Hi all

I'm new to this forum and I know this has probably been answered lots of times, but, I’ve had 1 session of SMP and all is good so far. My problem is head shine! When I dry shave with any electric shave my head flakes, but then after a couple of hours it’s a bit oily and shiny. Anybody got any advise on matte moisturiser, do they work etc? 

Thanks in advance 

On 23.3.2018 at 9:37 AM, baldy-locks said:

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and I know this has probably been answered lots of times, but, I’ve had 1 session of SMP and all is good so far. My problem is head shine! When I dry shave with any electric shave my head flakes, but then after a couple of hours it’s a bit oily and shiny. Anybody got any advise on matte moisturiser, do they work etc? 

Thanks in advance 

If you can get away with using a buzz cutter at a low setting instead of wet shaving, then that would definitely help you. It would also help if you don't shower your scalp. For example I usually shower twice a day, once in the morning and then when I'm done working out in the evening. Try avoid showering your scalp in the morning, and do it in the evening instead, showering your scalp will make it shine.

11 hours ago, Hair93 said:

If you can get away with using a buzz cutter at a low setting instead of wet shaving, then that would definitely help you. It would also help if you don't shower your scalp. For example I usually shower twice a day, once in the morning and then when I'm done working out in the evening. Try avoid showering your scalp in the morning, and do it in the evening instead, showering your scalp will make it shine.

Thanks for your reply. I currently use a rotary shaver (not wet shaved yet). There’s no way I can get away with a clipper cut (NW3-4), as soon as hair comes through it’s noticeable 

thnaks for the advice though ??

Hey guys, have not been on here in a while but just had a question. It seems that minimizing the shine factor is a crucial part of making the treatment look more real. My question is: does applying something like Peter Thomas Roth mattifying gel to your scalp (after smp treatment) make the smp treatment less easy to see? Does it cover up the dots or dull them down at all?