Sign in to follow this  
Lucifer666

Cold feet

My treatment is scheduled for late November, but ive been reading some older posts on here about people being called out or having their treatment spotted. I was curious as to how many of you have ever actually been called out or felt people staring at your head due to smp? Also any advice as to how to make my treatment look as realistic as possible would be appreciated, thanks!

Iv never been called out, I agree a nice soft hairline. Obviously you have to be tactful about how you go about it. I always say it’s better if you have some sort or hair so when you shave it people can’t be sure where your hair line was under it. If that makes any sense.

Best thing I have ever done for myself in years.

Thanks for tge replies guys. Seems like the easiest way to get spotted is by having too defined of a hairline, but how will I be able to know if my tech is good or not (seeing as we cant use their names on here)?

People are going to be curious whether they say anything or not.

I personally don't know a single person who shaves their head every day for months/years on end who isn't bald, and that is something you will have to do.

I have received questions like why don't you grow your hair out etc... nobody has ever actually said is that a tattoo, but then most people wouldn't ask that question even if they had suspicions. I do notice people staring towards my hairline occasional, but thats probably just a natural thing which I am overthinking. 

The best mindset in my opinion is to embrace it, and be ready to answer those type of questions... and maybe don't have the procedure  if you feel you would be paranoid about people "finding out".

Im never called out and in my job which is confrontational  I would be if folks could tell , of course it depends on what you look like now and for how long you have looked like that - although I was bald for 30 yrs I shaved it to the bone every day so its not to much of a change of style - If your style is an ageing hippie with a comb-over then it is a massive change .

I had 2 weeks of work for my 1st and 2nd session so went back to work day 15 so also had time to adjust to it myself as you are looking at a stranger in the mirror in a morning .

Good luck

On 11/2/2017 at 9:22 PM, Genetics said:

People are going to be curious whether they say anything or not.

I personally don't know a single person who shaves their head every day for months/years on end who isn't bald, and that is something you will have to do.

I have received questions like why don't you grow your hair out etc... nobody has ever actually said is that a tattoo, but then most people wouldn't ask that question even if they had suspicions. I do notice people staring towards my hairline occasional, but thats probably just a natural thing which I am overthinking. 

The best mindset in my opinion is to embrace it, and be ready to answer those type of questions... and maybe don't have the procedure  if you feel you would be paranoid about people "finding out".

I plan to get started this summer.  My answer to those who ask why "because my wife likes it!"  Done.