Sign in to follow this  
zakmandoo

Any tips for first session?

I'm booked for my first session in Seattle on Wednesday! After lurking on these forums for a while, I decided it was finally time to take the leap. I just turned 30 and I'm sick of feeling self-consious about my head (I'm a Norwood 4-5). I'm going for an extremely natural-looking, broken hairline that is slightly tapered. 

I'm super excited and nervous. What did you guys do to prep for your first session? Would you reccommend anything in terms of pain management (i.e. pain killers, numbing creams, etc.)? What other tips do you have?

Anyway, I'll keep you guys updated with pics. Here's to a kick ass 2018.

Cheers

Congrats on taking the plunge. Just had my second session done (waiting to finally shave tomorrow). Prep for me was: make sure you're moisturizing your head in days leading up to the treatment. I popped two Tylenol pre-session and was hardly uncomfortable at all. Trust your practitioner, but I was glad I went a little conservative on the hairline height and then was able to bring it down second session.

It'll be real red during/right after, but it fades to normal quickly. Plus, first session will be light. I was most worried about people noticing now that I suddenly had a hairline... I've seen 100+ people that know me well and no one's said a thing. Here's some pics of mine during/after session 1: