ChadwellHeath

What does an SMP head feel like?

On various promo videos and adverts for SMP, top comments often go along the lines of "it's all well and good until she touches your head and it feels as smooth as a baby's bottom then the games up". Is this actually true? I mean, if you shave it to the skin, is there any difference between the SMP and the real hair follicles?

It is one of those things that gets said by the ill-informed. People who have only read about SMP. That said, I have read posts from clients who remained anxious about their head being touched, usually by new partners who did not know about the SMP. It passes. Like giving up smoking some people embrace it from day 1, others take a little longer to get truly self confident. Early reading about SMP, until you have seen enough positive pictures and testimonies, does seem to trigger the critic in us. Human nature maybe, to be suspicious when someone offers you a solution to something you were sure was unfixable.

From a fresh shave the sides and back of your head will feel like the top of your head if you are even a a norwood 7.

You are never 100 % percent bald with zero hair on top of your head and always will have finer stubble that you can feel. 

It has come to the point where it is finally acceptable for men to do something about their hair loss whether it be a toupee or smp and not feel ashamed about it.

Smp in my opinion is the the most practical solution as it can be easily maintained and you never have to worry about it.

I personally hated looking in the mirror at a horseshoe on top of my head and I said enough is enough and finally committed to this solution. 

On 09/03/2018 at 3:28 AM, JCVD said:

It has come to the point where it is finally acceptable for men to do something about their hair loss whether it be a toupee or smp and not feel ashamed about it.

Smp in my opinion is the the most practical solution as it can be easily maintained and you never have to worry about it.

I personally hated looking in the mirror at a horseshoe on top of my head and I said enough is enough and finally committed to this solution. 

I don't personally agree that it is socially acceptable for a man to take reparative measures for his hair loss, at least not yet. Spencer Kobren's assertion that male pattern baldness is "the last bastion of political correctness" still stands. You regularly see articles which ridicule men for losing their hair - something they essentially have no control over. At the same time, studies have shown that bald men are perceived, overall, as less desirable. Yet we get mixed messages from society, telling us that we look less desirable but if we dare do anything about it, we're vain, weak and insecure.

The double standard is ridiculous. Getting a treatment like SMP is really no different to a woman wearing makeup, et cetra. But hey ho!

@Chadwell Heath

I agree with what you are saying and have written about this double standard in the past.. but it is maybe slightly more nuanced. Bald can be held up to ridicule, the worst cases usually involve a high profile person (politician, tv/movie star, sports personality) losing their hair... it is the moment the papperazzi get that first picture of scalp through what had previously been an impenetrable layer of hair that a feeding frenzy begins.

Ironically, if you hit the big time as bald it is held up as virile and sexy. - Vin Diesel would be an obvious example, but Patrick Stewart would possibly be a better one, given that he was of an age where most men exhibit hair loss. Very few manage the Bruce Willis path, to transit from being hairy to bald, and remain at the top of their field.

Somewhere in there might be a silver lining to going bald early, not least because SMP is available.