Sign in to follow this  
TempleMaster

"Awkward" stage between first and final treatment?

Hey guys,

After lurking (and losing hair) for years, I'm thinking it's finally time to take the plunge. One question I have... am I going to have to deal with an awkward "in between" phase between sessions 1 and 3? From both a discussion with a practitioner and comments on here it seems like it's not until sessions 2-3 that the treatment really starts looking legit, and while I can take a few days off directly after session 1 I'll have to go back to work before I get the next sessions completed. Kind of nervous about looking weird/being called out in during the in between.

If it helps, here's a pic of my head currently and about the length I keep it. I know I'll need to shave it down further post treatment. Any thoughts/advice on how noticeable things will look after just session 1, or even session 2? Thanks — hoping to get up the courage to take the leap.

It looks legit, just after your last session it will look better than legit. I know what you mean about an awkward in between stage. I don’t think that’s the case, for me anyway If was good from the first session. In my naivety I never thought about those things. I just dived in and took it as it came and it was a really good experience. You may burn a hole in your mirror though staring at yourself. No joke lol. Keep us posted

Thanks - helpful info. Realized that pic to my current hair didn't upload, try this: 

https://ibb.co/et1Nqw

Should I expect to have a noticeable hairline after the first session? (I'll be going for a feathered look, but still.) Also, do the dots continue to fade/shrink after the "Day 4 Wash", or are they usually pretty settled by then? Thanks all

Hi TempleMaster! ;)

After the first session it will fade a lot, because the practitioner has to see before second session, how your skin will react. Working after the second session is no problem, but after the first session - I don't know...! I have had my first 2 sessions within my holiday.  I would not work after the first session. The third session then will be the magic session.