Ben111

Should I or shouldn't I?

Hello 

Used to be completely bald and had a hair transplant about 13 years ago. My doner hair wasn't the best so my expectations were low. It came out ok and I can live with it. 

As you can see from my pictures I have a scar. I had SMP into the scar which helped a bit but not the best camroflague. I then went back had had my first session all over my scalp . Results are promising and create a bit of cover for my naturally thin hair. 

The first session was done very suttle and I have still got an opportunity to shave it off and lower my hair line with smp. 

I would love a slightly lower hairline but I am torn between doing one last session under my existing hair or shaving off lowering hairline and living with an smp head ? 

My crown is pretty much sparse. I use hair fibres to cover up a bit. SMP has helped in that area even with hardly any hair there. I now can use much less fibers in the crown. 

Pictures have been taken with hair fibers in my crown only 

What do people think?

1C2666D5-DE6F-4473-B38A-BD4D275F3C9C.jpeg

2E03484D-4E11-4384-B0CA-B1D3C907D385.jpeg

87FDB183-18A9-4FD1-80E6-67A7A1455AED.jpeg

CE5864EF-C09A-4CEE-8825-97C4DD3BD0D7.jpeg

969C0C5D-DB85-455A-AE49-69CFDCB1A669.jpeg

3791E3E9-08B6-43BF-A388-57E473DEE015.jpeg

45C6E003-6308-488F-A677-EE9A505E0947.jpeg

Shave it all and have a 2nd and 3rd SMP session bringing hairline slightly down perhaps depending where it was before you started losing hair. After having 1 session anyway you now know it doesnt hurt much and also what can be achieved .

Thanks. Still not sure. It's driving me mad. I just figured I might as well keep what I have. I can always get SMP a few years down the line. Feel a bit sick now 

Thanks. I have decided to keep what I have with smp underneath. Happy with the results so far. We havent gone too dark so that in the future I can still shave it off lower hairline and touch up. 

It's the same with smp. From a distance looks great but close up I'm not convinced. Would rather have receeding hair than ink at this moment in time. 

I didn't have the balls to go all the way. Will now put this to bed and see how I feel moving forward. Smp and hair fibres in the crown are ok for me right now 

Did you ever meet anyone with the finished product ? in theory yes you have ink on your head but its a pretty damn good illusion , you dont kick a pretty girl out of bed cos she is wearing makeup or has had a boob job

Completely agree with other posters. 

My hair was very similar to yours,  I decided to take the decision and have smp done.  I can honestly say it's the best decision I've made,  so many Comments by people saying that I suit it  and  that it looks much better than the way my hair was previously.

I know it's a tough decision to make and you will be nervous but i honestly think you should go for it mate. 

Maybe one day. As long as I'm happy with what I've done that's the main thing. Thanks for your comments. 

I still have the choice one day in the future. If I shaved down that's it. No going back. Now it's more flexible. 

Also sometimes feel Insecure about my scar and grow my hair longer. Sometimes my hair is at a 0.5 on sides and back. Sometimes I leave it till about a 4. SMP wouldn't allow me to do that especially if I got hairline lowered 

I would personally shave your head and go get the smp treatment to lower your hair line rather than battling the losing battle of hairloss..

It will definitely  take 10 years off your appearance.

Oh Man, you're case is damn interesting. You reminded me of myself when I couldn't accept the fact that I'm balding. I was battling it till the last breath! lol. I still look at my old pictures when I used to do comeovers and whatnot and they were terrible.

People who see me now they even say I look better with a bald head more than I look with a thinning hair.
You're hair is exactly the same like mine, same thin, same softness, same everything. 
Do yourself a favor and shave off everything and go for SMP. It will look great because you're not totally bald.

My 1st session is on July 6th. Wish me good luck!