through them and join up with the bulk of your sides hair, kinda about an inch below the top of that raised 'horn'!!

In the first pic you have posted you have a spot of glare from the light, for me that's your natural centre point, how you join that point from your sides depends on yourself and the experience of your practitioner... for me in my treatment I could have went an inch down on either side of my temples to my eighteen years old hairline but, I'm near fifty, so!

Thank you very much SHVD for your detailed instructions and guidance. Yes, I have a very straight and thin fine hair, (That's why it's gone lol). I totally agree to draw the front hairline at the same level where the "spot of glare" is, because I'm Mid 30, so Yes, gotta keep it mature and receding looking. Pretty much like the guy in this video but not as defined as his.

As for the pointy horns on the sides. I'm still not quite sure where will the line be going, it's a bit tricky on the sides. I found that Good and bad SMP's are spotted once you look at the temples so I gotta be extra careful on those sides. I wish there was an option here where we can draw on pictures and show each others, but I think 80% I got what you mean.
I'm counting the days. 7 days separating me from the big day!

Here is the video of the guy with the Hairline I like: