William1

Hairpiece to smp

Iv been getting my hair glued on for 30 years, before I actually went bald, I have to go every 6 weeks or so, only My wife knows, but as I'm now approaching 60 I think people may be wondering why im not going bald. I'm thinking of having smp, but wondered if it can be done while still retaining my present hair System while I undergo the 3 sessions that seem to be required to complete the smp, so that on the final session I can buzz my remaining hair so it looks like iv just decided to change to the close buzzed off look. I look forward to anyone's thoughts

Hey William

I had exactly the same issue. I took off my system and shaved my head at first session on Friday went to visit family on Saturday and to work on Monday not one person commented on SMP all wondered why I shaved my full head of hair!!

And here I had spent soo much time trying to figure out how to do this.

Hi William1

It's an interesting question. So I checked with the office on your behalf and got this, very positive, reply. PM me if you would like to arrange a phone consultation with the chap who wrote it. Cheers. Ed

We have done this before between sessions.
He can put the system back on after 4 days, lightly with tape, but need to remove and wash every day and moisturise to help the scalp heal.
Most likely we will leave 8-9 days between sessions, slightly more time to heal as the skin can be damaged or thin if the system has been on for a long time. He does not need to cut his hair on the first session, but will need to on the second session as we cannot blend correctly otherwise.

William

This is what helped me decide. The system is going to have to come off eventually and I have to face the world bald headed with a tattoo on my head. Do I want to do it at the first session and get it over with or postpone it to second and third session and have all sorts of blending issues!

@William1 , I am in the exact same position..I am nearing 50 and people comment on my hair and how much I have.  It can't last forever :) I am however going to take 2 weeks off from work and return to work after my second session.  I am trying to lose some weight before I do this :rolleyes:

@OnTheFenceAgain thanks for the reassurance!

After 3 sessions of smp I personally still do not have a proper blend yet in the back of my head even when I am shaved right down to the skin. Currently waiting on a 4th session.

After the first session they will cover the whole top of your head in smp from the hair line to your crown.

It will be dark for approximately 5 days and then start to gradually fade to a lighter color as it heals depending on what shade of pigmentation that was being used.

My first session took 3 hours but I assume that it varies from practitioner to practitioner. It is a process so do not expect it to look perfect after 1 or 2 sessions.