jm1

Toronto Clinic SMP scar

Hi guys,

I am getting smp done for my hair transplant fut scar at the Toronto Clinic. I thought I'd post my pictures, keep track of my progress, and get your opinion. As well, I know there is a scarcity of photo results on this forum from the new technician at the Toronto clinic so I thought it would be good to give everyone an idea of the work quality.

I did my first session a few days ago (Thursday) and attached are some before and after photos.

From what I understand, the first sessions is just meant to lay the groundwork so obviously the scar is still quite visible post 1st session.

Hopefully that will improve with the second sessions coming up this Thursday.

post-315194-0-16867400-1510543043_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-66617900-1510543043_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-46427500-1510543065_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-87770700-1510543065_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-30359600-1510543066_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-70385600-1510543066_thumb.jpg

Your in good hands. I’ve had 5 sessions on my HT scars with HIS and overall I’m pleased with the results.

You are correct what you say about the first session, be patient, you will experience all kinds of emotions through your HIS journey, some days it’ll look good, Some days you may think it doesn’t, “its too dark” is another common thing after the early stages of this procedure, but that’s normal, patience is the key.

Good luck

Hey guys,

Just finished my second smp session.

Here are pics right before and just after my second session.

So the first session, he used an 18 shade which as you can see faded a lot.

So we went down to a 10 for this session right in/on the scar.

I think it looks pretty good post session. Hopefully it settles nicely.

Also, I only shaved a cm above and below the scar prior to the second treatment hence why the back of my head looks a little funny

with the longer hair both above and below the smp area.

post-315194-0-50554200-1510872384_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-01848700-1510872385_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-55480800-1510872385_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-02158400-1510872386_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-51631800-1510872386_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-98728900-1510872386_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-06249500-1510872388_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-56553100-1510872388_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-16597300-1510872389_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-66582000-1510872389_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I am getting smp done for my hair transplant fut scar at the Toronto Clinic. I thought I'd post my pictures, keep track of my progress, and get your opinion. As well, I know there is a scarcity of photo results on this forum from the new technician at the Toronto clinic so I thought it would be good to give everyone an idea of the work quality.

I did my first session a few days ago (Thursday) and attached are some before and after photos.

From what I understand, the first sessions is just meant to lay the groundwork so obviously the scar is still quite visible post 1st session.

Hopefully that will improve with the second sessions coming up this Thursday.

Hey Bro, I feel for ya'.  I fell into the same trap it seems you did. The doctors who lure us into this...actually its more like the sale reps trying to bring in business, most likely con'd you into getting it done...like they did me! I had the same result that you did. Annoying af. In the book of karma, they'll get it coming back to them, for sure. Why on earth would anyone think its a good idea to cut a strip out of the back of the head? It's so obvious to me now...but I was so clueless when I made the decision. We just didn't know what we were getting in to. But the people doing those procedures see it every day, and they just let us walk right into the fire, so they can get a commission or pay for the next ski trip. Assholes.  Anyway, I hope the SMP is going to help! I am considering it. From dealing with my scar for years, I've gotten to the point where I now know how to cut my own hair...because there's really no way a random hair stylist knows how to NOT cut it too short in order to keep the scar covered. And sometimes, in a weird way, I think they want to see how f'd up the scar is. Getting a haircut used to be the most relaxing thing. But over the past years that has changed...as I am sure you can relate. 

When I look at what my hair looks like with a short haircut, the biggest thing that messes it all up is the absence of uniform coloring. The scar coloring jacks it all up, so I really hope that your SMP fixes that. I never really wore my hair super short (as in buzzed), but it looks like the SMP gives a good look on guys with completely bald or super buzzed hair.  I'm just hoping that SMP coloring of the scar will still help with hair that isn't completely buzzed. It looks like you wear your hair longer on top, so I'm thinking you can relate. I don't want a buzzed head of hair, I just want the scar invisible! Truth be told, our vanity got the best of us. I mean, who doesn't want to look their best. Maybe this happened to us so that we can be more prepared in the future when we do other things to keep our looks going. And any comments someone might have about, "guys with full heads of hair shouldn't be worried about hair loss" really needs to stay focused on their own situation and not project their stuff onto anyone else (it's like saying, "you have a functioning body. why go to the gym?) Anyway, I will definitely keep watching. And PLEASE keep posting pics! How much does it cost btw?? 

Hi Artistry,

(i) When I first agreed to the strip, I was under the impression it would be a very small scar like 1 mm or so. Obviously, that wasn't the case

(although in all fairness, maybe it's just my skin that is prone to stretching as opposed to surgical error?)

(2) To be honest, I used to keep my hair longer at the back too (to hide the scar obviously). Part of the reason I'm getting this done is just to have more

flexibility with how I can cut the back of my head. Ideally, the smp will allow me to cut my hair short (not like wet shave short but like a low buzz guard)

so that the colour/density blends uniformly.

(3) I will keep posting pics so no worries! I think my scar though is sucking up a lot of ink so I'll definitely need a 3rd session.

Like it is 4 days post 2nd session and it has faded a bit (not as much as the first time though). But always better I think to have it too light since you

can always add more ink rather than it turn out too dark.

(4) I was quoted 800 per session. So 3 sessions is 2400 for me.

Update:

So, it's been about 7 days post 2nd session. I think it looked quite good the first 2-3 days but it has faded tremendously as you can see in the pics. I have followed all the post care instructions to a T so I'm discouraged that it has faded so much :( I have an assessment booked for Friday with my practicioner so hopefully he can give me some advice. I have a few questions though:

(1) HIS advises a 1 month wait between 2nd and 3rd session. Given that it has faded so much in such little time would it make sense to wait the full month or get I get my 3rd session as early as next week? Would this affect my warranty/guarantee in any way?

(2) Also, it seems like I will probably need more than the 3 quoted sessions. Do I have to pay for another trio of sessions? At this rate, I feel like I will need 4-6 sessions to cover this thing properly :(

post-315194-0-94297100-1511407760_thumb.jpg

post-315194-0-28916500-1511407776_thumb.jpg

Small Update,

So I am going for my third session this Wednesday (roughly three weeks from my second treatment).

I spoke to my practicioner about the fading. He said it is normal and I shouldn't worry.

So, hopefully my third session this Wednesday will be the real "AHA" moment I've been waiting for.

In any case, I will shave my head again and update with lots of photos come wednesday evening/late afternoon.

Side question:

What length hypothetically could I grow my hair in the back to maintain the "illusion"?

Like obviously smp dots are 2D so if the hair above and below the scar is say 2 cm's long then it would look "off".

But could I get away with a 1 guard on the hair above and below my scar or will the illusion break at even such a small hair length?