Sign in to follow this  
Semel

Is it safe to use High Frequency machines on your scalp if you have done SMP?

It is also known as D'Arsonval.

High-frequency treatment uses low-current high-frequency alternating currents, delivered via a glass electrode. Because the high-frequency current converts some of the oxygen in the air into ozone., the treatment has a germicidal action, and is also drying and warming Consequently, the treatment is used to aid healing and also to help desquamation.

It helps me to fight seborrhea but can I continue using it if I get SMP? It increases blood flow, and AFAIK increasing the blood flow in the skin can be harmful to SMP. Am I right?  I mean it could speed up pigment's fading away and might possibly make it blurrier

Sincerely yours,

Alex

Hi Alex.

Just taken a look at the type of device you are using and suspect the actual increase in blood supply to the scalp is probably fairly modest, you might achieve more, in that regard, by sitting in a steam room. Your question is a sensible one though, increased blood supply is touted by many hair loss experts as a way to introduce more growth factors to the scalp and so aid hair growth... but I have sincere doubts about that too. That increased blood supply could, in theory, improve the efficiency of the immune system and so accelerate fading. But in all honesty, if you are finding that the device is helping with your seborrhea then continue to use it... Stepping out on a fiercely sunny day with no sun protection would be far more damaging to SMP than this treatment ever would be.