Sign in to follow this  
rich007

Alex Beresford

I hear what you are saying Rich007, not everyone wants to share the fact that they have had SMP. But Alex is a very cool dude, being in the pubic eye he had to make a bolder choice than most to go for SMP. For me, he has embraced it in a way that is to be admired. He certainly sets a positive example for anyone looking for ways to "own" their SMP.

another point that we've spoken about on and off is the fact that SMP has been around over 10 years now but has, and will continue to be, a secret weapon to hair loss no matter the exposure.  Why? Because the average person who has hair, will never fixate on someone's "shaved" head and question whether or not it's tattoo'd on unless you have a botched SMP or a super straight hairline that looks unnatural.  

Vinnydiesel makes an important point... people just do not see it. There are testimonies on here from people whose own friends and family did not notice. David1963, a regular contributor, tells a story where his dermatologist, during an examination of his scalp, recommended he allow his hair to grow.

Alex is not the first person in the public eye to be treated by HIS. From footballers (soccer players if you prefer) to actors. Nothing has yet prompted the cat to leave the bag. I doubt Alex, our favourite weatherman, will do it either. Both in the US and UK we have had regular press and TV coverage yet it remains as far from wider public consciousness as ever.