Redman

MY FIRST SESSION

I find it insane that they would quote you 2-3 sessions, but if they did, then I would think the guarantee would cover you.

Thanks for your comment checkingthisout.

Beginning to wonder this myself?

To be honest i don't know why they have consultations or online consultations?! .. everyone seems to get the same quote.. yes you'll need 2 or 3 sessions?! 

Can't see how anyone would only need 2 sessions?! .. i'm going to have to pay for a 3rd session definitely!

As for the Guarantee! . don't know exactly what that means? .. a full density job or just a top up like i've heard a few times on here! 

So if i'm not happy after the 2 treatments i was quoted i should just ask for my Guarantee to kick in instead of paying out nearly another £1,000 for a third session?!

It's all confusing to be honest!

Can someone who's maybe used their Guarantee clarify it if they would and what kind of treatment they had eg top up, full or partial density?

To be honest the way i'm feeling now if you'd of showed me the results i have now after 2 sessions for what i've paid i wouldn't of gone ahead with it!

I'm going to have to pay for another 3rd session and take it from there?

I've read in this forum that it's a journey well at this point in time of my journey i'm feeling down and i'm just being honest about everything!

Going to leave it another week before i post any more photo's.

Thanks for your comment checkingthisout.

Beginning to wonder this myself?

To be honest i don't know why they have consultations or online consultations?! .. everyone seems to get the same quote.. yes you'll need 2 or 3 sessions?!

Can't see how anyone would only need 2 sessions?! .. i'm going to have to pay for a 3rd session definitely!

As for the Guarantee! . don't know exactly what that means? .. a full density job or just a top up like i've heard a few times on here!

So if i'm not happy after the 2 treatments i was quoted i should just ask for my Guarantee to kick in instead of paying out nearly another £1,000 for a third session?!

It's all confusing to be honest!

Can someone who's maybe used their Guarantee clarify it if they would and what kind of treatment they had eg top up, full or partial density?

To be honest the way i'm feeling now if you'd of showed me the results i have now after 2 sessions for what i've paid i wouldn't of gone ahead with it!

I'm going to have to pay for another 3rd session and take it from there?

I've read in this forum that it's a journey well at this point in time of my journey i'm feeling down and i'm just being honest about everything!

Going to leave it another week before i post any more photo's.

No, you need to pay for session 3. I've heard people quoted 4-5. With your scar and level of hairloss I'm stunned they'd say 2-3. If they didn't void it because of the scar, then they'd do an extra session within a year if it was needed. Keep in mind, your expectations may not be realistic. It should only appear to be what's left behind after shaving. Look at your beard after shaving.

No, you need to pay for session 3. I've heard people quoted 4-5. With your scar and level of hairloss I'm stunned they'd say 2-3. If they didn't void it because of the scar, then they'd do an extra session within a year if it was needed. Keep in mind, your expectations may not be realistic. It should only appear to be what's left behind after shaving. Look at your beard after shaving.

I understand what your saying checkingthisout but honestly i'm not expecting 100% camouflage for my transplant scar!

I'm talking generally about my overall look after 2 sessions.

i think the 3rd session which i will have to have after committing financially thus far will have to improve my overall appearance drastically from what it is now!

I wanted to use a razor today to really see it how it looks.

I shaved my head to the bone for the first time today since my 2nd session and you can still see my 'horseshoe baldness shape from the back and the top of my head!

So looks basically like i've had nothing done there and there's been fading all over!

I normally use an electric shaver but now and again i will have a wet shave and shave my head to the bone!

I'll say again about my expectations.. i know my scar will probably take a bit more work and even a top up under the Guarantee? i'm not expecting miracles!

But aside from my scar issue it's fair to say i was expecting a better result after 2 sessions?

But hey i'm just gonna wait until my 3rd session and discuss my concerns with my practitioner and go from there.

Hopefully i will be posting a lot more positive results? :)

As they keep saying it's a process a journey!

Thanks for your feedback checkingthisout i appreciate it :) 

They just need to keep hitting it until the ink takes hold. Biologically, it's actually your fault for having a strong immune system. They'll use darker ink next time probably.

LOL yeah i heard about the immune system stuff!

But i did ask to go darker at my 2nd session but he said no we will stick with the same shade?

Was obvious to me if it faded like it did after my 2nd session then it's going to fade the same second time around!

But just how long do they keep hitting it? i don't have an infinite money bank!

H Redman.

I have exchanged emails with your practitioner so am confident that your treatment is going as per his expectations... which might have differed from those given to you as a quotation with the benefit of being able to inspect you in the flesh.- It is his experience you need to listen to, and he is very experienced. If he chose not to go darker on the second session it was for very good reasons (informed by the results from the first session). You must have read dozens of posts on here from people between first and second or second and third in a similar, or worse, state of despair - they all come good. Keep the faith, have the third, listen to your practitioner. All will be well.

BTW... In regards to going darker on the second session - If the pigment shade that was used on the first session, where it has taken and not faded, is correct, then a darker shade will not be used. As your practitioner said to me, and presumably to you, it is density that is the key. So using the same shade is entirely appropriate.. and a good example of where a less experienced practitioner could get it very wrong.

Thanks for your input Admin. How did you know who my practitioner was and who i was as i'm anonymous on here? My photo's too revealing?!

As regards my fading after my 1st session i thought i had really severe fading so thought the obvious conclusion for my next session would be to go darker?

But i think he mentioned something about no he'll just go deeper? ( presumably with the needle?! )

But if the shade isn't right (eg dark enough ) then density will still look the same?! ( like filling in a white board with a white marker same result at the end - same appearance! .. use a black marker and you'll see a change ) if you know what i'm trying to say?  :)  

I read another post on here from one guy who wanted to go darker so opted for another practitioner at another clinic went a few shades darker and his end result was fantastic!

Yeah listen i'm just airing my thoughts, doubts, hopes etc on here and not trying to be negative in any way!

I'm just waiting to have a good talk with my practitioner for my 3rd session and discuss my thoughts, concerns to him? Then take it from there.

You are anonymous on here... nobody else can see your email address but me. I used that to link up with your practitioner to get some insight into what was going on in your treatment. It is how I know for a fact you are in excellent and experienced hands, someone I would trust to provide good advice on how to progress.

I said previously that many clinics would not have taken your case on. If there was an error in the process it was that quote you were given on the basis of some pictures... very different to seeing it in person. Even then the guarantee covers you so you really have nothing to worry about financially.

When you go for your next appointment take a pen... jot a few things down, it can be a difficult time to pay close attention, what with someone putting needles in your head and all, but during the session the practitioner will share vital information with you that I can tell from your posts have not been well understood (or even heard maybe). The advice you receive in that room will be the best you will get.

You are anonymous on here... nobody else can see your email address but me. I used that to link up with your practitioner to get some insight into what was going on in your treatment. It is how I know for a fact you are in excellent and experienced hands, someone I would trust to provide good advice on how to progress.

I said previously that many clinics would not have taken your case on. If there was an error in the process it was that quote you were given on the basis of some pictures... very different to seeing it in person. Even then the guarantee covers you so you really have nothing to worry about financially.

When you go for your next appointment take a pen... jot a few things down, it can be a difficult time to pay close attention, what with someone putting needles in your head and all, but during the session the practitioner will share vital information with you that I can tell from your posts have not been well understood (or even heard maybe). The advice you receive in that room will be the best you will get.

LOL but the email address is not the one i used for my treatment or communication with you?! In fact it's a different name?!  

Which is why i used it to remain anonymous?!

No worries though i understand your only trying to be helpful through all this and i do appreciate hearing from you :)

Redman,

I can only talk about my experience with HIS having this procedure with scar only.

My background is I had 2 previous HT and had 2 unsightly scars at back of head and the cobblestone effect on top, my goal was to have the cobblestone effect smoothed out and the scars camaflaged as much as possible, it’s worth noting, Now that I’m older I don’t give a crap so much now about having no hair.

After much research I only had 2 laser sessions on top of head and the result is fantastic, scalp is much smoother and the old HT tuffty hairs on top of scalp which looked unnatural are gone.

In relation to the scars, in total, I’ve had 5 sessions with HIS to get the scars to the point where I’m reasonable happy, and will more than likely need future top ups.

There are however, several key things I do to minimise the visibility of the scars, first is I shave my remaining hair all over as short as possible every day with a shaver, this I find gives me the best effect in terms of camouflage, secondly I live in Australia so sunscream is essential, quite by accident I came across a skin coloured sunscream that not only helps protect scars from sun and fading, but helps cover up the scars, and the third thing I use is a anti shine on top of the sunscreen which kills any shine on my scars, then I’m good to go.

It’s also interesting and a little frustrating that the scars look better (or worse) in different light conditions.

Another thing I did notice is that the scars were always very dark after every procedure but soon settled down.

Any questions please ask.

Redman,

I can only talk about my experience with HIS having this procedure with scar only.

My background is I had 2 previous HT and had 2 unsightly scars at back of head and the cobblestone effect on top, my goal was to have the cobblestone effect smoothed out and the scars camaflaged as much as possible, it’s worth noting, Now that I’m older I don’t give a crap so much now about having no hair.

After much research I only had 2 laser sessions on top of head and the result is fantastic, scalp is much smoother and the old HT tuffty hairs on top of scalp which looked unnatural are gone.

In relation to the scars, in total, I’ve had 5 sessions with HIS to get the scars to the point where I’m reasonable happy, and will more than likely need future top ups.

There are however, several key things I do to minimise the visibility of the scars, first is I shave my remaining hair all over as short as possible every day with a shaver, this I find gives me the best effect in terms of camouflage, secondly I live in Australia so sunscream is essential, quite by accident I came across a skin coloured sunscream that not only helps protect scars from sun and fading, but helps cover up the scars, and the third thing I use is a anti shine on top of the sunscreen which kills any shine on my scars, then I’m good to go.

It’s also interesting and a little frustrating that the scars look better (or worse) in different light conditions.

Another thing I did notice is that the scars were always very dark after every procedure but soon settled down.

Any questions please ask.

Hi Lee James :)

many thanks for your feed back i really appreciate it even more so cos you have experience of scars similar to mine.

Yeah i realise i will probably have to have  few sessions when it comes to the scars at the back of my head and as i've said previously it would be foolish of me to have expectations that it will miraculously become unnoticeable!!

I just hope i can get really good camouflage as possible so it's not even remotely as noticeable as before?

Yeah i get what you say about different light conditions but there's really nothing we can do about that and to be honest as i said as long as i can get good camouflage coverage so it's not standing out so much! .. Just so much that i don't feel that much self conscious as i was before when going out in social situations!

I always shave usually 'to the bone' with a razor so i'm used to that style now especially if i was to go out socially. If it's just out and about casually i maybe might just use my Phillips electric shaver.

Yes my scar at the back of my head was very dark after each session but as i work from home that makes me lucky that i don't have to go out and people would notice it at work place etc!

I did read somewhere on this forum by some guys about laser treatment to have their HT scars flattened more before having their smp done.

Can i ask what 'skin coloured sunscream' did you use? I use Loreal anti shine moisturiser which was recommended on here.

And what type of laser treatment did you have? i take it you had it done before your SMP treatment? How much was it?

Once again thanks Lee James for your feedback and comments great to hear from you mate :) 

Redman,

I forgot to mention (as it was so long ago) i also had 4/5 laser treatments prior to SMP on the scar area to flatten. My reasearch told me this would be beneficial with the “final look” of the scars so to speak.

I don’t recall what type of laser was used. Cost was about $2/300 per session.

The skin coloured cream I use is called tinted daywear invisible zinc in a medium. The anti shine i use is by far the best compared to other anti shine products I’ve used, it’s called Mac matte creme matifiante.

Redman,

I forgot to mention (as it was so long ago) i also had 4/5 laser treatments prior to SMP on the scar area to flatten. My reasearch told me this would be beneficial with the “final look” of the scars so to speak.

I don’t recall what type of laser was used. Cost was about $2/300 per session.

The skin coloured cream I use is called tinted daywear invisible zinc in a medium. The anti shine i use is by far the best compared to other anti shine products I’ve used, it’s called Mac matte creme matifiante.

Great stuff Lee James thank you for the info! :) 

Sorry for the delay with my updates.

Anyway i had my 3rd session on the 7th November this month.

I had a good talk with my practitioner about all my concerns and what was mentioned in my posts previously.

Got to say he was brilliant and i felt so much better after talking to him.

As for how my session went well you can see from the photographs i have uploaded.

I took these as soon as i got home so it's not natural light obviously! 

I am just going to wait and see how things go from here as regards fading etc?

I will upload more photos shortly.

post-313903-0-72352300-1510849594_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-60652500-1510849601_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-42243900-1510849608_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-60356500-1510849615_thumb.jpg

These photie's i took on the 14th November exactly one week after my 3rd treatment.

The outdoor photo's of my back of head transplant scar look really promising! i can hardly see as much of the scar as previously!

But you have to be careful as different light shades show different views!

My transplant scar is still dark as of today (16-11-17) so it will be a while yet before i can really see how it looks? it takes a lot longer to settle!

But up till now really pleased with it. 

But as i said i will be waiting to see how everything settles in the coming weeks?

My next photo updates will be after exactly 28 days from my 3rd session:) 

post-313903-0-63619000-1510850201_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-82309900-1510850209_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-31008900-1510850218_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-77342700-1510850224_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-11380000-1510850238_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-09098500-1510850247_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-59724100-1510850254_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-13241600-1510850262_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-72012200-1510850269_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-69920900-1510850280_thumb.jpg

post-313903-0-53769300-1510850288_thumb.jpg