Sign in to follow this  
Miami

Hello and question from Miami

Hello everyone,

I did my SMP at the Miami office some 4 years ago. Before I begin, let me say that I believe SMP to be 75% art and 25% science, and I was lucky to have a talented HIS practitioner who was also willing to accommodate my artistic and personal choices (I prefer a very natural look that resembles my early thinning pattern to a strong look). The result was a very natural looking SMP that matched exactly my baldness pattern when I was ~24, to the point that even my mother and sisters couldn't pick it up when they visited me several months after I had it done. 

That said, when I had to come back to fix a spot that had faded close to my hairline, the practitioner that did the original procedure for me had left and I was assigned to a new person. As I said before, I truly believe that the SMP is 3/4 art, and the problem with art is that opinions vary. There is no right and wrong, and everyone is entitled to their stylistic choices. Unfortunately, I could not see eye to eye with the artistry of the new practitioner. For many months I would feel uneasy about the choice of color gradiation, spot depth, angle, outer contour, etc of the newly applied SMP. It just felt and looked very different from the rest of it. And I am most definitely not just talking about the typical fading you see after the first few months. I'm talking about a clear technical difference that remained evident for several years afterwards. It took 3+ years for that spot to fade enough to the point that I am near completely happy with my SMP once again.

And I say near completely because now I have a predicament. Pushing 4 years, I feel like I need a refresh session. I am, however, weary about going back to the Miami office and ending up with a similar experience. Again, I am absolutely not trying to fault anyone. I am talking strictly about artistic choices (and boy am I picky with those). I called the office a few months ago and was told that the Miami office was further downsized, with only intermittent operations now. I asked around and was told that the practitioners with artistic styles I'd most favor are in other offices in the northeast or midwest. I started thinking about maybe traveling to one of those offices but the costs quickly add up, so I decided to wait. Recently, I found myself looking around for local alternatives, which I then talked myself out of. The reason I went with HIS is specially because it was a company with a track record who stands by their product, and I simply do not want to take the risk of working with independent practitioners, even if they agree with my artistic choices. Finding that I'm back at square one, I thought maybe seeking some help/advice on the forum might be worth exploring. I guess I don't know what exactly a solution for me would look like, but I'm willing to hear you guys out. Please feel free to contact me directly by PM and I can provide you with my contact details.

Basically, can we please get some love back in Miami? Been feeling a bit neglected down here :)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I'm with you. I'm actually down here in Miami too. I need a touch up and lower my hairline a little. I was thinking of saving up and traveling to LA for the practitioner over there. It's just really expensive.

Thanks for sharing hairguy! I wonder how many ex-HIS clients from south Florida are in our boat. I was told yesterday that the Miami clinic has gone completely out of service, and that traveling to a different US location has officially become our only option :(

You mentioned the LA location. Is that were your preferred practioner is? I'm a bit out of the loop and I'm not sure which current practitioner would be best for what I'm looking for. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know! 

Thanks for sharing hairguy! I wonder how many ex-HIS clients from south Florida are in our boat. I was told yesterday that the Miami clinic has gone completely out of service, and that traveling to a different US location has officially become our only option :(

You mentioned the LA location. Is that were your preferred practioner is? I'm a bit out of the loop and I'm not sure which current practitioner would be best for what I'm looking for. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know!

I understand the location isn’t particularly ideal seeing as you’re in Miami, but LA is DEFINITELY where you need to go for further work. Zang is brilliant at what he does, many consider him the best in the business, and he won’t let you down one bit.

Not sure who told you that but it is not true that the Miami clinic has gone. Definitely still operational when I spoke to the office yesterday.

Not sure who told you that but it is not true that the Miami clinic has gone. Definitely still operational when I spoke to the office yesterday.

Ed, this is mighty odd. Because I called again today and was told the same thing. Am I living in a parallel universe?

I was actually already discussing going to the Houston clinic (which I might end up doing anyway, since somebody recommended Ian Dennis to me). Do you know who's currently practicing in the Miami office? I will try to call their direct number Monday to see if someone picks up. 

I don't completely understand how this squares with what you were told when you called in but I am assured, by the fella who runs Head Office, that all US locations are operational, including Miami.

If, and I hope it doesn't happen, you call again and are told the same thing, please write to me at ed@hishairclinic.com and I will take the matter up.