Sign in to follow this  
Leafs94

Fading & Hairline - Advice Needed

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and was looking for some advice. I received treatment almost two years ago. I have very find, blonde hair. I have never felt quite comfortable with my natural hair or SMP. I rocked the SMP for about a year before deciding that I really didn't like the look. I painfully grew my hair out over the SMP with a fade/comb-over. Recently I have started to thin really bad. Having the SMP under a half head of hair looked and felt ridiculous. 

After treatment, I was really happy with the results. You can see the photo taken outdoors (1st in line), was about a week after my 3rd treatment. The colour lined up well and I was happy with the hairline. The photos taken today are the ones indoors. I have a couple of photos where it is darker and defined and I'm very happy with the look. However, in photos taken outside or mirrors under harsh light I look completely bald.

Does anyone have any advice or critique? Is it too light? would you do anything different to the hairline?

Please let me know your thoughts. Your time and advice is greatly appreciated.

Inked13466261_10101602937328749_1424941694973273365_n_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_0569_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_0571 (1)_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_0571_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_0572_LI.jpg

Personally I like the look you have, in my opinion your hair is at the limits of what you can do length wise, any longer will make it more noticeable but I think it works as a look. You know as well as anyone else who has the treatment that it will disappear in certain circumstances and no doubt you torture yourself by looking in the worst case scenarios more than the good ones... for me if you keep it trim then you have a 'hairstyle' that works. 

Agreed with SHVD man.  In my opinion, your SMP looks great even under office lighting which is very unfavorable for bald heads (i see this stuff everyday at work), but because your scalp also doesn't appear to be shiny, it really brings out the treatment.  

If you ask me, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and also agreed with SHVD that you probably don't want to grow your natural hair any longer than what you have in the pics attached. 

Vin

I think that your work turned out rather well  and looks very natural.

I had two sessions done at the Toronto His clinic by the new practitioner which is barely showing and faded rather quickly. Currently waiting to do a third session and stressing about it not taking.

I would be stoked to have your results.

I think your SMP looks really great. Just don't grow out your hair any longer than that. Do you have a horseshoe or are you one of the lucky guys with a decent coverage in the back of your head? I too hate the fact that under certain lightning conditions the treatment more or less disappears. It makes me feel uncomfortable and insecure in some enviroments. My hope is that some day there will be an ink that stays visible even in harsh daylight and bright office lights and stuff. Dunno if that is even possible, However, your SMP is totally fine and it suits you.

15 hours ago, SMPler said:

I think your SMP looks really great. Just don't grow out your hair any longer than that. Do you have a horseshoe or are you one of the lucky guys with a decent coverage in the back of your head? I too hate the fact that under certain lightning conditions the treatment more or less disappears. It makes me feel uncomfortable and insecure in some enviroments. My hope is that some day there will be an ink that stays visible even in harsh daylight and bright office lights and stuff. Dunno if that is even possible, However, your SMP is totally fine and it suits you.

That ink already exists. Its what black tattoos are made of lol. Trust me, you wouldn’t want that on your head.

hi Leafs94! ;)

I am sorry for you, that you are not feel comfortable with your SMP.

What you are doing is nothing half and nothing whole! The best look with your rest hair is to shave your head no later than any two days. In my opinion your hair looks too long on picture 2. On the other pics your hair looks perfect for me.

If you do not like your look with smp and you prefer longer hair, you should think about a combination SMP+ hair tranplant. 

3 hours ago, Trendy said:

hi Leafs94! ;)

I am sorry for you, that you are not feel comfortable with your SMP.

What you are doning is nothing half and nothing whole! The best look with your rest hair is to shave your head no later than any two days. In my opinion your hair looks too long on picture 2. On the other pics your hair looks perfect for me.

If you do not like your look with smp and you prefer longer hair, you should think about a combination SMP+ hair tranplant. 

Your SMP hairline is too low for HT and SMP combination in my opinion. The SMP itself looks good though. 

How long can one grow there hair with an SMP/FUE combo? 3mm?